• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

SOS Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruhi

Banned
Local time
Today 9:00 PM
-->
Join me!

Haruhi_obey.jpg

Haruhism_by_snowpuma.jpg

Report strange activities or happenings on the forum in this thread, whether you're a member or not.

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
Today 3:00 PM
-->
Report strange activities or happenings on the forum in this thread, whether you're a member or not.

Does that include this thread and those pictures?

Oh and since I don't feel like saying it in the intoit, welcome to the forum. :D

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 1:00 PM
-->
lmao at the stained glass! I just finished re-watching the anime yesterday :D

welcome.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
You have convinced me, I will join.

Oblivious

Is Kredit to Team!!
Local time
Tomorrow 3:00 AM
-->
Hrm in the anime Kyon has to be coerced and blackmailed before joining.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->
*Fukyo falls to the ground clutching her head and screaming*

It's coming to me....ARGGHH!

A vision....a highly symbolism rich one....(don't worry I can interpret it,don't worry,all that use of hallucinatory drugs didn't induce this one,it's genuine I swear!!!11)

*gasp*

HARUHI IS TEH XIII!

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
You are a very intelligent person.

p.s. Your avatar is also cool.

Do you genuinely think that or do you just say that because I joined? Oh, please don't answer. I like the illusion that someone thinks I'm intelligent.

Last edited:

bdubs

Local time
Today 3:00 PM
-->
What is the name of this anime? I may have to look it up.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
May? No. You must.

I would like to see more discussion in this forum regarding aliens. There is barely any. And that is clearly something that needs to be corrected. Puny humans.

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
I'll join, but I am an individual first and foremost. You may be as headstrong as Haruhi, but I don't 'obey' others, no matter how charismatic, aggressive, or vocal they may be.

I'm still here if you will agree to the terms set forth.

Artifice Orisit

I'll join, but I am an individual first and foremost. You may be as headstrong as Haruhi, but I don't 'obey' others, no matter how charismatic, aggressive, or vocal they may be.
Oh c’mon, humour the narcissist, it's funny.
(this coming from the guy who started "The Empire" thread)

Based upon Haruhi's strict adherence to the character’s persona I have little doubt that this could be XIII or a genuine new member who is extremely shy and/or paranoid. Either way I say let it be, even if this is XIII I would not assume he is incapable of learning from his mistakes or at least adjusting his behaviour sufficiently that banning will not be necessary.

That said, at the first sign of cult leader behaviour I'll be handing out the pitchforks and torches; it's like signing, if you can't do it, don't do it.

Haruhi

Banned
Local time
-->
I'm not 'XIII'. I don't think I'm shy, either.
-----

I do intend to start a small but devoted cult (dealing mainly with magic) around myself when I am in my mid-20s.

I will be successful in this endeavor. I have successfully trialed persuasion tactics designed to elicit extreme reverence and loyalty with individuals, so it will likely be fairly easy for me to learn the skills needed to manage groups.

Additionally, magic is the best focus for my purpose. It's like the ultimate (red/blue? Which one was it?) pill-- the ultimate ''everything you thought you knew is false''. The ultimate disconnect from consensus reality. When the right kind of person is disconnected, it's easy to plug them into whatever kind of reality you want (provided you have the right kind of traits etc.).

SOS Club has nothing to do with any of that, tho. Please don't be discouraged from joining by my evilness. If you join, you might set me right.

Join for humanity.

Join for those poor souls who you could save from my monomaniacal grasp.

Join for the dim, but still burning, flame of empathy and compassion hidden deep within my soul. Join to fan the flames.

If you are concerned for those who I might brainwash, it is your duty to join.

Artifice Orisit

Look, I'm all for the abuse of stupid people but I don't think you've got what it takes.

Haruhi

Banned
Local time
-->
I do. I've already had 3 people (unknown to each other) offer themselves to me to the extent that they could be best described as followers.

People have sincerely told me that I'm their guru, their inspiration, their hope.

I have what it takes.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->
I do intend to start a small but devoted cult (dealing mainly with magic) around myself when I am in my mid-20s.

I will be successful in this endeavor. I have successfully trialed persuasion tactics designed to elicit extreme reverence and loyalty with individuals, so it will likely be fairly easy for me to learn the skills needed to manage groups.

ROFL.

Artifice Orisit

3, oh this is cute.
Your playing ego-prostitute and you think this enables you to control people.

Tell me, what are my insecurities?

Haruhi

Banned
Local time
-->
It will be a small cult, as I said before. Probably the size of a large family, at most. 3 people from a couple of months of experimentation is more than good enough when I have years to work with.

