• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.

studying with music ???

cosmicflow

Intp female
Local time
Today, 18:13
does it affect learning ?
for me music make me concentrate and i spend more time studying when the music is on

Nebulous

fungus lord. dishwasher opossum
Local time
Today, 13:13
It's hard for me to focus when there's only one thing going through my brain/ senses. Music fills in my background and allows me to focus more clearly. Otherwise I wig out.

You could listen to music that's not in a language you really know but has a good beat for example.

baccheion

Local time
White noise (ie, brainwave entrainment with a program like Neuro-Programmer 3). Music, especially if words are present, tend to ruin my ability to think. You can also try something like piracetam or noopept to speed things along.

JR_IsP

Overthinker in Chief
Local time
Today, 14:13
Seventh son of the seventh son <---- Best album ever

I sometimes also listen to european folk or epic music (like movies OSTs).

Even ambient is good sometimes, depends on my mood.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:13
Agree with JR_IsP on movie soundtracks. Try Two Step from Hell.

Local time
Today, 18:13
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
Cool thing about distrokid is they allow me to fake several artists so if I want I can start making film ambience crazy music and upload to Spotify and shit like that. I wonder how many people listen to that kind of stuff tho.
I guess only nerds like most of u.
Chill out beats for studying anyone?
I can't. I focus too much on music to be able to study.
But I can make that kind of beats using samples and stuff.

The other option is to make reggaeton aka Latino music.
It could actually turn out well. The options are always there. I'm just so lazy.

Local time
Tomorrow, 05:13
Silence.

But if you must, go with classical, jazz or electronic. Or just start spotify, hit browse and click focus.

No lyrics.

Local time
It was found in certain people studying with music helps, but only as Happy said classical or jazz. If the participant picked the music they were worse off. Then again if you enjoy the studying you might do more and it'll balance out.

Local time
It was found in certain people studying with music helps, but only as Happy said classical or jazz. If the participant picked the music they were worse off. Then again if you enjoy the studying you might do more and it'll balance out.
They're basically the 2 best genres anyway... you can't lose

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:43
I use it to block out distractions. Sometimes it can become a distraction in itself, but I try to set a level that is busy enough to block stuff out, not so busy that it distracts me, and not so slow it brings me down.

Usually that means prog rock. Sometimes if my mood is low I'll start with something a bit exciting to get me motivated then transition after 20 min or so.

While there are jazz, classical, and electronic pieces I like, it's difficult to get a whole album I'm content with.

RunForWord

Developing INTP
Local time
Instrumental or nothing. It's hard for me to focus on reading when I hear words being sang. Maybe incoherent vocals would be better for studying

Top Bottom