• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

SOS Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruhi

Banned
Local time
Today 5:43 AM
-->
I am currently performing investigations into user 'FacetiousPersona' because of evidence collected from its ''Which MBTI Type Am I?'' thread:

I'm creating threads which are portals to this forum. Essentially, I am communicating with the reality that is this forum from the other side of these portals. The portals are a medium which allow me to communicate with sufficient detachment to avert breaching any conditions of my leave.

It is nice to be physically absent, yet heard. You should think of me as a ghost which previously walked this Earth as a human, but no longer has a valid corporeal form whilst interacting with the environment.

The absence of these reality characteristics leads to the question: "Am I included? Am I truly here? I am interacting and affecting the environment, thus must I be here? Can we classify my participation and define a level of it? Can my existence be neglected when at the bottom of a spectrum?"

It seems that said user has access to advance extraterrestrial technology.

I have initiated a number of very subtle strategies designed to provoke this entity into revealing itself or its alien contacts, such as creating mimics of said thread in an attempt to confuse it.

I encourage all SOS Club members to post mimics of posts from the old thread in the new one, to disguise it better. If we are successful, FacetiousPersona will think that it is me; I will consequently be able to coax information out of it.

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
Today 4:43 AM
-->
And on that day a seagull will swoop down and take me to the Beast of Gőrn...

*this post can be deleted. :p

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
Goodbye Haruhi. It looks like Tekton will inherit your place as chief investigator of aliens and the other phenomena. :)

Weliddryn

Far too curious...
Local time
Today 12:43 AM
-->
Can this be re-opened?

Lyra

Genesis Engineering Speciation
Local time
-->
Indeed, it shall.

With me at its head, of course.

Lyra

Local time
-->
Essential reading for all members (who certainly include me, Cheese, Kuu, and Weliddryn):

http://intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=6506&highlight=apocalypse

An Apocalypse (Greek: Ἀποκάλυψις Apokálypsis; lifting of the veil or revelation) is a disclosure of something hidden from the majority of mankind in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception, i.e. the veil to be lifted.

I have superseded the entirety of Chaos Magic. I have discovered a secret key which renders that whole tradition obsolete. Two words open the gate to heaven:

HARUHI SUZUMIYA

[bimgx=500]http://www.deviantart.com/download/94043834/Haruhism_by_snowpuma.jpg[/bimgx]

This isn’t easily digestible grass for the cow-like eyes of the modern internet grazer. This is a divine spark which must be kindled within one’s being, delicately, solicitously, and passionately. This is a mystery whose anfractuosity is equaled only by the profundity of the nourishment it offers those who enter into it, its light illuminating at every turn taken in its star-spangled and wondrous maze.

One aspect of its manifold revelation, offered as an example only: all gender-centric social analysis is now superfluous. Behold:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/SuzumiyaHaruhiNoSeitenkan
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=63152
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=64368

No Qaballa can equal this.

The infinite wisdom that this nexion bestows upon those whom ask of it (to he who wills, to him that asks) is the cessation of fruitless suffering and the elixir of immortality. It is a worldly gateway to fiery heaven. Trace its fractal growth through the soil of the Plane of Immanence, attain to perpetual gnosis by reflecting upon and reflecting the cosmic law epitomised in its nondual presencing, and by its grace experience embodied apotheosis.

[bimgx=500]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc159/daimonion_october/19_The_Sun-1.jpg?t=1267726697[/bimgx]​

This picture is an illustration of the fractal evolution of reality, and the inter-reflection of the Macrocosmic and Microcosmic. In the cell, so as in the fiery heavens; hadit and Nuith in union. The spider's web is woven through the vast cosmos, and the structure of immortality can be inferred from the tears of a wildcat.

In this picture, observe: just within the outer edge, the outline of a plant cell can be made out.

[bimgx=100]http://www.infovisual.info/01/img_en/001%20Plant%20cell.jpg[/bimgx]

Encircling the border of this cell-- a microcosmic phenomenon-- are the signs of the Zodiac, which doth verily signify the vast movements of the heavens above. Thereby it is revealed that the principles and elements of the one are embodied in the other, and that the grand is interconnected with the oscillations of the miniature.

