• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.

On why we work and the nature of reality

sushi

Local time
Today, 19:46
my hypothesis is that reality is fundamentally made of space and information.

when i use energy, energy and work -->space and information.

One can say the very purpose of human work is creating information and space.

For instance, when I write and type stuff, I convert my energy and thought into space and information. When i move stuff to build something, I convert my energy into space and information.

Another example is a closed empty room with only one desk and 3 chairs with me inside . I work and move around the 3 chairs and 1 desk into various different position and patterns inside the room, creating new space and information.

At the end of every day, I always have more information than yesterday, but less usable energy. Energy thus become new space and information.

Agree or disagree.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:16
By the standard you use to narrow everything down into either space or information, how is space not information?

sushi

Local time
By the standard you use to narrow everything down into either space or information, how is space not information?

I don't want to say space is same as information, because information is a content of space .

Otherwise I don't know what the ultimate purpose of human work and action (other than make money), unless anyone have different perspectives.

work is done to manipulate space and infromation to create a certain content.

sushi

Local time
My current hypothesis is that all work and motion----->information.

that is why is it inevitable that you are smarter at the end of the day than beginning.

QuickTwist

Alive - Born Anew
Local time
Today, 13:46
I was going to comment on something here but I am not quite sure what I have to add.

I am not sure whether I agree or not because I feel like it doesn't make any God damn sense, but let me attempt to make sense of this.

From what I know, work is the dissipation of energy. You can think about this as Watts. When energy is given off, this produces heat. Heat, in this case, is Watts. So when you overclock your processor, and as a consequence of this, the temperature of the processor goes up, what you are observing is that more work is being done by your processor.

This doesn't answer why the universe is expanding and cooling down, however. I tried to come up with an equation to represent your theory, but it's either too complicated for me to understand in algebraic terms OR it is not logically consistent with itself OR there is not enough information to formulate an Equation and I am leaning the latter.

Terms used:

Associated terms:
{work
energy
action
motion
thought}

{space
information
content}

I do not know where to go from here.

sushi

Local time
I was going to comment on something here but I am not quite sure what I have to add.

I am not sure whether I agree or not because I feel like it doesn't make any God damn sense, but let me attempt to make sense of this.

From what I know, work is the dissipation of energy. You can think about this as Watts. When energy is given off, this produces heat. Heat, in this case, is Watts. So when you overclock your processor, and as a consequence of this, the temperature of the processor goes up, what you are observing is that more work is being done by your processor.

err, I don't know how to say this.

I am not talking about the universe. I am talking about human activity and nature of work.
If you do not understand what I am saying, I will try to rephrase it as a question?

why do humans work , produce and create, other than for survival and satisfy our needs?what is the purpose of work? is work a meaningless activity?

but then on the ultimate nature of reality, i still believe it is space and information.

Artsu Tharaz

Resident Resident
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:46
Because, Hado, you gotta have space to put all that information.

Top Bottom