• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

NormanTheDoorman's Collection

NormannTheDoorman

Rice is love. Rice is life.
Local time
Today 4:19 PM
-->
Do you ever get mentally confused?

Not for short bursts but for long periods of time. Recently I haven't been able to organize any thought. I think things but I don't know what to do with such thoughts. I feel as if I'm trying to understand everything but I don't know where to start. I get ideas but I have no direction.

My mind is full of what...:kodama1:

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 11:19 PM
-->
Re: Do you ever get mentally confused?

This may be tangential, but I made something somewhat similar to "mental confusion," I called it "moments of mental retardation, so your OP may be fundamentally different, but just putting it out there -> http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=17000

But yes, sometimes.

Make sure you are eating well and sleeping enough (the basics)

if you're getting that^, go see a doctor

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
Today 5:19 AM
-->

Yes, typically when I can't focus because some RL issue is looming over me making me frustrated and emotionally unstable making me crave certainty in abstract things as a way to compensate. Not being particularly good at analyzing my own feelings other than in hindsight doesn't help.

It also happens when I don't sleep or eat enough. Low blood sugar clouds thinking as does fatigue.

In these cases Ni doesn't do its job of synthesizing and steering properly Tertiary Ti has to carry the weight, inevitably resulting in me entangling myself, loosing track of my own line of reasoning. Trying to go back and manually follow my own line of reasoning can sometimes help, but that is painstaking and further adds to the fatigue causing me to lose track again. Ni is never completely out of the picture, it can still pop in with hunges and moments of clarity, but these don't last long enough for me to bring them out of my head and put them into words, but they are typically what makes me aware that I'm not doing so good and should probably drop whatever I'm thinking about for the moment. I can still use Ni and Fe even when fatigued though, but when it comes to something like debating that translates into nasty ad-homs.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
Today 1:19 AM
-->

Not for short bursts but for long periods of time. Recently I haven't been able to organize any thought. I think things but I don't know what to do with such thoughts. I feel as if I'm trying to understand everything but I don't know where to start. I get ideas but I have no direction.
Suppose one is confronted by A and by B, not knowing much about either. Then one could stand back and say, off hand I'll pick A over B but since I don't know much about either, I'll abstain until I learn more. Here we have no confusion. Then one learns about A and about B and the mind is filled with both. If one wants to make a decision but still doesn't have enough information, confusion is normal. One's mind goes back and forth wanting to get things clear but can't.

On the other hand if there is no clear A or B and one is under some chemical influence or one is overwhelmed by something external or one has a brain mal-function out of one's control ... of which there are many accepted possibilities, one can also be confused.

To get this clear I'd want to know more about what is going through one's mind.

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->

I also get confused if overwhelmed by unfamiliar data. That is not true confusion though, because then I still understand why I am confused making dealing with the confusion easy in whatever way I should desire.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Yesterday 10:19 PM
-->

My mind is full of what...:kodama1:
This is most obvious for me when stressed. I am able to recall only the silhouette of data and it all comes at one time with no starting point. I believe this to be the function of intution. Simple connections and associations without any detailed and linear understanding.

A general sense of this always exists at the back of my mind but my concious mind is usually able to pull out and use information in logical fashion. This second part of the function, Ti, becomes disabled when I over extend myself. A vacation and piano music helps me.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->

One must be overwhelmed. A little bit of new data won't do the trick.

DaDaMan

Dissident Resident
Local time
-->

I've been feeling mentally confused for the last few days, in my particular situation, its a combination of insomnia and many heavy thoughts weighing on my mind.:storks:

hurricanejane

↓ It's called a butterphant ↓
Local time
Yesterday 11:19 PM
-->

I recently had about two weeks where my brain just didn't seem to focus ever. I couldn't handle thinking deeply about things, I couldn't remember basic things like the date or time, and every event seemed to blur together into a mush of confusion. I felt completely numb to everything around me and I blame these weeks on stress and depression. Not a fun time, I don't know what pulled me out of it but I would rather it not happen again.

NormannTheDoorman

Local time
-->
Why South Korea can beat North Korea in a war

I bet you all the SK generals play Starcraft 1 - 2.

