• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

So apparently im not an intp

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 10:03 PM
-->
I tested intj, from an offical test administered by the school. So.. What gives? Im not surprised to say the least, but my rasion detere of intp sort of wisped away.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
Today 1:03 PM
-->
Just be a you. Everyone wins.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
Thanks pmj, appreciate that.

I'm wondering if I can garner any possible anaylsis of my past forum behavior and make sense of them in mbtispeak.

In order words, Im seeking attention. In alternative terms, Im just bored. :p

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
Tomorrow 12:03 AM
-->
Yeah of course just be you.
BUT.... You know I gotta turn this into something more.
You are probably biased towards the INFJ if you recognized any relevance to it before (to some degree)
I finally went through the INFJ many faces thread. The problem is that type only recognizes so many aspects, and there are aspects outside of type which can lead you to portray abilities in other types. This just really F's up everything that is MBTI and partly Jungian stuff. I mean, feel free to contradict me if I'm wrong, I'd rather be right. The Method Actor and Academic both suit me quite well, but they both don't imply INFJ because I can think of a variety of factors that would say otherwise. I'm still working out all the factors that cause whatever but I find our current functions and crap don't justify enough, I use pretty much all the functions depending on circumstance, this is where it gets complicated but yeah.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
man it's amazing u have so many posts, 2387 like wtf?

What lol?

I have practically the same number as you and I've been on the site since 2010.

I don't get it.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
If the tests are bs theres really no basis for the mbti haha.

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
Yeah, I'm not even going to bother with type until I know enough to properly assess myself.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
If the tests are bs theres really no basis for the mbti haha.

What lol?

The basis is in our psychology, how the brain is wired. Our psychology works by having a dominant function, auxiliary etc. as described by function order.

If you think that it's all based in things like tests, and isn't actual reality, then yeah, maybe give up on it. \(o.O)/

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 10:33 PM
-->
@Onestep
I don't think you're INTJ. Your thinking is extremely divergent.

Not that INTJs can't be creative, just that they tend to think in straight, efficient lines. It's very difficult to hold you to a position long enough to hammer out details, as you'll already have linked what you were saying to several other different fields by the time anyone responds. I think of your thought patterns as 'high mobility required'.

The INTJs I know tend to be extremely effective people in basically every sense of the word, but their thinking tends towards rigidity.

I guess I might say you're an acrobat, whereas an INTJ might be likened to a runner?

But yeah, as Pmj said, you do you.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
What lol?

The basis is in our psychology, how the brain is wired. Our psychology works by having a dominant function, auxiliary etc. as described by function order.

If you think that it's all based in things like tests, and isn't actual reality, then yeah, maybe give up on it. \(o.O)/

Oh no, what I mean by that was that if there's no way to determine what your type is, that is, if there's no way to test to see what your type actually is, then there's no point in having MBTI and its descriptors.

Sort of like the egg and the chicken concept- you need the tests to know your type.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
@Onestep
I don't think you're INTJ. Your thinking is extremely divergent.

Not that INTJs can't be creative, just that they tend to think in straight, efficient lines. It's very difficult to hold you to a position long enough to hammer out details, as you'll already have linked what you were saying to several other different fields by the time anyone responds. I think of your thought patterns as 'high mobility required'.

The INTJs I know tend to be extremely effective people in basically every sense of the word, but their thinking tends towards rigidity.

I guess I might say you're an acrobat, whereas an INTJ might be likened to a runner?

But yeah, as Pmj said, you do you.

Thats an interesting way to put it.. But its surprising to hear that i dont have depth. A couple of my friends point out my depth on certain fields but i guess i dont bring that to the forum. (Or maybe the topics that im interested arent reflected here heh).

Let me guess, you still think im entp? Haha

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 10:33 PM
-->
I'm not saying you don't have depth. I'm saying it's dwarfed by your breadth, at least behaviorally.

I try not to be in the business of telling people what their type is, because that would imply I give credence to the theory. I think ENTP would be more consistent than INTJ. If Ne is a thing, then I think you have it. You tend to approach topics from multiple directions and be more interested in the possible than the probable. I can't see myself having Ne and you not.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
I'm not saying you don't have depth. I'm saying it's dwarfed by your breadth, at least behaviorally.

