• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Nintendo Switch

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 10:18 PM
-->
Anyone get one?

I happened upon one by mistake and have wanted to buy it, so I did. Seems there's only one game out right now, but Zelda is a surprisingly good game. It's like Dark Souls 3 in an open world made for exploration. You can pick up the weapons off dead enemies and items break after using them a bit. There's also a counter system for attacking, which I haven't seen. And you can make elixirs and food items to restore health and stats.

Maybe someone might want to play a multiplayer game like mario kart or mario party when they come out?

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
Today 8:18 AM
-->
I want one pretty badly, but my economic situation is a little on the bad side so I'm going to have to be content with getting the Wii u version of Zelda and waiting a few months to get the switch.
I'll be sure to get back to you once I get a switch though
^-^
(You lucky bastard)

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
Oh, you might as well wait then. Zelda is really the only game out right now. They also need to fix some things, like no bluetooth headphone support (despite having bluetooth) and no portable battery chargers. So for some reason standard usb-c battery packs don't charge it fast enough while playing a game; basically the power adapter sends 15v, instead of 5v, through the usb-c connector, but 5v will still charge it slowly. It's weird and I don't understand why they did that, especially when it only uses a 4,310mah battery. I mean my note 4 has I think a 3220mah battery and it charges very fast and just fine using 5v, so I'm perplexed on this design decision. Maybe the next version will fix this.

Nymus Anon

AnoNymus
Local time
Today 3:18 AM
-->
They were out of stock when my dad tried to get one, but I've seen somebody with one at my school, and it's pretty cool, and I want to get one when I can.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 1:18 AM
-->
Heard the launch sucked but I do want to try out Zelda, Smash Bros, and Street Fighter II and whatever else they have. Not sure about the $40 price tag for a port of HD Remix but it could breathe some new life in the game and Nintendo desperately needs some fighters (and an apparent arcade stick for the console) and some third party exclusives. They did have TvC but no one really played it. Nintendo's crowd have always focused on the Nintendo games but they're all maturing now. Ryu was in Smash 4 even though all Nintendo got was SFIV on handheld and there were some SF games on SNES I guess.

JimJambones

sPaCe CaDeT
Local time
Today 4:18 AM
-->
The switch looks like a lot of fun. It is a good console to supplement the PS4 I have. I do not have the money to spend on the Switch yet, so I bought the Breath of the Wild for our WiiU. So far, I really enjoy the game play.

JimJambones

sPaCe CaDeT
Local time
-->
I have been a Legend of Zelda fan for over twenty years!!

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
Im holding out for the holiday season for more games and hopefully bundles / price drop

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 7:18 PM
-->
Yes, I'm buying one as soon as I can be bothered going to the store.

I'll be able to play the Binding of Isaac anywhere (my favourite game of all time).

And Zelda and stuff. Whatever.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
17388920_1446954888657661_5180534924621762454_o.jpg

hah, I rode a deer. :)
Couldn't tame it though. Runs away every time I'd get off. :(

I saw a bear too though. Wonder if I can ride it. Maybe it has a honey tracker. :D

Nymus Anon

AnoNymus
Local time
-->
I want one...

I have been a Legend of Zelda fan for over twenty years!!

I haven't been around 20 years yet, but I've been a Zelda fan since I've been playing video games. :)

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
i want to play breath of wild so bad, i just sadly watch youtube vids of it constantly, i'm saving up to buy the whole deal

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
have no time for it, still working on finishing bloodborne and dark souls 3
perhaps i will buy it next payment dunnoooo
big dilema
to save or to spend it all :D
i think it doesn't look like my type of game even if it looks fun as fuck
i mean, i thought the same when i first saw trailers and gameplays of skyrim
and then it was a big dissapointment when i played it
felt way too open for me and like, all the places the same after a while

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
have no time for it, still working on finishing bloodborne and dark souls 3
perhaps i will buy it next payment dunnoooo
big dilema
to save or to spend it all :D
i think it doesn't look like my type of game even if it looks fun as fuck
i mean, i thought the same when i first saw trailers and gameplays of skyrim
and then it was a big dissapointment when i played it
felt way too open for me and like, all the places the same after a while

Mate the gameplay and object interaction is on another level, it's not like anything else, it's so rich. If you shoot electric arrows in the water it fries the fish, if you walk around with metal you get struck by lightening, animal and enemy AI is awesome, they learn your moves and adapt, they pick up your weapons if u drop them. Look : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EvbqxBUG_c

