• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Tarot Cards, Astrology/Zodiac Signs

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 10:13 PM
-->
How to reconcile them with MBTI? Presuming anyone here is into it, dubbed “personality theory”, which sounds tongue in cheek, and that it becomes a “main” science or true, wouldn’t there be cross play? This isn’t a thread to explain how tarot works or how to do it or what it is or how to read it, since everyone knows already anyway.

MBTI used to be a soft science, in psychology via Jung and Freud but now has stronger support because Dario Nardi.

Astrology and zodiac by the mainstream has always been considered a pseudoscience or a joke practiced by people with low IQ. Those in the New Age or Spirituality scene are not scientists or smart, just broke, disheartened people hoping magic or quantum pseudoscientific technobabble are real because they have bills to pay and want some miracle to happen.

I only studied them more, since a kid before the 1st grade, to see if they were bullshit or not. Fake, wannabe flower/fairy girls know no astronomy, hardly any astrology, and just want to be seen as mystical or something.

It doesn’t mean they are experts in anything or can tell you about anything. They want to give out advice but is there a reason you should listen? Some have more experience than others. Some just want to provoke more information out of you for one reason or the other; the fake ones steal information from you then present it as if they divined it and are giving it to you as if you didn’t know, as if you needed it, hadn’t heard it before.

There’s a tie between witches, who were burned at the stake during the Samhain Witch Trials and Medieval Times for heresy and discrimination, being killed for having opposing views than the church, although that isn’t the source. The real innovators and originators (creators) of the art form and science of it are the men, the wizards, mages and magicians, not to mention the Jewish Sage Mystics. I’m writing a book finished soon that you have to pay for. Or, I’ll just type the rest here for free.

I was going to say there’s some correlation between some signs and types. Reading the stars isn’t hard, it can be personal or broad but as I’ve said before, no one will listen to you or believe you anyway, unless you have a better presentation. There’s a little more to it than merely just telling people what they want to hear. There’s also Feng Shui with crystal healing rocks and the vibrations they emit/absorb (technically). There never was any science to it, or a book, but in my time studying all this science, it’s up to me to piece together how it works, which I am, seeing as how I can see the connections to it through the laws of physics, chemistry, and biology.

Step one is to just get a guidebook and go from there. It’ll tell you what the symbols mean then you can try to manipulate life through the language of it (reality is made out of language and meaning). People aren’t adding the minute into the big picture or actions that accumulate over a long time (~300,000,000,000 years ago, and evolution or subversive artificial selection).

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 6:13 AM
-->
Ok. I'm in . Last day Aquarius. Also INTJ. What correlationssss

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
I cant edit post. I wanna add, that i'm also born on Saturday, and my Chinese sign is Earth Snake, numerology birth date 11- which is master number.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
I cant edit post. I wanna add, that i'm also born on Saturday, and my Chinese sign is Earth Snake, numerology birth date 11- which is master number.
I can’t edit either. Meant 3,000,000,000 years in the other post (3.3 billion years to be exact).

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
Today 5:13 AM
-->
I personally am a bit skeptical of any obvious connection but I'd be interested to know what overlap you're suggesting?

Even if you could propose something like Aries = INTJ, Aquarius = ENFP, etc, it wouldn't really fit with the way Astrology works. I wrote on this before here but what makes up a person's overall chart (and thus overall character) will be made up of a combination of these different influences, depending on what sign each of the planets in your chart falls under. It won't ever purely be of one particular zodiac sign.

So you'd need to come up with some process of categorisation whereby you say "this repeatable combination of elements = INTP, this repeatable combination of elements = ESFJ", etc.

Astrology kind of resists this type of approach as it fundamentally approaches someone as a unique individual (which is one of the reasons I like it). It would be very unlikely you'd ever meet someone with the exact same chart as you. At the end of the day as an individual is the only way you can truly understand someone regardless of what frameworks of categorisations you use to help in doing that. If you approach someone expecting them to conform to a categorisation there's always going to be some quirk in them that resists that.

