• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

P-dom bahaviour

Teax

huh?
Local time
Today 6:42 AM
-->
P-dom behavior

In J dom, J is the default mode you are in most of the time, P aux is a temporary mode that helps out when J is stuck.
Like take the INTP: Ti is 'home'. anytime Ti needs help you switch to Ne, temporarily, untill Ti can take over again. This also explains why JiPe people 'zone out'. (or at least TiPe people do)

Applying same principle to P dom seems to fail. If P is your default mode - how can it possibly get stuck? P does not judge, so there's nothing P needs 'help with'.

Pe maybe requires more and more input, so at some point out of sheer boredom the person maybe is forced to move from the spot? simply out of the need to experience something new? is that really how ExxPs are motivated?
from the movie Short Circuit
c308d88f9e24a0e87e70925ad19c39c2cae411a95aa5312b9f0e3c671739ccfe.jpg

Pi is the most puzzling, it translates to a cat who stares out of the window every day, nostalgically enjoying the view, rarely looking at one specific thing long enough to get bored with...
cat-at-window-e1383020704969.jpg
How does Si produce the dutyful rule abiding go-getter IxxJ personality as seen in videos like this one
ISTJ interview. Or the compulsive get-things-done attitude of INTJs. <-- those traits come from Te, not Pi. So maybe that ISTJ is more often in J mode? So if P-doms are not in P mode by default/most of the time, then is it even justified calling them P-doms? Maybe J doms is all there exists...

I guess being a J dom, understanding P doms might be futile to begin with... never stopped me from trying. Anyone have some insight?

StevenM

beep
Local time
Today 12:42 AM
-->
When you first meet an ISTJ, you do seem to get a lot of 'Te' from them. You have to really get to know them well, because they use their Si very very privately. Once they become comfortable with you, they almost become a much different person. Less about Te, and more of a warm 'nostalgia'. They would mostly be found gazing quietly with a slight frown. When guests or people are around, they get Te wound up.

It's somewhat like an observer effect. Somehow, you need to be able to allow them to do their usual "alone-private time" thing in your presence. Then you would see the Si become proportionally dominant to the Te.

At least, that's just going by my relationship with my ISTJ grandma.

Also, having things orderly, structured and clean could be an Si thing as well (not just Te). These things appeal to their subjective senses.

TheOtherMe

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Re: P-dom behavior

First post, sorry for the lack of an introduction. I think the way this plays out in Ni-doms is compulsive information gathering. For instance, an INJ might obsessively read every available review of a product before making a purchase. In such "perceiving loops," the INJ feels he or she must have examined every piece of data before taking action, which is one form of procrastination.

ae1905

Local time
-->

In J dom, J is the default mode you are in most of the time, P aux is a temporary mode that helps out when J is stuck.
Like take the INTP: Ti is 'home'. anytime Ti needs help you switch to Ne, temporarily, untill Ti can take over again. This also explains why JiPe people 'zone out'. (or at least TiPe people do)

Applying same principle to P dom seems to fail. If P is your default mode - how can it possibly get stuck? P does not judge, so there's nothing P needs 'help with'.

Pe maybe requires more and more input, so at some point out of sheer boredom the person maybe is forced to move from the spot? simply out of the need to experience something new? is that really how ExxPs are motivated?
from the movie Short Circuit
c308d88f9e24a0e87e70925ad19c39c2cae411a95aa5312b9f0e3c671739ccfe.jpg

Pi is the most puzzling, it translates to a cat who stares out of the window every day, nostalgically enjoying the view, rarely looking at one specific thing long enough to get bored with...
cat-at-window-e1383020704969.jpg
How does Si produce the dutyful rule abiding go-getter IxxJ personality as seen in videos like this one
ISTJ interview. Or the compulsive get-things-done attitude of INTJs. <-- those traits come from Te, not Pi. So maybe that ISTJ is more often in J mode? So if P-doms are not in P mode by default/most of the time, then is it even justified calling them P-doms? Maybe J doms is all there exists...

I guess being a J dom, understanding P doms might be futile to begin with... never stopped me from trying. Anyone have some insight?

