• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Study Tracking Thread

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 1:52 PM
-->
Exams are rolling round, and I have a lot of study to do. Something I have always found is that if you concretely state your goals publicly, it is more difficult to rationalise moving the goal posts. This thread was created with precisely this purpose.

State how long you have, how much you have to do, and any caveats that are justifiable shortcuts ahead of time. Give a rough schedule of what you want done by what point. Update nightly/bi-nightly. Give feedback where warranted, but thread derailers will be prosecuted.

We will fight this P together!

Local time
Today 5:22 AM
-->
Alright...
I need to sell a stamp collection, list a pro-style keyboard (music) on Ebay, and list a record collection and an audio system on Craigslist by Monday.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
- I have a developmental psychology exam with up to nine free days between now and then.
- I have a Statistics exam with at most 16 days between now and then.
- I have a cognition exam with up to 18 free days between now and then.

I need at least a 75 average, I've had mixed success in each unit, getting >80 for some things, but losing grades due to poorly executed assessment tasks and inadherance to prac submission deadlines. To be safe, I want to get >80 in each of my exams. This will require a lot of dedicated study, and good time management, as I have missed a lot of classes and have a poor understanding of the subject material.

I have up to 18 free days between now and my final exam. I'll allow for three days in which things come up, or I get nothing done. This leave five days per unit to to cram. My units are not evenly spaced, which means I will need to study for exams that are not the most immediate at some point.

To be certain of obtaining >80 in developmental psychology, I will need to read a 500 word text book, listen to a number of lectures (I'll figure out the exact number soon, as some aren't relevant to the exams), and go through a large number of practice questions.

Of the five days I have allocated to this exam, I will use the first three to read the textbook (165 pages per day), and try to go through at least two hours of lectures for each of those days. For the final two days, I'll finish off the lectures, and focus on making sure I can answer all the practice questions. I'll likely stagger the fifth day so that it occurs amidst study for another subject, so I have a good idea of how much information has been successfully encoded into LTM, and can have an informed meta-cognitive expectation for the exam.

Reasonable excuses for not meeting targets include scheduled study material not being relevant to the exam, or me knowing the material so well I can answer end-of-chapter quizzes with 95% accuracy without referring to the text.

I'll work out my schedule for study in my other subjects when they are more immediate. I've included the rest of today as a study day, so I better get started on this textbook :kodama1:

[mention]TheHabitatDoctor[/mention] ...nice for some.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
I spent some time siphoning down the page I need to read and got the total down to 330 pages, of which I've read 120. I've also decided to keep up with my readings in lectures, and adjusted my targets to have lectures and readings done within four days, leaving the final day to address questions.

I am currently behind schedule, but have had significant interruptions due to events outside of my control. The next three days should be less eventful, so hopefully I'll have time to catch up.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 2:22 PM
-->
I have 9 days until my only exam. I have not attended a single lecture, and I'm currently too busy with far more important project based classes. I will have 1 day in which to learn the content for the entire unit. I'll keep you posted :)

Local time
-->
I should probably update and say that I got all that stuff done except for selling the stamp collection, but only because the guy super low-balled me ($50 for $4000 in collector value as opposed to the ~$400-$600 I was expecting).

Kymera

Redshirt
Local time
Today 12:22 PM
-->
Alright, let's see here *breaks out mental to-do list*

Most immediately, I have the first half of my Chinese speaking test, which consists of and essay of no less than 500 characters which will be presented aloud on the 21st. I have this coming Monday-Thursday off, so I will finish then, and revise as needed afterwards.

After this Thursday-Friday, my classes will end and we will be given the remaining time to review for our tests, which begin the 25th. At that point, I will review each courses work for the semester, beginning with Speaking, followed by Reading and Writing, and finally Listening in order of test dates (these are all Chinese courses).

During the remaining time during my Monday-Thursday break, I will renew my residency permit, ideally for a 3-4 year span rather than 1 year so as to avoid annual visits to the police station. Also, I shall go and pick up the gifts I had a friend make, which will be given to my family once I return home. I'll also need to print my airplane tickets and organize my remaining things to be stored on campus until my return (dorms are being renovated during the summer). I should see what to do about getting a single room next year...

Hmm, at least this is more coherent than my scattered thoughts up until this point, but it feels like there's always too many things going on at semester's end and too little time. :storks:

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I guess I'll try.

Until monday morning to study :
-experiments leading to QM / duality of light and matter
-postulates of QM
-solving dynamic schrödinger equation for simple potentials & some random proofs and side thoughts
-solving dynamic schrödinger equation for hydrogen and single electron systems.
-study symmetry groups, study the prevalant ones for molecules by heart.

Ink

Local time
Today 6:22 AM
-->
I need to study for my drivers license and pass the test before the summer is over...

Top Bottom