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Mate the gameplay and object interaction is on another level, it's not like anything else, it's so rich. If you shoot electric arrows in the water it fries the fish, if you walk around with metal you get struck by lightening, animal and enemy AI is awesome, they learn your moves and adapt, they pick up your weapons if u drop them. Look : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EvbqxBUG_c

i know. i saw several gameplays.
i like the weather changes and different landscapes, it looks like a gta in a way.
i'm not sure about the shrines system tho, it's so similar to skyrim dungeons. they seem to be boring. another major issue is bosses and also somehow this one seems to be the lightest zelda ever made, there's not much depth in the story, i would love to see something closer to majora's mask. damn that story and every element in the game were just perfect. i think that's why i love bloodborne so much.
main dungeons seem to be lacking something, they are more like big puzzles with no much personality to them. i really liked the way you get to the elephant one tho.
i mean it's a zelda game, it is fun for sure. my wallet and me will think of it.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Yeah I know what you mean about the shrines/dungeons lacking personality, they lack theme and differentiated atmospheres like in ocarina and majora, I think the story and world still has depth to it though, especially the whole mythological aspect from what I can see, and I love that it integrates technology

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
Still haven't got one. EB Games is like 8 minutes walk away. And I'd have to walk through a mall to get there. A mall. Ew.

I really hope people in the third world appreciate the absence of these problems in their lives...

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
It's called the internet. You buy stuff and it comes right to your house, you lazy shit. ;)

edit: on second thought, I guess they are still sold out online. Wow, it's like Nintendo wasn't planning to sell that many.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
it's a shame they add around almost 100 euros for the two coloured controller :D
i still remember when i bought dark souls 1 with artorias dlc included for 19.90 euros in a store in the center. it was the last copy they said and no other place had it.
no. need. to wait.

TAC

Inspectorist
Local time
-->
Dark souls makes me happy even though the mushroom men got slaughtered by those useless ghru people. I hope this new zelda will bring me happiness as well. I mean, I haven't played a zelda game I haven't liked in a long time. I have purchased the game because I got it on sale about %25 cheaper than retail. Now i shall wait until the system becomes available.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
It's called the internet. You buy stuff and it comes right to your house, you lazy shit. ;)

edit: on second thought, I guess they are still sold out online. Wow, it's like Nintendo wasn't planning to sell that many.

I'm never around to collect packages. I can get it delivered to work, but I still manage to miss it every time. And the walk to collect the package is further than EB games.

Don't think I haven't thought this through :)

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
Got off my ass and bought it. Pretty amazing. The shop is pretty bare though. Bought a couple of games anyway to play. I'll get Zelda tomorrow.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
K I ordered it with Breath of wild fuck eating and stuff. financial responsibility is overrated anyway. Also tmb it was same price for dual colored controllers dunno what you're on about.

Guess I can just watch link eating and feel replenished that way.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
K I ordered it with Breath of wild fuck eating and stuff. financial responsibility is overrated anyway. Also tmb it was same price for dual colored controllers dunno what you're on about.

Guess I can just watch link eating and feel replenished that way.

[BIMG]http://i.imgur.com/oGSCGX8.png[/BIMG]

one of the most popular places here to buy electronic stuff

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
reason why i'm not buying the switch: my new gf

[BIMG]http://i.imgur.com/pOe7uOA.png[/BIMG]

[BIMG]http://i.imgur.com/tPVvDEp.png[/BIMG]

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
I bought it from Fnac in France was 300, guess it's adapted to demand and stock? Sucks to be Spanish I guess :D such bastards hey ?

HAVE fun with ur new curvy gf, I'll be watching link running around naked in the wild.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
im wondering if any game is going to be even half as good as BoW on this console, kind of sucks to buy one for just one game, if anybody spots one that's worth buying let me know.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
BotW was fucking amazing. I've beaten Ganon, who was a bit of a let-down (actually, all the boss fights were a bit anticlimactic) and I'm starting to run out of things to do.

Looking forward to Mario Kart (I've played on my former housemate's Wii, and it was great fun)

Super Mario Odyssey should be released this year. That should be pretty good.

Binding of Isaac should be out soon. Damn delays.

Yooka-Laylee has teceived a bit of hype. Might be good.

Other than that, portable Minecraft and Skyrim have me interested.

I guess thats about it. Not that much going on with the new console just yet, but it was the same when I got my PS4. Took a while for anything good to happen. Then Rocket League happened.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Yooka-Laylee has teceived a bit of hype. Might be good.