I do not need to understand the type of person who I will not enlist.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->
I do. I've already had 3 people (unknown to each other) offer themselves to me to the extent that they could be best described as followers.

People have sincerely told me that I'm their guru, their inspiration, their hope.

I have what it takes.

I remember someone saying the exact same thing! ;)

*Fukyo giggles*

Cegorach

Local time
-->
Haruhi, I believe what Cog is trying to point out is how obvious your insecurities are. Sure, you can deny them, but they're hidden by nothing more than a thin veil of over-confidence.

You should not waste your time convincing us of your superiority or capabilities if it is the absolute truth.
State it when neccessary and do nothing more than observe opposition with an open mind, possibly commenting where they have made logical fallacies.
Explain nothing more than is absolutely required.

The ultimate goal is functionality, what you seek is exaltment, something that can only be obtained through respect. Respect is aquired through application of functionality.

How can you take command when you rely on others to fuel your insecurities with compliments and approval?
You are merely bound to them, another mindless entity in an infinite system.

If you cannot shed yourself of these desires you become an equal in your followers minds. This has it's advantages.
I just don't see you as seeking equality.

Just my opinion.

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
You seem to be directing a lot of attention to the Fatima thread. Why?

Haruhi

Banned
Local time
-->
You seem to be directing a lot of attention to the Fatima thread. Why?

It's the type of thing I'm really interested in discussing, and why I joined this forum. Also, the SOS Club is all about the investigation of such events, so it is my duty as chief.

Haruhi, I believe what Cog is trying to point out is how obvious your insecurities are. Sure, you can deny them, but they're hidden by nothing more than a thin veil of over-confidence.

Insecurities can be great motivators. I'm not really trying to hide them here, because I'm not trying to achieve much in particular. Also, I'm having a little fun.

You should not waste your time convincing us of your superiority or capabilities if it is the absolute truth.
State it when neccessary and do nothing more than observe opposition with an open mind, possibly commenting where they have made logical fallacies.
Explain nothing more than is absolutely required.

Why? For what purpose? I would perhaps agree with you in some situations, but why this one?

The ultimate goal is functionality, what you seek is exaltment, something that can only be obtained through respect. Respect is aquired through application of functionality.

It's not my ultimate goal, and 'exaltment' isn't I seek here. The SOS Club is about the investigation of paranormal phenomena. I have no reason to adjust my actions in a way that will gain others' approval here, because I'm not trying to recruit any of you to my real cult. I still need to do more planning and self-development before I start that.

How can you take command when you rely on others to fuel your insecurities with compliments and approval?
You are merely bound to them, another mindless entity in an infinite system.

I don't think I am. I've been more open here than normal, so you're getting a different impression that somebody offline would. IRL, I'm basically neutral to compliments and criticism. I'm more a force of nature than an egotistical human being.

If you cannot shed yourself of these desires you become an equal in your followers minds. This has it's advantages.
I just don't see you as seeking equality.

I'm not, and I don't want to become equal.

Cegorach

Local time
-->
Haruhi said:
Insecurities can be great motivators. I'm not really trying to hide them here, because I'm not trying to achieve much in particular. Also, I'm having a little fun.
We all have them, some more than others. They force us to refine our behavior and further our path to conceptual perfection.
The best are capable of displacing their pride, showing nothing but what needs to be shown, weakness is to be purged from your extraneous composure.

Existence does not slow down because you choose to, therefore it is wise to seek refuge where you will find nothing but acceptance and support.

Even the greatest require allies.

Why? For what purpose? I would perhaps agree with you in some situations, but why this one?
I have no objection if you do not see the need.

It's not my ultimate goal, and 'exaltment' isn't what I seek here. The SOS Club is about the investigation of paranormal phenomena. I have no reason to adjust my actions in a way that will gain others' approval here, because I'm not trying to recruit any of you to my real cult. I still need to do more planning and self-development before I start that.
This is good, exaltment is a paradoxical conclusion anyway.
Eventually all of us will realize that we are slaves to our ambition and furthermore to the underlying system that perforates amongst all things animate or not.
Functionality is what you require, whether in yourself, your followers, your friends, or your ideas.

Do as you please, objectively my opinions are statistically equivalent to nothing.

In our search for 'the answer', humanity has succeeded only in finding where it isn't.

I don't think I am. I've been more open here than normal, so you're getting a different impression that somebody offline would. IRL, I'm basically neutral to compliments and criticism. I'm more a force of nature than an egotistical human being.
Perhaps you are correct, but I do find it challenging to accept that an individual can claim to be a force of nature whilst not being egotistical unless they also intend to argue that all of mankind is along with them.
However, I did not intend to judge you; it is merely inevitable.