You'd have to expand on what you mean regarding Tarot. I see it more as a catalogue of human experience with each of the cards representing distinct human situations & influences. It's used in that context generally to help guide people to understand more about the situation they're asking the cards about. I haven't personally seen it used as a character assessment tool but would be interested to see links to that if there are people using it in that way.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
So you'd need to come up with some process of categorisation whereby you say "this repeatable combination of elements = INTP, this repeatable combination of elements = ESFJ", etc.

Ooo. One thought. Each of the signs corresponds to one of the four classical elements: air, fire, water, earth. Each of the suits of the tarot corresponds to them as well.

Jung modelled the cognitive functions on the elements (as he was pretty big into Western mysticism):

Air = Intuition (Wands (Tarot))
Fire = Thinking (Swords (Tarot))
Water = Feeling (Cups (Tarot))
Earth = Sensation (Pentacles (Tarot))

You could look at the order of influence of elements in people's charts and try to determine functions order that way? Really fiery charts predispose towards thinking as dominant, etc.

It still doesn't exactly correlate to MBTI as the order of elements in someone's chart doesn't have to correlate to the order of functions in personality types. For example, the elements are all of equal overall influence in my chart so apparently when I'm in my healthiest state I apparently am expressing myself in all of these areas of life in a balanced way.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
So you’re INTJ? Also, you have some Pisces since you’re bordering on the start of the next sign by a technicality. This is assuming you’re using the tropical instead of Hindu system. I’d say the Air (Aquarius in particular) correlates well with INTJ (that is, lead Ni) + Te/Fi and just enough Pisces for us to get along in the ways we do. I’m a sun sign Scorpio and water “gets along” with water. I never particularly got on well or terrible/not at all with air signs in general (Aquarius or Libra, Geminis are equally annoying and dull except are usually the funniest so can entertain me for a short time at least. I still don’t relate to air signs that much). That being said my chart says my moon is Libra, which is before Scorpio. The moon and rising signs are also just “what’s missing” so people can confuse them. Those qualities will “never” be “as developed” as the main sun traits that should be (my Sun sign Scorpio aspects) but people will use the opportunity to interpret them as my strengths that just aren’t strong enough (similar to the shadow in MBTI).

That being said, that wasn’t the main goal of this thread. It was more so to reconcile it with MBTI, since they are both used for “predictions” if done right. It’s totally unclear whether girls want a boy able to do tarot card readings, or if it’s simply something left up to the palm readers (which they don’t talk about much these days anymore for some reason).

For example I am Scorpio but don’t support the idea all INTPs are Scorpio; etc. An ENFJ Scorpio would probably be annoying, for instance, I suppose. A person having an indicated type as well as their zodiac sign is more realistic as far as explaining the variety and nuances.
11 is also 1+1=2
Saturday was for Saturn with its myriad moons, totaling at least 56.
In the Garden the snake lost its arms for giving Eve the Apple, then was punished by being forced to slide on its belly instead.
Some of those are just associations through text and the written language, whereas there should be embedded influence as well that isn’t just gene expression.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
If I combine your type with your astrological sign, this is the reading I get: today you might face a challenge, either a small one or a big one or somewhere in between. Someone you know might call you to talk about something. Slightly before dinner you might feel a sense of hunger.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
MBTI used to be a soft science, in psychology via Jung and Freud but now has stronger support because Dario Nardi.

Dario Nardi did not make a strong case. Its still just soft science. Just cause someone goofs around with some eeg machine, with a tiny group of people doesnt make it science instantly. I mean its like me running around in hospital with termometer and taking tempreture from patients and then claming I am a doctor giving them diagnoses villy nilly. I think he is at a point where he needs some money to do the actual science, and maybe he is onto something, but he certainly did not make some serious scientific statment worth a lot. Just saying. :D

What really bugs me with mysticism is the superficial level of it. I mean its not the stuff it self like readings and predictions and whatever, but I have to say sometimes its soooo dull and unimaginative I cant really be bothered to entertain a single thing. I mean all these millenia of mysticism and all they come up with is sume super complicated way of saying the most mudane things I could ever imagine. Its poetic I give them that, but even so I think its for people who are bored to tears in their everyday life and just need to infuse it with something supermystical. But we all know boring people produce boring things.