Also, in the middle, by a slight but forgivable violation of biological spatial norms, is one depiction whose indexicality is threefold: it simultaneously signifies the Sun, a rose unfolded, and the nucleus of the plant cell. Thus the cell is mirrored in the springtime rose, and the springtime rose in the center around which the heavens revolve.

Dancing forth down the hill are the male and the female child, in divine interplay. They are both presenced in the pansexual away-and-return that is reality.

The rays of the sun extend out beyond the walls of the cell, into infinitely unfolding fractal evolution towards complexity. It is for the escape of the monad from its origin, that it might exult in its own manifold possibility and later in its gnostic reunion with itself.

When I have finished eating my breakfast cereal, the remaining secrets of this mystery shall be revealed.

Lyra

Local time
-->
Anthile will also be re-joining the club.

Lyra

Local time
-->
Oblivious seems to have been absent for some time, but will be forever honoured for his role in our first incarnation.

I will assault and stalk both Kuu and OreSama until they agree to be full members.

I also hope that alkeides, a new member of great magical talent, will agree to join.

All other applications or expressions of interest should be posted in this thread, or PMd to Welidddryn (deputy chief) or myself.

EDIT: Kuu stalking not needed. He is a full member already.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
19_The_Sun-1.jpg

That's obviously two body orifices of a female from behind. And then the 'hill'...

Lyra

Local time
-->
Don't ruin my blinds, Anthile ;'-(. They're the whole point (as could be inferred from "When I have finished eating my breakfast cereal, the remaining secrets of this mystery shall be revealed.")

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
Does that mean the 'new' club is all about sex? That's kind of okay. I never quited so I guess I'm still a member.

Lyra

Local time
-->
The new club is dedicated to the discovery of aliens, time-travelers, and ESPers, of course. And of course you're still a member! This isn't some frivolous pass-time that can be taken up and dropped at your mortal whim!

Lyra

Local time
-->
Brilliant, Kyon! I was going to ask, but you preempted me. Weliddryn, my darling, would you mind becoming Mikuru?

Cheese is definitely Itsuki Koizumi.

Weliddryn

Far too curious...
Local time
-->

Deleted member 1424

I'd love to join Chief!
If only for entirely superficial reasons.

However if you'd kindly make a few revisions to reality you would have my utmost allegiance for the rest of time.

First I humbly request you remove every trace of Stephanie Meyers from existence. I'm also not a god-like alien super-intelligence and I'd like to be in-character; would you rectify this? I'm sure it'd be a cinch for you. ;)

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 3:43 PM
-->

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Yesterday 10:43 PM
-->
Cheese is definitely Tsuruya. I always imagine cheese with a cute little fang anyway. I think it's because of that damned dinosaur avatar...

I just noticed that this thread is almos precisely one year old. Timing is everything...

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 3:43 PM
-->
I always imagine cheese with a cute little fang anyway.

"I always imagine cheese"

"cute"

"fang"

:eek:

:) --- I may need to make this my signature.

*edit
"Tsuruya is the star of the official gag manga, Nyorōn Churuya-san, featuring a super deformed Tsuruya with a smoked cheese obsession"

Hide-and-seek just isn't fair when you've got surveillance cameras installed.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
*wanders in*

The admins told me to tell you that you're not funny, or in the least bit entertaining.

They also want to issue a warning against your foolhardy activities, and suggest that you find a new hobby!:D

(If there is a cute psychopath in this delinquent little anime then I willl surely join! But not before!)

Lyra

Local time
-->
*wanders in*

The admins told me to tell you that you're not funny, or in the least bit entertaining.

They also want to issue a warning against your foolhardy activities, and suggest that you find a new hobby!:D

(If there is a cute psychopath in this delinquent little anime then I willl surely join! But not before!)

Tell the club-admin to say it himself. A warning against foolhardiness from a fool surpassing all former foolishness weighs little upon my mind.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 5:43 PM
-->
...f-*extended "f" noise*-uck.

