• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Studying Functions

~Peregrine

Redshirt
Local time
Today 5:19 AM
-->
Apologies if this is basic or already covered. I'm fairly new with investigating MBTI/Functions/Typology etc

I strongly associate with INTP, score it on virtually every useful or lackluster test. Yet as I study functions, I find something odd. I assume this is because of my lack of knowledge or experience with this field and can hopefully be easily rectified with some help from more knowledgeable folk!

Anyways, I seem to strongly Associate myself with:

Ti
Ni
Si
Fe (a poor, scared little Fe)

Question is - shouldn't my Ni actually be Ne ?? Obviously everyone has everything within them, but I really don't associate with Ne or Se compared to their introverted side of things. My other wonder is - maybe I'm not actually an INTP and I'm trying to pigeon hole myself into this category for some reason (and therefore overlooking some obvious details). - Not that Ti Ni Si Fe would be anything of use for any other type/function.

Hopefully this isn't too stupid of a question!

Brandon

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
Today 12:19 AM
-->
Welome to this forum. I'm not an expert on this but I'll comment anyway.
Apologies if this is basic or already covered. I'm fairly new with investigating MBTI/Functions/Typology etc

I strongly associate with INTP, score it on virtually every useful or lackluster test. Yet as I study functions, I find something odd. I assume this is because of my lack of knowledge or experience with this field and can hopefully be easily rectified with some help from more knowledgeable folk!

Anyways, I seem to strongly Associate myself with:

Ti
Ni
Si
Fe (a poor, scared little Fe)

Question is - shouldn't my Ni actually be Ne ?? Obviously everyone has everything within them, but I really don't associate with Ne or Se compared to their introverted side of things. My other wonder is - maybe I'm not actually an INTP and I'm trying to pigeon hole myself into this category for some reason (and therefore overlooking some obvious details). - Not that Ti Ni Si Fe would be anything of use for any other type/function.

Hopefully this isn't too stupid of a question!

Brandon
If your first three cognitive functions are introverted, how would you communicate with the outside world? You just expressed your intuition in your message. You put it "out there" in your message saying Ti Ni Si. Your gave as an alternative association with INTP. That sounds like an extroverted expression to me ... Ne.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 1:49 PM
-->
maybe I'm not actually an INTP and I'm trying to pigeon hole myself into this category for some reason (and therefore overlooking some obvious details

This is an immensely common phenomenon, it's good that you're looking at your functions to second guess yourself (which is something I'd say was necessary but not sufficient to judge you as INTP).

~Peregrine

Redshirt
Local time
Today 5:19 AM
-->
RE: BigApplePi

Well I will say - I'm pretty darn horrible at communicating with the outside world (mainly via a blog)... :ahh: ... I have a hard time replying to family members emails...

Yet I did somewhat know that this situation could not be right. I've just been studying each aspect of MBTI/Functions etc individually, to try and ensure I'm making the right call on my type and for some reason I often have a strong relation to Ni - hence my confusion. Although when looking at the grand scheme of things, Ti Ne does fit quite well. (and INTP is remarkable in describing my life).

Many thanks for the reply. Also curious if anyone has any reading on the theoretical application of this knowledge to everyday life? Anything from basic understanding of Jung's/MB work, accuracy in typing people, development of strong/weak functions etc etc etc. I'm in the short term mode of trying to absorb as much information as possible, and feel like I'm running out of readily obvious material online.

Many thanks again!

Spirit

ISTP Preference
Local time
Yesterday 10:19 PM
-->
RE: BigApplePi

Well I will say - I'm pretty darn horrible at communicating with the outside world (mainly via a blog)... :ahh: ... I have a hard time replying to family members emails...

Yet I did somewhat know that this situation could not be right. I've just been studying each aspect of MBTI/Functions etc individually, to try and ensure I'm making the right call on my type and for some reason I often have a strong relation to Ni - hence my confusion. Although when looking at the grand scheme of things, Ti Ne does fit quite well. (and INTP is remarkable in describing my life).

Many thanks for the reply. Also curious if anyone has any reading on the theoretical application of this knowledge to everyday life? Anything from basic understanding of Jung's/MB work, accuracy in typing people, development of strong/weak functions etc etc etc. I'm in the short term mode of trying to absorb as much information as possible, and feel like I'm running out of readily obvious material online.

Many thanks again!

http://personalityjunkie.com/the-intp/

Top Bottom