Hey here is a fun video I watched sometime ago for those who watched Sopranos.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->

Dario Nardi did not make a strong case. Its still just soft science. Just cause someone goofs around with some eeg machine, with a tiny group of people doesnt make it science instantly. I mean its like me running around in hospital with termometer and taking tempreture from patients and then claming I am a doctor giving them diagnoses villy nilly. I think he is at a point where he needs some money to do the actual science, and maybe he is onto something, but he certainly did not make some serious scientific statment worth a lot. Just saying. :D

What really bugs me with mysticism is the superficial level of it. I mean its not the stuff it self like readings and predictions and whatever, but I have to say sometimes its soooo dull and unimaginative I cant really be bothered to entertain a single thing. I mean all these millenia of mysticism and all they come up with is sume super complicated way of saying the most mudane things I could ever imagine. Its poetic I give them that, but even so I think its for people who are bored to tears in their everyday life and just need to infuse it with something supermystical. But we all know boring people produce boring things.

Hey here is a fun video I watched sometime ago for those who watched Sopranos.
That’s just your baseless opinion. That’s not what mysticism is, just your shitty definition of it. I was a scientist, stern, and started investigating, via my own volition, fringe academia to see if they were bullshit or not.

I don’t give a shit if your ignorance produces a wrong opinion, I’m not always going to correct someone if it improves their life while I still get nothing out of it - I’d save my breath for obvious reasons. Why put that energy out there in a lose-lose situation?

Joke is on you. Just because something is what you can conceive of doesn’t mean it’s right or true. There’s nothing new under the sun.

The poetry thing is a joke, because writing poems has always been for losers and gay people. Rappers and rock stars, musicians get the most girls and fun. The average Joe, scholar, nerd, geek, or scientist whatever, doesn’t. If you’re a hippie or hipster, you maybe have more leeway without being too criticized in or out the scene.

Thus, it’s a joke. An attempt to convey humor and creativity, for fun and not really someone’s main thing (professional poet?) just to impress people. It’s also an attempt, as if this needs to be explained, to attract white girls seeing as how the bardic tradition has roots in Ireland.

I’m writing a book that you have to pay. Or, I’ll just type the rest here for free.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Metal and wood are also elements, there isn’t just the “four” traditional ones. Other system incorporate those.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
Metal and wood are also elements, there isn’t just the “four” traditional ones. Other system incorporate those.

They are in Chinese philosophy not in Western, it depends on what system you're talking about. If this thread is about Chinese astrology then fair enough. E.g. the zodiac signs in Western astrology are grouped into one of the four classical elements:

Fire - Aries, Sagittarius, Leo
Water - Scorpio, Cancer, Pisces
Earth - Virgo, Taurus, Capricorn
Air - Aquarius, Libra, Gemini

Which roughly correlate into intuition, feeling, sensation, and thinking.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->

They are in Chinese philosophy not in Western, it depends on what system you're talking about. If this thread is about Chinese astrology then fair enough. E.g. the zodiac signs in Western astrology are grouped into one of the four classical elements:

She gave her Chinese New Year animal as well. All the elements have connections anyway, so N being air and S Earth as well as T fire and F water simply means it’s the “reverse”. Air has Earth qualities and fire water by proxy. It doesn’t change the fact Jung didn’t know what he was talking about, and just tried to explain Bohemian social tendencies to a layman finding himself on some wrong side. In romance and compatibility in general water signs get along with water and can match with Earth. Taurus is Scorpio’s opposite sign (I’m a Scorpio), and yet, I’ve never had a deep connection with one that went anywhere. It’s there, but since I’m half black and a dark skinned minority, people are racist and the girls I’m into usually end up preferring white dudes instead, as it were, so there’s more to it than that (“free will+determinism” as defined by physics, not philosophy). Scorpio is what it is, everything else and other signs exist to prevent it from reaching its true destiny and fulfillment by being anal and pseudo-pedantic.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Jung modeled the functions after Zodiacal elements: water = feeling, air = thinking, fire = intuition, and earth = sensing. Anyway that wasn’t really the point. There are only 4 functions and 4 elements. You’d have to take someone’s MBTI and their zodiac sign just to know more about them. It can’t be one or the other.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
OKEY dziękuję.
This was all really useful.