Nyx beat me to the punch.

Oh well, dibs on Ryoko Asakura :twisteddevil:

Lyra

Local time
-->
...f-*extended "f" noise*-uck.

Nyx beat me to the punch.

Oh well, dibs on Ryoko Asakura :twisteddevil:

What are you doing here? Stop fucking with my me.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Puuurrfect.

Consider me a devil's advocate.
Nothing’s worth anything if it goes unopposed.

Lyra

Local time
-->
Don't pm me again (or contact me again, in any way). You're the worst kind of parasite-- one which would try to make its actions seem good.

Unsolicited advice is usually a colonisation attempt.

YouTube- Ryoko Asakura vs Yuki Nagato

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Nothing’s worth anything if it goes unopposed.
What exactly is my goal here?

Heh, colonisation, ironic to hear that from someone with the title of "Brigade Chief", and a self proclaimed leader no less. Well Lyra I'm playing your game, just not as you intended it to be played, y'see I have considered the possibility of following you, but I'm no blind follower, if you want to be my "Chief" then by all means demonstrate why I should follow you, tame me.

Lyra

Local time
-->
In short: to masturbate parasitically.

[breaks character]

You don't know what my game is. The doctrine thread is parody (which you failed to get, probably because deliberately overblown pomposity was an aspect of that parody), and this thread is just play. The idea that I actually want 'followers' and 'dominance' through something meant for fun, like this, is pretty absurd.

[Haruhi again].

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
...very well.

[enter's character]
Mmm-heh, in many ways that was redundant, either way I'm prompting an unanticipated response from you, either way I don't much care what the result is, I just want there to be one.

*materialises a knife*

Entertainment, masturbation, even life itself is but the pursuit of gratification, like puppets we dance to the whims of our desires, and although you may object to my chosen actions you cannot deny that to scold me for seeking what I desire is the height of hypocrisy.

*lunges at kuu, if only because he's there*

Lyra

Local time
-->
You know, one of the best ways to harm a person is to advise them in any way that isn't safe and unambiguous. It's an effective means of constructing a good/bad duality, and thus directing a person. It's also an effective means of crippling what was previously spontaneous and natural. In fact, short of ED-style shaming, I'd say that advice is the most deadly weapon that can be wielded against another online.

Most people aren't nearly wary enough of it.

There is one test that can eliminate, without consideration, 9/10 of those who give it. Watch their lives, and what they embody. That is the context from which their 'advice' arises. Usually, as in your case (you barely have a will to live, and you are so downtrodden in life that you long to transcend it and so escape your putrid hell-- you're no different than any other moderately intelligent slave to ressentiment), it's enough to reveal the true, unclean nature of what's being said.

You might want a battle, Ryoko Asakuru, but OreSama's already defeated to the core. He lives on arbitrarily*, and would try to impose his putrid pain-hating exigency upon those who love and immerse themselves in life. Your host is corrupted. You are already defeated.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
*beams*

I do enjoy seeing Lyra squirm.

You could almost taste the discomfort in her text.

Mhmm..

*Licks his monitor*

Oh yeah...like popping candy.

:D

So Cog, are you telling me you can fuck with Lyra, but you have, as of yet, failed to fuck with me?

Am I unbreakable, or have I been so thoroughly defiled (mentally and otherwise) that you are worried I might be infectious?

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
*mulls*

*flicks the knife at Melkor, a warm gesture of appreciation in our language*

You might want a battle, Ryoko Asakuru, but OreSama's already defeated to the core. He lives on arbitrarily*, and would try to impose his putrid pain-hating exigency upon those who love and immerse themselves in life. Your host is corrupted. You are already defeated.
It is better not to hate pain? But is it not pain that motivates us, granted there is no purpose to hating pain, but there's no purpose lying on a grassy knoll and watching the clouds passing by either, in this way hating pain is not the denial of life, it's the zest of it, the sour in sweet & sour sauce.

Only the dead exist without unhappiness or pain.

you barely have a will to live
The irony being that it makes me incredibly hard to kill.

you're no different than any other moderately intelligent slave to ressentiment
...I can't figure out how that wouldn't be applicable unless I was a apathetic fatalist.

