• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

some opinion

cosmicflow

Intp female
Local time
Today 4:01 AM
-->
so am studying physics now , next year is my third year of university ,so my probleme is that i lost interest and injoyement in science, i just feel so borred and empty

i really liked theoritical physics astrophysics but now i dont like anything , i even thought about changing the hol fucking field of study but when i ask myself what i would like to do with my life? what i want to do ? :confused: i found nothing .

it s been a year and i half of thinking and analyzing shit am i depressed? borderline ? or what the fuck is wrong with me :kodama1:
i did a lot of reserches about psychology i read some books about that but it get me nowhere

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I can think of 3 options:

1) Be a full-fleged Millennial and just work on a bunch of different bachelor degrees (preferably in useless fields like sociology) until you're 30 years old and worked up a student loan of around $100k
2) Move into your parents' house and play video games until you become so socially maladapted that you can get disability support from the government
3) Take a short-route to 2) by going to therapy and get some cool diagnosis from the DSM which allows you to get prescription drugs.

As you can see, there are a lot of cool ways one can avoid being bored with pursuits that require commitment and focus.

cosmicflow

Intp female
Local time
-->
well sociology is not useless u can manipulate the hol world with it (propaganda) we "are " all manipulated we like it or not
hah for drugs i never used them but am very curious about them :D

by the way thanks that was verry useful

cosmicflow

Intp female
Local time
-->
come on guys some ideas am about to loose my shit

Nebulous

Local time
Yesterday 11:01 PM
-->
Self diagnosing can give you an idea of what might be going on but really it's not the best rabbit hole to fall into.
If you are concerned and often bothered by emotional/ psychological things, I recommend to:
1- take care of yourself physically, this can make such a big difference. Make sure you're drinking enough water, eating a healthy amount of food, exercising in some way, and sticking to a healthy sleep schedule as well as you can manage! Keep these up.
2- if you've done these for a while and still aren't satisfied enough, go check out a therapist. I wouldn't recommend seeing a psychiatrist because they often will try to sell u drugs instead of just trying to talk things out, which can be annoying as hell, and because they tend to rush through the talking part don't be surprised if they slap a medical label on you that you don't even have.
But having a psychologist to talk to can be really nice, give you a sense of support and steadiness that helps you so much. You'll feel less lost, aimless, etc.

Are you into any spiritual or religious things? Those can help too if you find which suit you. Help you find your mission in life, help you relax and be faithful, etc, lots of good spiritual and emotional benefits.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Yesterday 10:01 PM
-->
Stick with it. You have to remind yourself why you are at the University to begin with. Rediscover your dreams.

[Edit] And not this advice is not at ally "easy". I suggest you start studying things that interest you. If you rediscover your passion for mathematics, then great, otherwise, you might want to think about changing your major.

Nebulous

Local time
Yesterday 11:01 PM
-->
Stick with it. You have to remind yourself why you are at the University to begin with. Rediscover your dreams.

^ sometimes it's cool to write down lists of goals you have
Like "dear future me, it's July 2017, and these are things I actually want to do in my lifetime/this year/ by the time I'm x years old." And list stuff that's IMPORTANT to you. There's a project you feel you need to complete or your life won't be fulfilled? Write it. Do it.

When you have concrete, internally-motivated goals, you have tapped into your superhero potential, because we're problem solvers, and we love a challenge. Figure stuff out as you go. Learn and do what you need to accomplish your big goals.

tenor.gif

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 5:01 PM
-->
I would get involved in some kind of project related to your studies. Engineers usually have clubs where they build things and such or volunteer to do engineering work. uou could probably do research in physics maybe. Or anything really that you're interested in. You don't have to go to school for a lot of things if you have the drive and interest to teach yourself.

cosmicflow

Intp female
Local time
-->
i think that the hiden cause iis anxiety that leed to a possible depression, and the fact that i keep thinking and overthinking about the future and about every possibility to not succeed and accomplich what i want is what make me overwelmed and so compulsive .
so the fear or failure is the mean probleme

thank u guys that was helpfull

Top Bottom