Serac did splendid job in providing invaluable insight. Puffy is spot on on...something.Though he seems to detached from Chinese zodiac.

@Pizzabeak On which basis elements translate to functions? What formula is making it equivalent? air=thinking?I can't agree with that. I would have to be feely ENTJ or INTP. (given last day Aquarius).

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->

There was nothing that indicated it was about either/or. If Asian systems aren’t the same as Western it doesn’t mean they aren’t compatible or they don’t correlate. Their state of mind, perceptual system and process can be different, only slightly, from their language. Thus it’s mostly irrelevant. You should just be able to gauge compatibility and personality traits from the element, although you’d still have to consider someone’s personality type after a while. What also contributes to that is their mindset, which isn’t just what they’ve been thinking about this whole time. In other words for most fire+water combinations such as Scorpio and Aries, for example, it goes something like the water sign extinguishes the fire’s energy and mood, whereas the more tranquil water can be put off by the fire’s excessive energy, not really being able to do much with how they are under most circumstances. That doesn’t mean their isn’t a balance, of taken literally. When sweet spots and times are found it synergizes for optimum output, but it isn’t like that 24/7, I’d imagine, for want of some personal space.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
Sure, I'm just presenting a theory for how you might be able to reconcile MBTI and Astrology like you asked in your OP. I can't really comment on the Chinese system as I haven't studied it, only enough to know that they're not completely analogous (inc. the way they interpret elements) so I'd be wary of lumping them together.

What is your proposal for how MBTI can be reconciled with either of these systems?

lightfire

Local time
Today 12:13 AM
-->
Isn't astrology more about guessing what is about to happen. I don't get how the predicting of future events has anything to do with personality. Also somehow constellations are mixed in.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Isn't astrology more about guessing what is about to happen. I don't get how the predicting of future events has anything to do with personality. Also somehow constellations are mixed in.
It’s that, which is Ni focused and what some people prefer, and while that doesn’t mean Ne users are unaware or not paying attention to it, it’s that people try to make it their own thing.

You can see how it turned into an adaptation over time. The public consciousness affected how people behave from what they value. It can be seen as fake in this regard, because it evolved to try and save face. It’s from little white lies. It became a niche after someone got dissed by getting their future predicted, so they based their life on it after that point and just mashed it out to try and make it seem like the new normal.

I’m a water sun sign Scorpio, and my chart says moon Libra, based on my time of birth, and Libra is still related to Scorpio in being depicted as the scorpion’s claws or a balance. What matters is the sun because the moon is just “what’s missing” similar to the shadow in MBTI.

People keep trying to associate the wind with me because they want to accuse me of not being a Scorpio, which is the genitals of Zodiac Man and the sex sign because of it. Animal signs like Aries, Capricorn, Leo, or Sagittarius, which are mostly fire signs, only try to use “sexual energy” as their main thing because they’re posers. Their body part is not the genitalia. They want to be seen as “sexual beasts” and wild animals but lack sophistication.

Then, they want Ophiuchus to be a new sign now so it could mean I might not be Scorpio so that it might mean I don’t need that much sex or love, according to my destiny.

But, I would still be Scorpio, actually - the sign represents the serpent bearer which is a symbol of more knowledge presuming that information or skill exercising is key to sex.

Then, people will say looks don’t matter or it’s about personality and talking, which is besides the point if they’re criticizing a person’s taste or preference in a so called partner in whatever kind of relationship.

So it’s almost always really how much money you have.

