• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Success Story

davidintp

Local time
Today 8:39 PM
-->
Hi Everyone,

I've asked for career advice on this forum many months ago. I had a short filmmaking career that didn't fulfill me. Then I was in sales for two years. Car sales then inside sales at a cool startup company. I was never happy and totally exhausted. Even though I put my mind to it and worked incredibly hard I wasn't performing well. After getting advice from Architect and others in this forum I decided to pursue IT and coding. After almost a year of taking classes after work I was able to score a job as a Quality Assurance Test Engineer. I more than doubled my income, I work less and my job is very interesting. I no longer come home exhausted and tired.

Thanks for everybody in this forum giving me advice. I sincerely hope that this story will serve as an inspiration to all of you who are struggling to find a career that fits your INTP personality.

This one is for you!!

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Today 9:39 AM
-->
Just give it time. You're happy now, but I'm sure things will change. :twisteddevil:

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Tomorrow 5:39 AM
-->
Congratulations. I remember your dilemma. I'm glad you made it out in one piece :)

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Today 1:39 PM
-->
Fixing the world, one INTP at a time.

Good to hear, thanks for reporting back. As Reluctantly notes it won't solve all your problems, but it will provide a base for all of the explorations you'll probably want to make in your life. All else being equal INTP's are most satisfied in IT related work.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Tomorrow 3:39 AM
-->
Congrats OP.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 3:39 PM
-->
Gratz. Glad you found something that you are finding enjoyable and fulfilling.

I take full credit.

^^ Mister Gopher fulfills another campaign promise, making INTPforum great again!

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Tomorrow 5:39 AM
-->
This is very encouraging. Thanks for coming back and updating (so rare) and congrats. :D

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 2:39 PM
-->

lifesaver

Redshirt
Local time
Today 3:39 PM
-->
Just give it time. You're happy now, but I'm sure things will change. :twisteddevil:

This B lol...

Congratulations David, you have a career, you have a purpose and you hand found a place where you fit... What's next on the agenda?

Respectfully,
Lifesaver

Top Bottom