Yooka-Laylee is kinda up and down right now. Apparently it's not as good as Banjo Kazooie but that's kinda the tallest order anyway so it's hard to tell.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
im wondering if any game is going to be even half as good as BoW on this console, kind of sucks to buy one for just one game, if anybody spots one that's worth buying let me know.

...I hope that doesn't happen. First console I've bought, since the original playstation. :(

I think if they get good third party support, there will be plenty of good or interesting games. If not, I'm sticking to computer games.

Nymus Anon

AnoNymus
Local time
-->
BotW was fucking amazing. I've beaten Ganon, who was a bit of a let-down (actually, all the boss fights were a bit anticlimactic) and I'm starting to run out of things to do.

I've heard that the good versions of the lynels are the toughest enemies in the game. I've fought the weak type near the zoras and it was pretty good.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Yooka-Laylee is kinda up and down right now. Apparently it's not as good as Banjo Kazooie but that's kinda the tallest order anyway so it's hard to tell.

BK is one of my favorite games of all time, and I'm not interested in playing a subpar modern version of it, I can just play Banjo and Kazooie and not get an empty feeling of failed expectations :D Can't they come up with original and charismatic stuff for the wii u like they did so well for Nintendo 64 ? I want a 2nd nintendo golden age so I get to feel nostalgic in 15 years time again. FIngers crossed ! Fantastic start with Zelda.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 9:18 AM
-->
Nintendo consoles have had mostly shit games since n64 according to what types of games I tend to play, I don't really think that will change with switch. Not going to buy it just for zelda. I hope my sibling buys it so I can borrow it someday :angel:

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Nintendo consoles have had mostly shit games since n64 according to what types of games I tend to play, I don't really think that will change with switch. Not going to buy it just for zelda. I hope my sibling buys it so I can borrow it someday :angel:

Right? Luigi's mansion was pretty fun, so was mario sunshine and a few other games I had for the GC. But by that point Nintendo was deep into cannibalizing its popular series and began to focus on too many kid friendly games.

If anyone wants to still play BoTW and have difficulty getting a switch, you can get an emulator for the Wii version. There are HD packs available for dl.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
Nintendo just tried to focus on "innovation" too much and still does, always a generation behind whatever other big names were making games and consoles (Sony, Microsoft). There never was a console war, just a bad market war. Sunshine was supposed to be a sequel to 64 but they added F.L.U.D.D. as a mechanism. They were mostly the same games we had growing up which could have made it harder for adults to truly relate to or enjoy.

For instance I haven't really heard a lot of buzz for Star Fox Zero even though SF64 is one of the best games ever. Nostalgically it holds up for what it is. I haven't even played zero but I'm sure it serves its purpose. That's Nintendo's strategy. They have to cater to it... They are behind in online play which the market finds important. Your average Johnny just trying to enjoy Zelda or Mario wouldn't necessarily care about it.

You can blame Microsoft for buying Rare from Nintendo and making shitty BK like games on the first X-Box (Grabbed by the Ghoulies). Mario 64 is kind of better than Banjo Kazooie but it's still fun. It's more comparable to DK 64. But it's real linear and playable. There's only one mission where you have to backtrack otherwise you can really play it in order. And that's at Freezeezy Peak. And the final boss is actually pretty hard, or was for me.

It's a classic sure but I find Banjo Tooie a much more harder game. Honestly, I still haven't finished it to this day. There's a lot of backtracking and running around with different characters, I don't think you're supposed to play it like the first. Plus all the worlds are connected which is weird. I stopped playing for a while then when I came back I mostly forgot what I was even doing. I wonder if anyone ever beat it without using a guide. Seems to take all the fun out of it. I should focus more on it instead of playing for like 30 minutes and getting distracted. I like the theme park level though.

For example you can't even get all the jiggies at the first world before you have to move on, learn some new moves then come back. It's turned up to infinite in this one. You'd probably be surprised by what you can accomplish, plus Banjo can hang from ledges now.

Haven't played any Zelda games in a while. Grew up with siblings and a gamer father so I mostly just watched them play Ocarina. I didn't care. Played Oracle of Seasons and DX on GBC and they were fun. But I almost want to say Zelda is overrated. From my perspective. It exists as a conglomerate for fan boys/girls to cling to in moments of desperation after needing to feel nerdy enough and belong, it's a club to meet other people and enjoy Zelda.

