• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Salutations!

Kudryavka

Nostalgia Junkie
Local time
Today 1:41 AM
-->
Hello everyone. I've been lurking this forum here and there for a bit, and thought I might as well make an account now...

Let's see... about me... well, I'm female and a pretty solid INFP. I've been addressed at work as "Ya damn hippie". I enjoy reading, mostly classic literature or science fiction. Predictably, I'm also an aspiring writer. If there's anything else you'd like to know about me, just ask... :)

I think most of my favorite people are NTs, so I look forward to meeting more favorite people here!

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
Today 6:41 AM
-->
hello, awesome welcome, an infp do we even have one?

Also, what do you aspire to write?

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 2:41 PM
-->
Hello everyone. I've been lurking this forum here and there for a bit, and thought I might as well make an account now...

Let's see... about me... well, I'm female and a pretty solid INFP. I've been addressed at work as "Ya damn hippie". I enjoy reading, mostly classic literature or science fiction. Predictably, I'm also an aspiring writer. If there's anything else you'd like to know about me, just ask... :)

I think most of my favorite people are NTs, so I look forward to meeting more favorite people here!

Welcome Kudryavka!

I have Real Life INFP friends and I really enjoy their company so I guess I'll enjoy yours as well.

What classic pieces literature have you read and enjoyed?

Kudryavka

Nostalgia Junkie
Local time
-->
Well, right now I have several short stories and a novel-length story sort of floating around in various stages of completion. I enjoy writing dramatic, character-driven stories that have a historical or science fiction-y feel to them. But I wouldn't call them realistic... more towards romantic, I think. I described one of my plots to a friend and he said it had a mystical quality.

What classic pieces literature have you read and enjoyed?
Hm, I'm not terribly well-read yet, but I think I've loved everything I read by Dostoevsky so far. His work is always such a treat that I went out and bought lots of his novels, but I haven't read most of them, because I don't want to run out of them too soon. :o

By the way, since I see you have a Shaw quote in your signature, I'd like to mention that I recently read The Doctor's Dilemma and enjoyed it very much. My copy contained a lengthy preface written by him in which he detailed many problems with the medical system in his day. I couldn't stop laughing - he is wonderfully snarky!

Magus

Local time
Today 6:41 AM
-->
Dostoevsky is a bit of a treat, I finally got around to finishing Crime and Punishment recently, was pretty good if I don't say so myself :P
I couldn't stomach The Possessed though, that will have to be for next time.

Welcome from Australia! :king-twitter:

Kudryavka

Nostalgia Junkie
Local time
-->
Dostoevsky is a bit of a treat, I finally got around to finishing Crime and Punishment recently, was pretty good if I don't say so myself :P
I couldn't stomach The Possessed though, that will have to be for next time.
Yes... I don't think I would be exaggerating if I said that Crime and Punishment changed my perspective pretty significantly. When people ask me what is my favorite book, that's usually the one I mention.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 7:41 AM
-->
hello, awesome welcome, an infp do we even have one?

we have that "gopher" guy.

Kudryavka, welcome and i hope you enjoy your stay.

if you feel like sharing your written works, please do.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 7:41 PM
-->
That picture of Laika always gives me goosebumps.

Nice to have another literary soul on board.

Enjoy.

Kudryavka

Nostalgia Junkie
Local time
-->
if you feel like sharing your written works, please do.
Thanks, maybe when they have met my standard of perfection I will feel comfortable enough to do so :P

That picture of Laika always gives me goosebumps.
There is something really haunting about it, I think. She had such an intelligent and wise expression, like she knew more about the mission than she was letting on.

Recently I stumbled upon some old video footage of her. Seeing her in motion, rather than just photos, was both a haunting and sobering experience for me...

Top Bottom