P can get stuck when it remains in perceiving mode and never shifts into J mode to get things done. So INTJs may spend too much time planning, say, to take over the world and not enough time doing it. This is certainly a complaint ENTJs level at their intoverted cousins. Or ENTPs might spend too much time dreaming up new ideas and not enough time vetting them to see if they make sense. And so on. Each function when used in excess, and to the exclusion of others, becomes a liability.

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->

But P does need help. The judging functions will act in a way to create an environment where the extraverted perciever can get the most use out of that function. We live in a real world where unfortunately, people can't just wander around all day and cater to every whim that suits them. There's things like money and jobs and such that society requires us to deal with. We HAVE to make decisions. We make decisions in our choice to not decide. Everytime we step outside...or opposingly, stay inside, we are making a decision. However, the decisions that we make are going to cater to our Se/Ne.

Your initial post is sort of floating suspended from the world in some abstract reality. How "N" of you...Lol. Once you ground it, ExxPs make a little more sense, I hope. Unless you were trying to purposely be abstract and I completely missed the mark. In that case...my bad :/

Teax

huh?
Local time
Today 6:42 AM
-->

TMills27 said:
When you first meet an ISTJ, you do seem to get a lot of 'Te' from them. You have to really get to know them well, because they use their Si very very privately. Once they become comfortable with you, they almost become a much different person. Less about Te, and more of a warm 'nostalgia'. They would mostly be found gazing quietly with a slight frown. When guests or people are around, they get Te wound up.

It's somewhat like an observer effect. Somehow, you need to be able to allow them to do their usual "alone-private time" thing in your presence. Then you would see the Si become proportionally dominant to the Te.

At least, that's just going by my relationship with my ISTJ grandma.

Also, having things orderly, structured and clean could be an Si thing as well (not just Te). These things appeal to their subjective senses.
Looking back at this year old thread, I actually found a person who fits this description. Thank you TMills27, very insightful.

sort of floating suspended from the world in some abstract reality
If I had a nickle :D :D !

However, the decisions that we make are going to cater to our Se/Ne.
yeah... that's a meaningful way of looking at it.

We live in a real world where unfortunately, people can't just wander around all day and cater to every whim that suits them.
So, then, if given the chance, Pe doms would gladly be in Pe mode forever? How could that look like.

iAmMe

HereIAm
Local time
-->

So, then, if given the chance, Pe doms would gladly be in Pe mode forever? How could that look like.
But that doesn't make sense. A world with no judging? How does this exist? I can't even pretend that this exists and still make sense to myself, let alone to you. Lol. This is so far removed that I can't even hypothesize with you. Lol. Ask and ENTP, maybe they'll be able to play along. Smh. It's an impossibility.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 9:42 PM
-->

I still contend that the efforts of Myers-Briggs has fucked the functions beyond all repair. As a likely introverted and thinking Se/Ni type (i.e. NiTe or TiSe) I can tell you that ISTJ and dutifulness does not belong to introverted sensing.

Introverted sensing relates to a person who picks and chooses objects to which he will share a personal relationship with, whether in the goal of enjoyment, experimentation, or mastery. SiTe may have an SF subtype who is impulsive and sociable like an ESFP, or an NT subtype who is scheming and inventive like an ENTP. The Te externalizes their thoughts so that they're focused on methods, ideas, and practical implementation. collector/tinkerer/hobbyist, con man/shrewd businessman, a-social Survivalist, ladies' man etc. 9w8 or 3w4.

ISTJ and dutifulness instead belongs to Se/Ni with a logical component(i.e. TiSe) which respects normalized power structures and orients itself into hierarchy. The devaluation of Feeling exacerbates social interdependence causing a compensatory attitude that puts intense focus on work and rules. NT subtype 6/5 , SF subtype 6w7 (possibly a 1 somewhere..)

INTJs are socially disaffected like TiSe, but introverted perception is always in effect. They are always in their heads, detached and observing, with a strong non-relation to everything around them. At any given moment the INTJ is more un-social because of non-involvement, but when they do get involved their efforts mimic the restrained nature of ISTJ, when not surrounded by close friends or relatives who know them well with whom they can relax and let down guards. Te in INTJ does not cause productivity reminiscent of 3s or 8s. They are mostly 5s or 9s who think first and act later, when they have thought enough about a topic, the situation becomes clear and inspiration/motivation affords a relentless effort to achieve their goals(more ST subtype resembling image-conscious ESTP).

Top Bottom