I try not to be in the business of telling people what their type is, because that would imply I give credence to the theory. I think ENTP would be more consistent than INTJ. If Ne is a thing, then I think you have it. You tend to approach topics from multiple directions and be more interested in the possible than the probable. I can't see myself having Ne and you not.

Yeah youre totally right.. To think about it it would be a lie to say that i dobt have Ne. I guess it just goes to show unreliable mbti is to some degree.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
Oh no, what I mean by that was that if there's no way to determine what your type is, that is, if there's no way to test to see what your type actually is, then there's no point in having MBTI and its descriptors.

Sort of like the egg and the chicken concept- you need the tests to know your type.

I'm not saying you can't know what your type is - I'm referring to the kinds of quizzes that are purported to be able to determine type. It's certainly possible to determine it though,

For example Pod'lair has developed methodology for it, although it is to be noted that they disagree with calling what they do "typing" (although I disagree with their disagreement, as to me, Mojo is a means of classifying individuals based on their psychology, which is almost precisely how personality typology is defined).

Many other people claim to be able to determine type, and I believe that the method I have created (or rather, I have the general idea, and I am figuring out how to implement it) is suitable for text-based typings.

So, by applying my method, or rather attempting to, you seem to fit as an INTP, as I see you make judgements initially in posts, followed by perception oriented sentences. My method is almost certainly valid, but difficult to use, and requires much interpretation. From a brief survey of your posts, the Ti-Ne-Si order seems to fit, however I saw little in the way of Fe (which could mean that it is yet to develop to a usable level, something which tends to occur in early adulthood from my understanding, or that you simply don't include it for one reason or another).

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
I thought I was able to type people just by reading their posts too, but I'm really starting to doubt if that really works. I think when one really immerses themselves into the internet their perception of themselves get skewed. For example, the way I type or manufacture my posts differs when I'm off the computer for a while (as in a couple of weeks).

There's that argument, and there's the argument that posts only reveal a certain facet of one's true personality. Internet posts are too one dimensional and should only be understood in a social context, which the internet has a weakness in.

Either way if you feel that my posts seem INTPish, I won't argue, but the tests seem to point to something else. Internet tetsts however, the one I took recently, about a day ago or so, came out to be ISFJ ('defender'). So yeah, take what you will. I thought I was borderline INTP for a couple of years.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 9:03 AM
-->

Yeah youre totally right.. To think about it it would be a lie to say that i dobt have Ne. I guess it just goes to show unreliable mbti is to some degree.

My thoughts here are pretty similar to Hado's. I don't really much care to tell people what they are and aren't, but your posting behavior has seemed far more divergent in approach, and when I read/relate to your posts, it seems more how I read/relate to Ne doms versus Ni doms. *shrug*

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
Oh okay. Do you mind if I ask what you mean by how you related to it Ne vs Ni? Like its just more Ne dom-ish? And hello aunty ^_^

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
I thought I was able to type people just by reading their posts too, but I'm really starting to doubt if that really works. I think when one really immerses themselves into the internet their perception of themselves get skewed. For example, the way I type or manufacture my posts differs when I'm off the computer for a while (as in a couple of weeks).

There's that argument, and there's the argument that posts only reveal a certain facet of one's true personality. Internet posts are too one dimensional and should only be understood in a social context, which the internet has a weakness in.

Either way if you feel that my posts seem INTPish, I won't argue, but the tests seem to point to something else. Internet tetsts however, the one I took recently, about a day ago or so, came out to be ISFJ ('defender'). So yeah, take what you will. I thought I was borderline INTP for a couple of years.

Cognitive functions apply to pretty much anything we do. Posts may not reveal too much of our personality, but what they do hypothetically reveal is the order in which we use our functions. So, what I try to do is map the sections of a post to a cognitive function order. It works in theory but the problem is: it is classifying (Ti) based on stimulus (Se) so makes use of my weaker functions more than my stronger ones, and thus remains difficult.

Can you see how your first paragraph looks more like judgements, and the second paragraph looks like perceptions, or does it seem more like I'm tripping? And also that the second paragraph seems abstract whereas the third seems concrete.

Top Bottom