Link has always sucked in Smash Bros but he's good in the latest one. Any character is. Depends on luck, skill.

Surprised they haven't made a new F-Zero. GX was a masterpiece of work. Even an HD port with online capability would be welcome. Maybe they'll make one for the Switch. I'm a little compelled to get one since everyone I know. Nintendo is finally growing up. Some suspect they'll die before becoming another Sony or Microsoft, where you could play DVDs and movies on the console. They have a so called integrity.

I want to start playing more Zelda. I felt proud for the progress I made in Majora's Mask. It can have that effect. It's bound with action and puzzles. Should I start with Wind Waker and go on? Have been hearing nothing but good things from the newest one. That four player one on DS was fun but my coplayer didn't want to play it anymore.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
Anybody want to play Mario Kart?...lol

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
Anybody want to play Mario Kart?...lol

Fuck yeah I do! I'm no longer interested in racing the bots...

These days I've just been using the Switch for satiating my Minecraft needs. It's defs my favourite platform for it (I suck at impulse control and consequently own it on just about everything - PC, MAC, Switch, XBOX 360, PS4, iOS). I prefer it on the switch solely because I can play it everywhere I damn well please. I don't care that it doesn't have mods or whatever else. I prefer vanilla minecraft anyway.

Also, if you haven't already tried it, Snipperclips is a pretty damn incredible game.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
Alright. Here's mah friend code

SW-8340-0139-0143

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
Added. I'm the one with a picture of princess peach on a hot pink background. Not sure what name will come up.

TAC

Inspectorist
Local time
-->
see making friends isnt hard for us
I will post friend code when I get around to it. I'll teach you all how to play Mario Kart and Street Fighter II :P

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Zealda is the onl y game that is good on switch.

I am or may not be drunk.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
^ monster hunter was announced. That should be a good game.

RubisDrake

Dragon Boy
Local time
-->
Monster Hunter on Nintendo Switch (and under $300) for me to buy.

Do it Capcom faggots~

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
I've been playing zelda, and I have to say I'm surprised. The world is supposed to be huge, but there's nothing interesting to discover compared to other open world games. You have a very few select of things that are interesting to discover by exploration. Wont name them to spoil.

In the previous games, some of the interest and mystery was coming across people or odd things in nature that when solved gave you interesting rewards, either masks, useful items or heart containers. In breath of the wild, the things you are rewarded with by exploring is shrines and seeds. Talking to people and doing quests rewards you with boring items such as rupees or meals. Heart containers and stamina comes from doing repetitive content like shrines.

They removed the interesting aspects of zelda and replaced them with repetition. The thing you are left with is an open, uninteresting world of repetition and no soul. I consider breath of the wild a game for people who like completionist games, but not a game for those who enjoy story and mystery

Btw I have yet to finish it, I've done all the divine beasts, but haven't been to the castle. But the main story is secondary in open world game imo.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 5:48 PM
-->
That's the first negative review of the zelda game I've heard. I've had fully grown men drooling as they relate their exploits in the most exquisite (and long-winded) detail.

You're such a downer Minu!

I haven't played it though...

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
That's the first negative review of the zelda game I've heard. I've had fully grown men drooling as they relate their exploits in the most exquisite (and long-winded) detail.

You're such a downer Minu!

I haven't played it though...

It's pretty good but she's not wrong. Aka I enjoy it but it's a valid criticism for sure.

That said I haven't even beaten the first divine beast

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
What people enjoy in games is different, ofc. Zelda probably has its appeal, maybe a lot among zelda fans from old. I mean, loving zelda since you were 8 and getting to experience an open world game of zeldaness? I still have some difficulty seeing how you could enjoy it hours on end, though. Only reason I've played as much as I have is due to my completionist tendencies. I want to like it because I have nothing else to play atm, but I'm having difficulty bothering going through the final dungeon. I'm definitively not going to listen through 900 yahahas

But I do acknowledge I tend to enjoy mystery, lore and story more. Zelda is not appealing to that type of player. Except, perhaps if you are well versed in the zelda universe and recognize a lot of ruins and landscapes. I don't know if that is a thing as I have only played like 4 zelda games prior to botw

(Also, one of major peeves was the voice acting which I found overly childish. Seeing as they are such an old franchise with fans who are 30-40+ did they need to make it that childish? I switched to Japanese voicing which made me slightly less able to pick up on it, but still)

What did you like about it, gopher?

Top Bottom