• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Seasons greetings

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 3:43 PM
-->
3841affc3aa926663cb293b213b37579.jpg

What's everyone's plans for the holidays?

I'm going to Japan to see my parents.

I'm also thinking of trying to see this girl I know from high school, will update you guys on that.

And yes Japanese people are really into KFC during Christmas, it's a capitalist tradition thing- but I'll probably eating a lot of sushi and steak during my stay there. The steaks where I'm at are like 30 bucks for half a slab. Sacrilegious.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 3:43 PM
-->
No one celebrating this year?! You bunch of cisgendered rats..

Update: Have not contacted lady friend yet!

gps

INTP 5w4 Iconoclast
Local time
Today 2:43 AM
-->
Which `season' is that?

I try to SURVIVE `the holidays'.
My local library shuts down for the week between Christmas and Newyears, so THAT venue disappears until after the madness ends.

I'll probably play some chess with a friend, eat some left overs, visit a woman friend who does wildlife rehabilitation, maybe skip a few stones in local creeks and rivers.
Nothing too noteworthy, I'm sure.

I hope to be checking out the action here too as well ... as tepid and low-key an `action' usually manifesting here.

Cheers!

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:43 AM
-->
Which `season' is that?

I try to SURVIVE `the holidays'.
My local library shuts down for the week between Christmas and Newyears, so THAT venue disappears until after the madness ends.

I'll probably play some chess with a friend, eat some left overs, visit a woman friend who does wildlife rehabilitation, maybe skip a few stones in local creeks and rivers.
Nothing too noteworthy, I'm sure.

I hope to be checking out the action here too as well ... as tepid and low-key an `action' usually manifesting here.

Cheers!

You remind me of Roquentin from La Nausee lol. That's a compliment by the way.

Speaking of Nausea – I have to spend the Holiday with my family. Being assaulted with various insipid banalities for a whole week, etc. It's all great fun.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
When I went to China in 2002 (different cities across the country), i was kinda shocked at how popular KFC was there (along with 7-11). Here KFC was kind of dying, although it's now been making a bit of a comeback I think; but over there it was a big deal.

---

My kids can't come down. I was planning to just spend the day at home alone, but I know two sisters at work who I'm close to and when I told them, they invited me to the family gathering.... I'm kind of pseudo-adopted into their clan, I guess. It should be nice and the food should be good.

This year hasn't felt very festive to me for some reason. I did my tree but it's all been kinda meh. Plus, a lot of the stuff that comes along with Christmas isn't stuff I believe in, and it is pushed by folks who create problems in a lot of areas of life, so ... I'm kinda like, whatever.

Every year, I try to buy 2-3 more ornaments for my tree (since I finally own a house again and have a tree). This year the honors go to:

bb8.jpg

71HMG7jCS3L._SY450_.jpg

81eI2qEOQkL._AC_SR201,266_.jpg

Last year honors went to the Alien Queen, the caddyshack gopher, and Twilight Sparkle.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 1:43 AM
-->
Your tree is quite comfortable.

Is it bad of me that I kinda thing it would be fun to take a baseball bat to it??? Ofc nothing personal, it's just one of those things.. lot of glass. I always wanted to hit a bunch of glass with something hard, but still yet to do it.

I just got back from Christmas eve party on my mothers side. I really wish I could opt out. I have a cousin who hasn't been there in years and we got along well when we were young. The odd part is that his girlfriend who is like 10-15 years older than him was there but he wasn't because he was ice fishing.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
Today 6:43 AM
-->
I made lots of food and got drunk. Hope everyone enjoyed eating lots of food and getting drunk. :cat:

Nebulous

Local time
-->
I made lots of food and got drunk. Hope everyone enjoyed eating lots of food and getting drunk. :cat:

‘Tis the season; fa la la la la, la la, la, la.

The odd part is that his girlfriend who is like 10-15 years older than him was there but he wasn't because he was ice fishing.

Could one say he is on thin ice?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I went to my friend's / adopted family's Christmas dinner and met the fourth sister I'd never seen yet (she's west coast, we're east coast). I didn't know my friend's husband could cook, but I was kinda blown away -- big thick grilled chunks of asparagus, prime rib with pink center that melted in the mouth, butternut squash with some zing, mashed potatoes with flavor. What the hell, how can anyone cook like this who isn't a professional? I'm such a hack.

Then we sent the kids to the basement and played this shameless knock off of "Cards Against Humanity" called "What do you meme?" Instead of having a text card to respond to, they post photos/memes ripped off the internet and you play your selection of cards against that with that round's judge picking the winner.

All the best rounds seemed to happen early in, and when I was judge, people were playing cards for this meme picture of Obama gripping Biden from behind and whispering in his ear, and someone passed in the card:

When your president grabs you by the pussy

Every time I tried to read the damn card, I just started laughing, and the inability to stop laughing made me laugh harder. I tried to read that card to everyone about ten times and just couldn't get the words out.

Unfortunately, most of the good rounds happened early, and despite winning a decent number of rounds in the group of nine, a lot of the last rounds I had crap draws and not much was funny for me to play.

I dunno. I really wasn't into Christmas this year, I'm kind of indifferent to it nowadays anyway especially with it being so overladen with religion and cultural baggage, and now it's over for another year. My Christmas Eve and Christmas aside from that consisted of playing WoW / doing Legion dungeons until 3am. Wheee.

Is it bad of me that I kinda thing it would be fun to take a baseball bat to it??? Ofc nothing personal, it's just one of those things.. lot of glass. I always wanted to hit a bunch of glass with something hard, but still yet to do it.

wannabe thug life

I just got back from Christmas eve party on my mothers side. I really wish I could opt out. I have a cousin who hasn't been there in years and we got along well when we were young. The odd part is that his girlfriend who is like 10-15 years older than him was there but he wasn't because he was ice fishing.

Did he catch any ice?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 1:43 AM
-->

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 7:43 AM
-->
hey guys guys Have to share my happiness with you:
NO ONE from my extended family came! NO eggshells to walk on by! lovely xmas.
*breaths full breasts*

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
hey guys guys Have to share my happiness with you:
NO ONE from my extended family came! NO eggshells to walk on by! lovely xmas.
*breaths full breasts*

damn you...!

wait. actually no one showed up at my house either.
hi5-smiley.gif

Top Bottom