...and you are not. Unless you are the worst you are above another.

Artifice Orisit

I do not need to understand the type of person who I will not enlist.
Indulge me, please.
I want to know exactly how good you are... don't you want me to know? I wonder why.

merzbau

Local time
Tomorrow 5:00 AM
-->
1. do a google search for "manson family", "jonestown" and "branch davidian"
2. ???
3. profit.

Oblivious

Is Kredit to Team!!
Local time
-->
I found you guys an old photograph of the 3 in question

Haruhism_by_snowpuma-1.jpg

I laughed out loud really hard. I think people downstairs heard me.

This is gold right there. If you have a cult, you have my obedient membership.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
effyeah.jpg

Oblivious

Is Kredit to Team!!
Local time
-->
Perhaps you are correct, but I do find it challenging to accept that an individual can claim to be a force of nature whilst not being egotistical unless they also intend to argue that all of mankind is along with them.
However, I did not intend to judge you; it is merely inevitable.

You are as much a force in nature as my overlord. The manner of speech was not intended in an egotistical fashion, that is what you assumed with no logical basis.

I tire of all these vapid and baseless accusations and suspicions. Without any hard evidence you people are simply projecting your brand of mass hysteria upon innocents. My overlord has been shown to provide subjects of interest to this forum, an achievement I have yet to see you attempt.

However, please make no mistake, it is not my intention to judge you; it is merely inevitable.

Only those prepared to be shot are worthy of firing the round.

Haruhi

Banned
Local time
-->
Hail to Oblivious, newest member of the SOS Club and all-round sexy beast.

Myself, Oblivious, Anthile, Crimson_Knight, still working on saffyangelis (I'll pm her)...

Our plans our coming to fruition, brothers and sisters!

429px-Haruhi_official_916x1280.jpg

There goes the conversation, goodbye *waves at nothing*

suzumiya09.jpg

Artifice Orisit

Myself, Oblivious, Anthile, Crimson_Knight, still working on saffyangelis (I'll pm her)...
Our plans our coming to fruition, brothers and sisters!
I'm truly shocked by this, how dare they.
Setting you up for some major mind screw and not letting me in on it.
Shame on you all.

btw can you tell me the name of the character you're identifying me with?

Haruhi

Banned
Local time
-->
I'm truly shocked by this, how dare they.
Setting you up for some major mind screw and not letting me in on it.
Shame on you all.

btw can you tell me the name of the character you're identifying me with?

Shut up Mikuru, you're like the nerd who tries to laugh at cool kids but would abandon his nerd-friends in an instant if they let him join in with them. Take your feigned superiority elsewhere. We'll never let you sit at our lunch table.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
Today 8:00 PM
-->
It's the type of thing I'm really interested in discussing, and why I joined this forum. Also, the SOS Club is all about the investigation of such events, so it is my duty as chief.

It's not my ultimate goal, and 'exaltment' isn't I seek here. The SOS Club is about the investigation of paranormal phenomena. I have no reason to adjust my actions in a way that will gain others' approval here, because I'm not trying to recruit any of you to my real cult. I still need to do more planning and self-development before I start that.

What has any of that got to do with INTP?

Recruit away for your 'club' if you want. You've been reading long enough now to pretty much know how to hook everyone in.

Haruhi

Banned
Local time
-->
Huh? That was a very strange reply. Are you sure you're a human?

I was replying to AllKnowingCow's comments, miss.

ANNOUNCING A NEW MEMBER: cheese.

Everybody please get to recruiting saffyangelis. She's expressed interest, but hasn't followed through. This is an unacceptable situation.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yay! <3

When does the boiling start? :D

Fedayeen

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:00 PM
-->
Haruhi, Are you str1k3r?

Haruhi

Banned
Local time
-->
A thread about cult creation techniques:
http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=3377

This is highly relevant to all SOS Club members, as we will shortly be infiltrating a number of occult groups with the aim of obtaining information about time-travelers, espers, and aliens. It is important that you can recognise the cult leaders' tactics, so that you can act as if they are working while remaining internally immune.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
It is important that you can recognise the cult leaders' tactics, so that you can act as if they are working while remaining internally immune.

MIINNNDCRUUSSSSHH.

Cegorach

Local time
-->
Tell me Haruhi, have we all been assigned fictional characters as metaphorical representations of our percieved personas?

(By the way Cog, LOVE the dress.;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom