• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Secret Sharing

cloud_way

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 11:17 PM
-->
I have major sticky fingers- as in literally every time I take a trip to the store I have an urge to sneak something into my purse. Could be something I need, could be a worthless piece of junk. It's not so much the rush I get when crossing the security alarms at the exit; it's the stealthy process of the whole ordeal. Almost like a strategy game of seeing how much I can get and how discreetly I can do it. I'm fooling everyone-customers, salesclerks, security guards, cameras, alarms. I've got the one-up on everybody. The only experience I can compare it to is when I figure out a problem or puzzle before anyone else. Again, just having the upper hand.

I have to say, I have a strong sense of core values I adhere to, but petty theft doesn't seem to contradict any of my beliefs- or at least I don't get that tinge of guilt like I did something wrong. I could never bring myself to steal from friends, family, or anyone I knew on a personal level. However with large department stores it's a completely different story. I feel as though I'm “taking what's mine” since nobody will miss it anyways. Well, just thought I'd share one of my “hobbies” if you will.

If anyone has any undisclosed pastimes of their own, I'd love to hear about them.

ProxyAmenRa

Here to bring back the love!
Local time
Today 4:17 PM
-->
Stealing is stealing regardless of who you steal from. Thus you are obligated to remedy the wrong you have committed. I suggest you turn yourself in to the police.

Deleted member 1424

You have to be pretty damn obvious or egregious to get caught in large retail stores. People simply walk out with carts filled to the brim all the time, since loss prevention cannot/doesn't pursue far. A typical employee will do nothing if they see you.

I don't really get where your sense of accomplishment is coming from. :confused:

Stealing is stealing regardless of who you steal from. Thus you are obligated to remedy the wrong you have committed. I suggest you turn yourself in to the police.

Theft is the truest form of capitalism, proxy. :D

Just think of it as inherent market forces that encourage security.

cloud_way

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Why remedy something you don't feel is wrong? Like I said, I have an urge. Doesn't mean I act on that urge. I was just curious of how others would respond or what they would have to share. It's a hobby in the past that I've dropped for many reasons, but morality is not among them.

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
Today 5:17 PM
-->
I was in a shop with my mother, trying on various belts until I found one I liked whilst she was off looking at some clothes for herself. I found a nice belt and took the tag off, as I decided I would get it. My jumper hung down lower than my waist hiding it from sight and I knew I'd been glanced at in the very least whilst doing it from a shopkeeper but I knew they hadn't seen me keep the one I wanted on.
I went over to the till with my mother and stood next to her fidgeting with the tag as she paid for her stuff. Then after announced that I had this belt to pay for. It completely occurred to me that no one had noticed anything and I could have walked out with that belt very easily. I have stolen bits and pieces before when I was younger; sweets and things. But decided against it, even though I was 90% sure I could get away with it. Even the shopkeeper joked about how she had no idea I was wearing it.

I've seen friends steal clothes before, numerous times and once they were caught, had to pay a fine and were banned from the shop they were caught in. This made their experience unprofitable for them and they stopped. You may think you've covered, or will cover the cost of getting caught. Your choice.

Missing stock shows up in stock takes, will be recorded as losses or wastage and prices will go up to cover for that; the more people who steal will raise the price for everybody else. So not only are you stealing, or 'taking what's mine' as you worded it, you're contributing to raising the price for everyone. Now unless you plan on stealing 100% of your goods, you're still paying for that.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 7:17 AM
-->
I suggest you turn yourself in to the police.

Or a psychiatrist for kleptomania.

Nice sense of entitlement you got there. First the stuff with shitty customer service over superficial snap judgments over people now this. Dayum girl. Hope you got no tips. :D

cloud_way

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Welllll if you had read the entire post, you would've seen that my description of shitty customer service was simply avoiding going the extra mile. I wasn't flat out rude or anything. I was polite- nothing more, nothing less.

People are quick to jump to conclusions on here seems like. That was actually a page of my old journal I modified and posted. I had no intent of bragging or showing off by any means. I'm on here because I'm CURIOUS about the views/opinions of other people. I'm an adult and I know the consequences of my actions. I didn't post to get scolded by a bunch of strangers.

ProxyAmenRa

Local time
-->
Theft is the truest form of capitalism, proxy. :D

A system based on voluntary interactions is theft, an involuntary interaction? That's some double think for you.

Why remedy something you don't feel is wrong? Like I said, I have an urge. Doesn't mean I act on that urge. I was just curious of how others would respond or what they would have to share. It's a hobby in the past that I've dropped for many reasons, but morality is not among them.

Just you don't feel like it is wrong does not mean it is not wrong. You in fact did something that is wrong for the petty thrill of it. You certainly won't get any kudos for it apart from other degenerates whom are in your likeness.

Lot

Don't forget to bring a towel
Local time
-->
If you share a secret, it's not a secret. This thread is a trap. I caught you.

Or your thefts were weighing on your conscience so much you had to tell internet strangers. :angel:

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 12:17 AM
-->
I actually had that problem when I was 11-12 years old. I got caught. The law was disproportionate to my crime. I mean, I wasn't transformed into the undead until everything I stole was replaced, per se, but it came pretty fucking close. Anyway no more stealing for me after that, and no more retail theft urges.

I do feel compelled to squirrel money away, though. I get all sneaky about it. But to date, no one has gotten upset with my general deceptiveness when I pull $1000 cash or whatever out of thin air.

On a side note, ProxyAmenRa, you should know that whenever I see your avatar, I feel a strong, barely controllable urge to shout, "You're not my real dad!" and storm out of the room.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 12:17 AM
-->
^^^ You smooth motherfucker (perhaps literally, though probably only other people's moms)

ProxyAmenRa

Local time
-->
On a side note, ProxyAmenRa, you should know that whenever I see your avatar, I feel a strong, barely controllable urge to shout, "You're not my real dad!" and storm out of the room.

That's precisely the reaction I was aiming for when I selected the image to be the avatar.

:)

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 7:17 AM
-->
Missing stock shows up in stock takes, will be recorded as losses or wastage and prices will go up to cover for that; the more people who steal will raise the price for everybody else. So not only are you stealing, or 'taking what's mine' as you worded it, you're contributing to raising the price for everyone. Now unless you plan on stealing 100% of your goods, you're still paying for that.

Where I live it's even worse; they make the workers compensate for the losses from their already miserable wages.

I think petty theft is extremely embarrassing, getting caught doing it ain't worth any high from the so called "accomplishment".

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 1:17 AM
-->
I was at a youth group retreat, a christian one. There was some music being played and so I sat by the stereo. I saw a CD that my friend had that I had listened to a bit before, and i knew it was not his so I stole it not knowing whose it was. There was an announcement the next day as we were all seated for worship. The announcement was "Someone stole [insert name here] CD and she wants it back. If you see anyone who has this CD in their possession tell someone. My friend who didn't see me take it (the one who also had that same CD) knew I didn't own that CD so when he saw I had it he ratted me out. It seemed like everyone and their brother was trying to guilt trip me into feeling bad for taking it, so I broke down and cried. I personally don't get a kick out of stealing, but I proly wouldn't feel bad about doing it any more. That's my story, I hope it was entertaining to read. :angel:

StevenM

beep
Local time
Today 2:17 AM
-->
I knew a thief. One day he disappeared, and nobody has heard from him since.

doncarlzone

Useless knowledge
Local time
Today 6:17 AM
-->
Why remedy something you don't feel is wrong?

Damn. How does one get back at such a strong argument?

I would actually have commended you for your honesty had you not tried to justify it, morally. Hell I do plenty of stuff that I find unethical.

Top Bottom