Here is an actual classroom tutorial video that SK officers must watch and analyze.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dypEvuKbkA8

Obviously the zerg faction represents the North Korean army.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 1:19 PM
-->

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 6:19 PM
-->
Re: Why South Korea can beat North Korea in a war

Actually the Zerg are a good depiction of drone warefare whereas the North Koreans with their Cold War era weaponry are more like a well entrenched Terran army, lacking the late game firepower of the Protoss (United States forces) or the logistical power of the Zerg (the South Koreans, who are more committed to the war).

The South Koreans could overwhelm them and the Americans could bomb the shit out of them but nobody really wants to go to war, it's expensive.

NormannTheDoorman

Local time
-->
So I saw this striking similarity to the republic in my little pony friendship is magic

I forgot the name of the ideal city Plato speaks of

Polis polis or something to do with poles I guess idk..greeks loved poles

So like I noticed throughout the the series there was this form of government that seems strikingly familiar to something I read some time ago. Then one episode finally hit me in the head.

Hearths Warming Eve, in the episode there were 3 distinct classes they mentioned.

Earth Ponies worked the land and created most of the things. Sounds like producers to me.

Unicorns are in high positions of government and were into governing the place. Sounded like a description of guardians.

Pegasi ponies were the more militaristic of the 3 and managed the weather and other things like national defense against teh silly zerglings. Sounded like a description of auxiliaries to me.

Now, the ruler of the kingdom, Princess Celestia, promotes harmony and friendship throughout Equestria.

Honesty, Loyalty, Laughter, Generosity, Kindness, and Magic (Meth)

Everything but the meth sounds like something a philosopher king would try to promote throughout his kingdom.

So I thought to myself

"wow you're so original"

nope.avi

I googled for something similar to what I said and I found an article. They basically gave a better explanation than what I gave.

I felt like posting this before but for some reason I didn't feel brave enough to.

http://www.overthinkingit.com/2012/11/08/my-little-pony-plato/

NormannTheDoorman

Local time
-->
Re: So I saw this striking similarity to the republic in my little pony friendship is magic

I would post this on Politics but that place seems kind of dead.

NormannTheDoorman

Local time
-->
I want to battle in THE ARENA one day

What must I train in before I can go?

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Re: I want to battle in THE ARENA one day

reflect your time

and show it off, until your back goes out

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Stop making so many useless threads. Consider this an official warning.

NormannTheDoorman

Local time
-->

Stop making so many useless threads. Consider this an official warning.

This is the first time in like...

3 days.

NormannTheDoorman

Local time
-->

I suggest you take it seriously.

I am. Looking back I at least made 7 useless threads possibly another.

7 including this. I might have made more when I first started out.

NormannTheDoorman

Local time
-->
Could this be considered a social engineering scheme?

Or whatever the hell you call them.

Basically I came up with the idea of raiding a shipment of condoms and jabbing holes in them, also in the process without making them look like they were tampered with.

The holes would be large enough for just enough semen to pass through and impregnate the female.

Teen birth rates go up, birth rates just go up in general. Discussion about certain things come back from the grave.

A more controlled version of this was if I had control of the FDA and the companies making such condoms. I assume the FDA regulates them.

Same idea but a little more refined, and in this case I'm not some sloppy saboteur.

Local time
-->
Re: Could this be considered a social engineering scheme?

What would be the point though?

I also doubt any amount of sabotage would substantially increase birth rates.

NormannTheDoorman

Local time
-->

What would be the point though?

I also doubt any amount of sabotage would substantially increase birth rates.

When I was listening to Die Forelle variations by Schubert, I thought of some dastardly ways to amuse myself for several months.

I really don't know what this could be used for. I've tried to think of ways.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->

what if it could, what if it couldn't? you would just be better at categorizing stuff as somewhat feasible engineering schemes or not

NormannTheDoorman

Local time
-->
Automated highway idea

I came up with this idea while I was in the UK. Sitting there eating crumpets, I thought to myself, "Why dont we use supersonic jets for transatlantic travel instead of these mach .8 jets". And I also thought of why dont we have faster more fuel efficient cars?