The wind is a Japanese thing since I studied it and played Street Fighter games before. In the canon Ryu the protagonist said he wasn’t like the wind which I didn’t understand that much at the time because it seemed lame or cheesy, but over time it came to make more sense regardless if you wanted it to or not. Deal with it.

I’m still a water sign, apparently, which is Scorpio. That doesn’t a priori mean you can associate whatever water thing you want with me.

Volstar

home is where your heart is
Local time
-->
doesn't make much sense to me
i'm libra, that means libra = air; so i'm a thinker. i'm not seeing it, secondary function could be. but no dominant fosho. it says around the net that my opposite is Aries and my best match. can someone confirm the feeling?

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
I am still a Scorpio, because I am a water sign.

Just because I said people love accusing me of being a Libra/air sign, for some reason, for the conspiratorial reasons outlined in my previous post, does not mean I am one.

Just because everyone wants to be a Scorpio and they aren’t, doesn’t mean they can accuse scorpios of not being scorpios or try to create new signs so it might could mean they might be Scorpio, doesn’t make it so.

That’s why everyone says they “hate scorpios”.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Just because I politely described Libra after Scorpio doesn’t make me a Libra, because I’m still Scorpio. I was just talking about the lies people believe just so they can hope I’m not Scorpio just so they can pretend to be one themselves while subjugating those they hate and fear into something else such as the unknown.

If you don’t have the sense of humor, you will not comprehend. And you don’t.

Libra as a balance is the joke. There’s no handicap, but me merely talking about Libra, instead of Scorpio, perhaps, does not and should not mean that gave hope to people to believe I might not be Scorpio.

If people say they don’t believe I’m one or act like a Scorpio, refer to my sig and/or previous posts. It is a conspiracy, they’re racist, and they just “do the opposite” no matter what.

If I said I was thirsty and needed water, it will be in their best interest to pretend not to hear or just disagree and tell me that I don’t need the water since they apparently know better.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
That’s just your baseless opinion. That’s not what mysticism is, just your shitty definition of it. I was a scientist, stern, and started investigating, via my own volition, fringe academia to see if they were bullshit or not.

I don’t give a shit if your ignorance produces a wrong opinion, I’m not always going to correct someone if it improves their life while I still get nothing out of it - I’d save my breath for obvious reasons. Why put that energy out there in a lose-lose situation?

Joke is on you. Just because something is what you can conceive of doesn’t mean it’s right or true. There’s nothing new under the sun.

The poetry thing is a joke, because writing poems has always been for losers and gay people. Rappers and rock stars, musicians get the most girls and fun. The average Joe, scholar, nerd, geek, or scientist whatever, doesn’t. If you’re a hippie or hipster, you maybe have more leeway without being too criticized in or out the scene.

Thus, it’s a joke. An attempt to convey humor and creativity, for fun and not really someone’s main thing (professional poet?) just to impress people. It’s also an attempt, as if this needs to be explained, to attract white girls seeing as how the bardic tradition has roots in Ireland.

I’m writing a book that you have to pay. Or, I’ll just type the rest here for free.

Yes well if you were scientist you probably know you can see patterns everywhere. I like art for example. I can look at a color spot on the wall and rattle off 10 different things I can see in the color spot. When I do usually people see them too. Patterns are everywhere the point to understand them is not the arbitrary order of pattern though.
Its to understand how they pertain to the real world. Some stars that dont even exist nowdays - what is it about? Gravity field. Some magical pixie dust?

Mysticism is just light version of ocd and pyschosis. Its lose association boxed into oderly nature to make one happy that things have their supposed place even though they are random as fuck. Alchemy is nice example. Back then you had philosophers stone and whatever nowdays you have the periodic table. With old alchemy you were at best doing nothing at worst posining yourself. With periodic table you can rule nature like Gandalf couldnt even dream about.

