• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Quantum Entanglement - Einstein was right.

Animekitty

baby marshmallow born today
Local time
Today, 11:48
Einstein believed particles at a distance could not interact with each other.

" Everything is entangled." does not mesh with what he believed.

Einstein believed Quantum Mechanics was hocus pocus.

Animekitty

baby marshmallow born today
Local time
Today, 11:48
" Everything is entangled."

Correct but not what Einstien believed.

computerhxr

Village Idiot
Local time
Today, 10:48
Einstein believed particles at a distance could not interact with each other.

" Everything is entangled." does not mesh with what he believed.

Einstein believed Quantum Mechanics was hocus pocus.
Einstein believed in locality, causality, and quantities that could affect each other no faster than the speed of light. He thought it was incomplete and in fact, his theory of the Photoelectric Effect is a contribution to quantum physics.

Wikipedia said:
Max Born proposed that mechanics were to be understood as a probability without any causal explanation. Einstein rejected this interpretation.

He recognizes the great value of the theory, but suggests that it "does not tell the whole story", and, while providing an appropriate description at a certain level, it gives no information on the more fundamental underlying level:

I have the greatest consideration for the goals which are pursued by the physicists of the latest generation which go under the name of quantum mechanics, and I believe that this theory represents a profound level of truth, but I also believe that the restriction to laws of a statistical nature will turn out to be transitory....Without doubt quantum mechanics has grasped an important fragment of the truth and will be a paragon for all future fundamental theories, for the fact that it must be deducible as a limiting case from such foundations, just as electrostatics is deducible from Maxwell's equations of the electromagnetic field or as thermodynamics is deducible from statistical mechanics.
" Everything is entangled."

Correct but not what Einstien believed.
In the sense of a unified field theory.

sushi

Local time
Today, 18:48
he was against quantum mechanics as far as my knowledge goes, at least skeptical and cynical towards it.

Top Bottom