So I came up with this idea. Automated highways.

Lets start.

The highway itself is like a Maglev train track. So that makes the cars move at high speeds and reduce gas usage.
That's the main point.
But what makes it automatic? It is a smart highway. It can control the traffic itself.
Lets say you enter at entrance A. But you want to exit at exit G. You would type that into the cars navigational computer. The highway will make sure that you get off at that point. (this is not detailed but just the general idea) The magnets will slow you down and others down just enough so you can transition into the exit lane without crashing.

Lets expand on this. This is just the general idea, I haven't gotten that far into it yet. I only posted this so people with something similar can share with everybody else.

Expand, post your idea of a automated highway system.

It didn't get as much attention as I thought it would in the S&T sub-forum. My first actual thread when I first joined.

Thought about reposting it here in The Lounge since this place seems pretty active.

http://intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=13590

I just watched a video recently on some new shopping district they are setting up in Saudi Arabia. Their underground transportation basically ran on this so there goes my dreams of actually making it irl ;_;

I can't remember the name but what they had were 4 seater cars that ran under the district.

NormannTheDoorman

Local time
-->

I keep forgetting that you guys have jobs and other things to attend to.

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Re: Automated highway idea

Dude, what did I just tell you?

NormannTheDoorman

Local time
-->

Dude, what did I just tell you?

How is this a useless thread?

It seems like it has good substance. At least in my eyes it does. At least, that is what I was told to post here in The Lounge, things with good substance.I would think that this thread is opening up room for discussion. Unless I've had a wrong idea about what The Lounge was to begin with.

NormannTheDoorman

Local time
-->

Question: is it a duplicate thread or not?

Don't know if it fits under that category. I quoted a thread and here it is in a new thread that has "other" material.

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->
Re: I belong here.

A kingdom of mindless threads..

and it looks like I'm the queen.
No...

it doesn't matter where I go on the internet.

I cant ever escape it.

I have to get out of here.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->

It could be feasible if carried out by a political agent hoping to create scenarios to make a candidate's campaign seem more ideal thus "electing" him and therefore having greater influence when it comes to certain decisions & goals?

nexion

coalescing in diffusion
Local time
-->

There is always the idea of doing of doing something for the hell of it and observing the consequences that action has, but I highly doubt there would really be any (statistically) visible consequences here, and thus there would be no repercussions and that would be boring.

If you really do happen to find a way to make teen pregnancy and pregnancy in general go up, though, it is your moral obligation to act on it. By all my reckonings, civilzation is due for an incurable and deadly disease that wipes up a large proportion of the population at any time, and the higher the population density, the more people this disease affects.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->

On a large enough scale it could be considered a social engineering scheme yes.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

It was like watching Chad Lite.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->

Don't know what you are doing, seeing, feeling.

As for me, I am here doing, seeing, feeling as long as I remain.

When I leave, and I can leave, it will be to go elsewhere to do, see, and feel.

I remember I was here and will return if you let me.

I will remember I was there and left for some reason.

It was to come here, to do, see, and feel.

How do you do, what do you see, and do you feel?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

taboo1-300x193.jpg

Do no evil.
See no evil.
Feel no evil.

Variform

Banned
Local time
-->

I keep forgetting that you guys have jobs and other things to attend to.

The world is overpopulated as it is. You wanna add more, sociopath? Let's have more kids that destroy Earth?

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->

taboo1-300x193.jpg

Do no evil.
See no evil.
Feel no evil.
I don't like to make absolute statements, but you seem to be against evil. Don't you ever monkey around?

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->

amg PNB is still around and now sports one of the best avatars

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

I don't like to make absolute statements, but you seem to be against evil. Don't you ever monkey around?

I can stay the course, I wouldn't dream of chimping out.

NormannTheDoorman

Local time
-->

The world is overpopulated as it is. You wanna add more, sociopath? Let's have more kids that destroy Earth?

That depends on where I am at in 20 years.

Variform

Banned
Local time
-->

Meaning what? Financial stats?

Top Bottom