• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Star Trek Picard

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:03 PM
-->
is it good

i dont have netflix here so i cant watch it here, only cutaway from youtube

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
Today 9:03 AM
-->
I enjoy it enough to keep watching it. A few non-spoilery complaints though.

There’s one episode so far that was 75% a “wtf is this”. Other 25% was solid.

It’s also a little bit difficult to care about anyone not in Picard’s immediate circle.

There’s a character that would have been better if it didn’t exist, and they just went with a mcguffin.

It is NOT similar to the Star Trek we knew from TNG/Voyager. Closer to the DS9 interpretation, definitely a postwar Star Trek universe. Your mileage may vary with this.

Daddy

Making the Frogs Gay
Local time
-->
I haven't seen all the episodes, but so far I find it interesting. Picard is basically striped of his rank and authority, so that's kind of fun to watch, since he's not ostentatiously in charge. It seems a little slow though to get the story going and I'm kind of hoping they end up with some new interesting characters like Data.

Elen

Cold and damp
Local time
Today 6:03 AM
-->
I like that they manage to highlight Picard's massive ego being punctured and his elderly frailness while still making him be unfailingly interesting and engaging. I find myself feeling he absolutely deserves his situation because it is due to his hubris yet I'm still rooting for him to fix it and still come out in top.

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
what is data's role in series, has data surpass the borg

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
it seems the borg cube have ties with the romulans or are created by them.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
The romulans have their own goals but essentially contribute to the borg reclamation project occurring on the cube where the XB's (ex-Borg) are having all their prostheses removed and undergo psyche work and are restored at least as much as possible to what they were before being assimilated.

Data isn't in it. :cat:

Well, kinda, kinda not. more like the 'ghost of Data' looming over everything.

I finally watched ST: Nemesis (the last TNG film before the reboot) and much of Season One, by the time you reach the end, feels like a "proper ending" to the story from that film. Which does involve Data.

So Data is kind of a "theme" in Season One driving a lot of Picard's decisions and the season helps resolve long-standing feelings of guilt he had over what happened in ST: N. It was actually pretty touching.

But dang. Lots of cameos. I think only a handful were helpful. (I thought Episode 7 was pretty on-mark, at least; and I think it makes sense for Jeri Ryan to be around. Plus she's playing the edgy disruptive influence, which the show needs.)

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Jurati gets assimilated, Q comes back to troll Picard. I only have watched partial scenes but not the whole story.

Daddy

Making the Frogs Gay
Local time
-->
I'm liking season two, but I also love the Borg and Q more than anything else in the Star Trek universe.

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
they resurrected data and that is already a fail

Top Bottom