• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

So I was at a party

Beat Mango

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:07 PM
-->
and it was pretty crap to begin with, I was just standing around with nothing to say and no-one to talk to. I thought here we go again, another social fail. But as I wad standing overtly alone, this dude starts talking to me and we get to a cool intellectual discussion and from there I had a good time. Learning from past mistakes though, I thought I'd play it safe, leaving on a high note and making an early exit. This was after about 2 hours of being there, and not drinking I might add.

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
Today 5:07 AM
-->
So are congratulations in order here? If that's better than your normal experience then that's good. I've had nights like yours started and good god it is awful. It's worse if you drove others (who are off mingling) and you can't leave until they are ready.

JoeJoe

Knifed
Local time
Today 10:07 AM
-->
The real problem is, that you always seem to be the only one with nobody to talk to. If there would be like 5 other people standing there all alone, it wouldn't be much of a problem to go talk with /them/. But because those with nobody to talk to, always stay at home, those who have nobody to talk to but somehow still tangle up on a social event haven't got the chance to find people who are alike...

Adymus

Banned
Local time
Today 2:07 AM
-->
and not drinking I might add.
Well there is your first problem right there. Random people aren't going to become interesting on their own.

I just think it's cool IB that one can have a good time socially without hiding their intpness.
You shouldn't hide it no matter what the situation (unless you are in the middle of an SJ lynch mob.)
Someone WILL find your ideas, at the very least, interesting.

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->
I went with my female friend to meet 3 male, somewhat uptight, nerdy christians. I was drinking at my usual pace, and they were somewhat following my pace, which means while I was drunk they were pretty buzzed. (My female friend says that they hardly ever get drunk- and was happy that they drank and got sillier.)

So pretty much I was a catalyst for alcohol drinking last night. And I'm hungover.

Anyway... enough about me, on to my contribution to the thread:
Intellectuals are people who value ideas more than sex. :D

Congrats banana!

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
Bringing your own form of transportation is a must. I hate being stuck at a party because I rode with my "friends" or they rode with me. I've said screw it and hitchhiked home before.

It's wonderful to find somebody who can hold their own in a conversation.

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
Today 3:07 AM
-->
Well there is your first problem right there. Random people aren't going to become interesting on their own.

Too true. Get a few beers in me, and suddenly I'm willing to talk to the douchiest of douches just for the lolz.

Personally I love to psychoanalyze people at parties, and hold secret social experiments. I'll say and do things that I think will throw people off just to see how they respond, and then laugh at them either way. I'll sometimes regret it the next morning, but ehn... why not? If life is a party, I'm here to crash it.

Reverse Transcriptase

Local time
-->
Too true. Get a few beers in me, and suddenly I'm willing to talk to the douchiest of douches just for the lolz.
I have to ask... how many beers do you drink before visiting the INTPforum? :p

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
-->
Lol to be honest I've only drunk posted on here a handful of times, I'm usually sober as a judge. Although I will admit a lot of my thread creations are done while I'm high.. unfortunately I haven't smoked in months.. so no thread ideas as of late. : /

Reverse Transcriptase

Local time
-->
unfortunately I haven't smoked in months.. so no thread ideas as of late. : /
I know what we're doing when you get to Portland.

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
-->
People smoke in Portland? I Thought that was more of an Iowa thing. :confused:

Now if I just had thousands of dollars and a decent job outlook, I'd be there already. Doesn't it suck when you're living vicariously through your future self? In my head, I'm already there. In my body, I'm stuck in Duluth Minnesota with my endlessly interesting ENTJ Aunt and INTP Uncle, but no friends. It's cool, but I can only spend so much time on the internet in a given day.

Not to mention the fact that I actually like to be at huge house parties where I can walk around as a drunk observer and interact with the weirdest people I can find. I wish I could get paid to just talk to people at parties.. I usually get the strangest confessions due to my ability to ask the right questions. I've always liked the line in a Cartel song that goes: If you're not getting answers, ask better questions. :cool:

Top Bottom