Lyra

Local time
-->
You're flailing.

It is better not to hate pain? But is it not pain that motivates us, granted there is no purpose to hating pain, but there's no purpose lying on a grassy knoll and watching the clouds passing by either, in this way hating pain is not the denial of life, it's the zest of it, the sour in sweet & sour sauce.

Only the dead exist without unhappiness or pain.
Pain is part of life, yes. And I don't deny it, either. You though, like all life-haters, are so morbidly averse to the pain of your day to day existence that you flee to your Transcendental (Transhumanist) fantasies, which are no different in essence that the gnostic fantasies of the Cathars before you, or the void-chasing fantasies of many Buddhists before them. Or, for that matter, the anti-materialistic fantasies of would-be 'spiritual' types from the time of the Old Testament to now.

There is a theme common to all: they are the fantasies of the downtrodden. The ugly, the ungifted, and the slaves (or wage slaves). All those who have a motive to escape life, and an ability to articulate their exigency as a coherent worldview. That's what Transhumanism (in the form in which you wish for it) is, after all: a conceptual revenge against one's current circumstances.

That's why I don't need to fight you, Asakura-san: your worldview is a scream of pain. You are in your own personal hell, and nothing I can say or do would equal the defeat-by-life which permeates your every thought and word regardless.

From the thread you linked me to:
Silently I scream "kill me or release me" but nobody has the guts or the gall, so I linger on, obsessively developing my understanding, shaping it into a blade-like tool for a yet unknown purpose... perhaps I'll escape my human pains through technological ascension, perhaps I'll learn to live a healthier/happier life, perhaps I'll find respite in drugs or delusion, perhaps I'll just die.
All are acceptable scenarios.
These are the words are the essence of decadence. You don't know the beauty of loving and being uplifted by life so much that this kind of expression reeks of sickness-made-intellect, nor the joy which is life as play. You are the downtrodden, the defeated-- and you express your sorry lot in life by rejecting life itself, and dreaming about escaping from it into a heavenly transhuman world.

Now, I wouldn't normally point any of this out, but, given your recent actions: reading that thread made me laugh so hard. I'd normally feel some compassion for you, but that you, who are living the life you're living, would try to didactically advise me in the way you did snuffed that out. Perhaps some people see what I write as foolish, or laugh at it, or misunderstand it, or aren't interested in it; I take that and the immersed play that is my life over your alternative. Without hesitation. And if you try to infect me with your sickness-- your weak, cowardly, and overly pain-averse experience of life-- I must stamp out the infection like the writhing, sullied parasite that it is. Lest I be sullied by a hint of the ugliness that you wallow in every day.

It's a matter of cleanliness.

It's time to be deleted now, Asakura-san. It's written into the script.

Haruhi.

Deleted member 1424

If all of life is play (or as you once said if 'all exalts you') then why are you completely governed by your fears? Your aggressive reactions only serve to betray your insecurities.

If you were wise, you'd realize that quality/shoddy advice can come from anyone, regardless of where they fall on your utterly arbitrary scale of human worth or 'cleanliness.' It is the height of idiocy to judge a character that you do not fundamentally understand. Discern the utility of advice on it's own merits, not on superficial and likely distorted perceptions. However I'd wager that for you, it doesn't matter if advice is insightful or not; only that it supports your delusions of grandeur.

Really though Lyra, why are you so afraid of advice and opinion that contradicts your world view? Are you really so impressionable that you're completely at the mercy at whoever deigns to speak with you? How fragile you are then; just a handful of words could push you over the edge or 'infect' you. Small wonder you're so defensive.

....Although I suppose you could also just be yet another person who is afraid of being wrong. While that would make you incredibly resilient, it also makes you stupid. I wonder which it is.

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
I once walked home surounded by a circle of light. I even filmed it on my crappy camera phone because I couldn't work out what it was. The quality of it isn't brilliant though.

YouTube- light_MOV00014.mp4

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
It's written into the script.
Mmm-hmm, I can see that.

