• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Social Axiety

VCNY01

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 10:54 PM
-->
Sometimes i get social axiety and i wonder if it's because i'm a 17 year old boy or whether it's because i'm an INTP. I understand that *To a degree* it is somewhat common to experience a sort of shyness for most people or in my case social axiety. I notice it most when i'm talking to a girl that I think i have a chace at dating (Keep in mind i rarely date unless i really think somebody is special.) I think the funny part is that I have no problem talking to girls that i have no intrest in, or at least it's much easier to start and maintain a conversation. Second, axiety really kicks in when at family events. It's not that the family is new or I dont like them, because I do, but for some reason I also find it hard to talk to them.

Why WHy Why Why Why Why Why

Am I defective? Do I need to be sent back to the factory?

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 1:54 PM
-->
It's because you are a 17-year old, hormone irregularities suck big time. What are you feeling right now is quite normal. So no, you're not defective.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 4:54 PM
-->
You’re just an awkward kid. Sounds a lot like me at 17.

My advice:
Put yourself in more social situations over the next few years. Get a job where you’re talking to people every day. It’ll eventually work itself out, as long as you’re always making at least incremental improvements. Like anything, social ability is a skill that needs to be practiced regularly.

Lateral

Too busy thinking to make any decisions.
Local time
Today 1:54 AM
-->
Sometimes i get social axiety and i wonder if it's because i'm a 17 year old boy or whether it's because i'm an INTP. I understand that *To a degree* it is somewhat common to experience a sort of shyness for most people or in my case social axiety. I notice it most when i'm talking to a girl that I think i have a chace at dating (Keep in mind i rarely date unless i really think somebody is special.) I think the funny part is that I have no problem talking to girls that i have no intrest in, or at least it's much easier to start and maintain a conversation. Second, axiety really kicks in when at family events. It's not that the family is new or I dont like them, because I do, but for some reason I also find it hard to talk to them.

Why WHy Why Why Why Why Why

Am I defective? Do I need to be sent back to the factory?

Look up CBT for Social Anxiety. You can get a workbook, to guide you through the process. I highly recommend it. It won't cure your social anxiety, because literally everyone has social anxiety. But it will guide you through how to deal with it in a more productive and adjusted way.

It pretty much changed my life when I was your age.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 4:54 PM
-->
Cool. I didn’t expect that to be a thing. It’s good that it exists.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
Today 5:54 AM
-->
Being anxious at 17 talking to a crush is really normal imo

Top Bottom