When it comes to poetry its hit and miss. I remember studying poets in school. It was super boring. One poet I got hold of his book. It was lame as fuck. Then I got hold of another book, and it was something I couldnt describe. It was clarity a symphony of words made into pictures. His topics were a little romantic too, but the way the words rolled of tongue and the way he used words was really aesthetically pleasing. I know a talent when I see one. That was it. I read the whole book. Maybe he wrote to impress, but he did impress. I am not a woman. He didnt impress me with just the few phrases it was his whole book real good composition. Most poems I read compared to his work seem like something done by a child. I dont know why the guy is not more famous even in my country, but his shit is gold. Maybe I am just biased for whatever reason, but Id put him up there with Shakespeare.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->

Yes well if you were scientist you probably know you can see patterns everywhere. I like art for example. I can look at a color spot on the wall and rattle off 10 different things I can see in the color spot. When I do usually people see them too. Patterns are everywhere the point to understand them is not the arbitrary order of pattern though.
Its to understand how they pertain to the real world. Some stars that dont even exist nowdays - what is it about? Gravity field. Some magical pixie dust?

Mysticism is just light version of ocd and pyschosis. Its lose association boxed into oderly nature to make one happy that things have their supposed place even though they are random as fuck. Alchemy is nice example. Back then you had philosophers stone and whatever nowdays you have the periodic table. With old alchemy you were at best doing nothing at worst posining yourself. With periodic table you can rule nature like Gandalf couldnt even dream about.

When it comes to poetry its hit and miss. I remember studying poets in school. It was super boring. One poet I got hold of his book. It was lame as fuck. Then I got hold of another book, and it was something I couldnt describe. It was clarity a symphony of words made into pictures. His topics were a little romantic too, but the way the words rolled of tongue and the way he used words was really aesthetically pleasing. I know a talent when I see one. That was it. I read the whole book. Maybe he wrote to impress, but he did impress. I am not a woman. He didnt impress me with just the few phrases it was his whole book real good composition. Most poems I read compared to his work seem like something done by a child. I dont know why the guy is not more famous even in my country, but his shit is gold. Maybe I am just biased for whatever reason, but Id put him up there with Shakespeare.
Sorry, I had to reread your post again. It made more sense and I can now respond to it with a more at ease mind.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
OKEY dziękuję.
This was all really useful.

Serac did splendid job in providing invaluable insight. Puffy is spot on on...something.Though he seems to detached from Chinese zodiac.

@Pizzabeak On which basis elements translate to functions? What formula is making it equivalent? air=thinking?I can't agree with that. I would have to be feely ENTJ or INTP. (given last day Aquarius).
None. Astrology was always pseudoscience, and one would render it unworthy of attention on this grounds because there were more pursuits to study. Not all consider it useful information, if something seems missing, you can look into it for any guidance. That’s why you’d turn to psychology and Freudian analysis. However, the current New Age movement is dubious for two reasons: 1). It’s always been. There could be truth out there, although it’d be muddled in the noise of the signal. So there’s confusion and people are prone to worship the wrong thing. 2). It was looked into to not only incorporate aspects useful and realistic enough for real science, but to start a small disinformation campaign in which people would purposefully be lead done a wrong path. It must be some kind of intelligence test. In short, you’re really just observing what people want you to do to gain their trust, and check if there’s any spite they want to inflict on someone as a grudge.

Jung was INFJ. It’s impossible for everyone to have an exact correlated sign and type with the element. Water is usually seen as feeling for Cancer and Pisces. Air is intuition on a relegated basis but more specifically it’s Te. Fire is more Ti or intuition on the basis of extroversion or particular Ji expression. So ground is usually seen as sensation, Virgo is the poster Earth sign, and Cap and Taurus (Scorpio’s opposite sign) are more ENFJ or Te types.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
So this boring topic didn’t really get anywhere, and no one knew what they were looking for.

Thanks to Puffy for providing whatever he did, and in a timely fashion, although he failed to provide Jung’s birthday and the rest of the info from that book. It would have been posted eventually. I don’t think the object was to point out what you thought someone didn’t know to earn credit or something.

No where did I say or even imply horoscope writer is my dream job. Understanding its mechanics and writing something about it seems like a good idea. The point was something else. So congrats on just that, even failing to offer anything else. All that really accomplishes is venerating dominance energy.

Top Bottom