• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

OnLive

Jules

Local time
Today 5:43 PM
-->
So if I read this correctly you won't need high-end hardware to play games? I wonder how well this is received by hardware manufacturers like NVidia and the likes.

tom

sihadiya
Local time
Today 4:43 PM
-->
I do wonder what would happen if this were to be a success. If people are not upgrading their machines to play games then where is money going to come from to improve the tech?

Local time
Today 4:43 PM
-->
Microsoft and Sony could oppose this with the funding of exclusive titles which are released for only their consoles. The Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 are superior to the Wii in terms of hardware overall, but people continue purchasing the Wii for its unique features and original games.

Will it be possible for OnLive to destroy every unqiue aspect of the PS3, 360 and Wii? If not, it will simply become a viable option for the gamers. They will select the console based on their preferences, essentially. I am certain that OnLive will have flaws which result in people continuing to buy the PS3, Wii or Xbox 360.

Fedayeen

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:43 AM
-->
Moddability is a big deal for some of the hard core PC gamers out there, so they are going to want to stick to that and not go with onlive.

Also onlive should hopefully drive the cost of other gaming alternatives down a bit.

Top Bottom