• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Resume Help

M...

ad infinitum
Local time
Today 1:12 AM
-->
I am applying for a consumer loan underwriting position soon and I would really appreciate any thoughts you guys have on my resume so far.

Please point out any criticisms or parts that you think work well.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
Today 8:12 AM
-->
What I know about writing resumés is from business school in UK, so it is possible there are different ways of doing it, but I can tell what they would have said about this.

When you for example write you can do critical thinking and complex problem solving, you should add what experiences you had which support these claims.

For the work experiences it's the same: instead of listing your work tasks, describe exactly what you gained from doing the work and in what ways you excelled.

The tech skills should be desribed in terms of what level you are at, and what experience you had with them.

For the higher education, possibly list relevant subjects you had.

In general, I have learned that people are mostly interested in concrete things you have done related to the position you are applying for. For example "Analyzing information and verifying documents" doesn't tell much, it's a bit vague.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 4:12 PM
-->
My first thought is that you probably shouldn't provide your real name, address and phone number to strangers on the internet. I know we seem nice enough but you never know who lurks around this place.

My second thought is that Tannhauser is on the right track.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 4:12 PM
-->
My first thought if that we probably shouldn't open .PDF files from strangers on the internet. I know he seems nice enough but you never know who lurks around this place.

I don't have a second thought.

Top Bottom