This is symbolic of the problem, your "games" are scripted, the outcome decided by the rules, I advised you to take a figurative step back and let people connect with you on equal terms, but you'll hear none of it, seemingly convinced that I'm trying to betray you.

Sadly there’s nothing I can do to prove to you that I’m not.
Or perhaps...

To the members of this community, you know me, undoubtedly antagonism is in my nature, but would you say betrayal is too?

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
I think I was replaced somewhere as the deputy chief. How depressing: I didn't know this was still open.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I once walked home surounded by a circle of light. I even filmed it on my crappy camera phone because I couldn't work out what it was.
Were you wearing glasses?

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
Were you wearing glasses?

Nope. I didn't even wear a hat or jewellery. I even took my sachel off thinking it may have been a buckle reflection but it still remained.

It happened to nobody else on the road either. They just stared at it in puzzlement.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
...aircraft?

A high intensity helicopter spotlight could have this effect, the sort the police use, you wouldn't see the beam of light leading back to it in the daytime, but the extra illumination would be visible on any reflecting surface.

*watches the video again*

No, it follows you too closely, like a halo... perhaps it's your hair.

Lyra

Local time
-->
If all of life is play (or as you once said if 'all exalts you') then why are you completely governed by your fears? Your aggressive reactions only serve to betray your insecurities.

If you were wise, you'd realize that quality/shoddy advice can come from anyone, regardless of where they fall on your utterly arbitrary scale of human worth or 'cleanliness.' It is the height of idiocy to judge a character that you do not fundamentally understand. Discern the utility of advice on it's own merits, not on superficial and likely distorted perceptions. However I'd wager that for you, it doesn't matter if advice is insightful or not; only that it supports your delusions of grandeur.

Really though Lyra, why are you so afraid of advice and opinion that contradicts your world view? Are you really so impressionable that you're completely at the mercy at whoever deigns to speak with you? How fragile you are then; just a handful of words could push you over the edge or 'infect' you. Small wonder you're so defensive.

....Although I suppose you could also just be yet another person who is afraid of being wrong. While that would make you incredibly resilient, it also makes you stupid. I wonder which it is.

You're not aware of the context behind this, and I [thus] question your ability to accurately assess the progression of events. Cog said something quite personal and intimate-- yet not 'positive'-- by PM and I was, although wary, prepared to listen. I'd already communicated my previous experience of predatory advice to him by PM, so his posting here did, indeed, make me 'defensive'. I doubt that he took my words seriously, given our prior communication, and they weren't meant seriously-- just as dynamic alterations to the structure of the moment.

It was a sensitive moment, and my post-- which I tried to fit into the Haruhi script, to some extent, and tried to make overblown so that heavyfoots wouldn't come trampling in with their moralistic earnestness-- was a means of signaling that the potential openness I had formerly expressed to him, and his 'advice', had ended. Unequivocally.

I used to take advice quite readily, but experience of it being used maliciously, and seeing it used more maliciously against others, has made me wary. Delusions of grandeur have nothing to do with that-- it's a result of months of pain. I wouldn't have put it so strongly, but this applies in reverse: 'It is the height of idiocy to judge a character that you do not fundamentally understand'.

(I think that's quite a naive thing to say, given that we all act upon such judgments all the time... but... )

I disagree with your assessment of my character.

Deleted member 1424

A bit of friendly advice my dear chief. ;)
If you decide to have another self righteous tantrum, try to do so with a little grace and maturity next time.

edit: Oh? You no longer take issue with my sense of aesthetics?

Lyra

Local time
-->
You have been expelled for the expression of heretical doctrines. Kuu is currently drafting plans for an Auto de fe during which you will be formally tried for your apostasy.

Deleted member 1424

I shall burn spectacularly I think.

witch_burning_by_ScreamingDemons.jpg

A curse falling from my lips in those final decadent moments......

Twill be so dramatic! I can hardly wait! :D

bluesquid

Local time
-->
Lyra be nice, even if you couch your insults in fantasy.

I admire your total detachment. I still believe I will find a few i can clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom