• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

new xbox 360 vs ps3 [thread split]

the other one

Redshirt
Local time
Today 4:21 AM
-->
ive heard that microsoft have now upgraded the xbox 360s but only the arcade models by putting the new jasper motherboard and gpu in them although all elite models will still have the old falcon set which makes the arcade better than the elite

also microsoft have stopped putting hd dvd drives in elites as no one used them which will lower the price hugely

still ps3 think a blu ray drive is better which personaly i see no differance in them but you do pay heavily for the blu ray drive it adds £200 to the price
but is it worth it ????

Local time
-->
Re: new xbox 360 vs ps3

I have both. I prefer the Xbox 360 for the games it has, but the Playstation 3 is certainly fun.

Cegorach

Local time
Yesterday 9:21 PM
-->

I agree with FacetiousPersona, I also own both. :D
The PS3 is worth it if you're a huge fan of the Final Fantasy series or if you absolutely require all movies to be in HD or want to play blu-ray, if you want the most value out of your purchase I suggest the Xbox360, it has most of the other favorable games.

Local time
-->

I agree with FacetiousPersona, I also own both.:D
The PS3 is worth it if you're a huge fan of the Final Fantasy series or if you absolutely require all movies to be in HD or if you want to play blu-ray, if you want the most value out of your purchase I suggest the Xbox360, it has most of the other favorable games.

You forgot Metal Gear Solid. I enjoyed the 4th game a lot.

Cegorach

Local time
-->

Dammit, You're right! I should be shot for my blasphemy!

Cegorach

Local time
-->

I have it all set up.... for some reason I haven't bothered playing online yet.

Local time
-->

The competition online is fun.

Cegorach

Local time
-->

To be honest, I don't have much of a drive to compete.
They should give me a sportsmanship ribbon... or a shiny button... I've always wanted a shiny button!

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 5:21 AM
-->

Thread split. Please come back to consoles and stuff.

inerTia

Local time
Yesterday 11:21 PM
-->
This post maybe late, but I can not see that ms, not replace the boards in the elite machines because, on 65nm the lower material and cost of fabricating such board, will cost less, so improving the profits, it makes sense that they will replace it. With Jasper boards, it will only increase there profits, besides that Jasper boards require less wattage, so another decrease in heat and power consumption, so that even the power supply will be reduced in stress & material, another key to lowering the prices of the xbox 360 and increasing profits if one were not to lower the pricing.

On the other hand the ps3 does not require one to pay for online services, so you can play the games online for free. Besides that the two machines are quite similar in regards, that they are both embedded machines with a set standard, so any games that are created will be balanced to some degree, but this is assuming that the code is error free, and no changes has been made that significantly changes the game, despite that most significant is parallel programing on these embedded system.

Besides those points, the ps3 seems to utilize more established standards so as to having hard drives replacement at a fraction of the cost of the xbox 360, even than the xbox 360 does use the same hard drive interfaces, its just that they have locked the drives, so one has to mod a drive for it to work with the xbox 360 which may lead to even bans, abit of a propertary practice one could say.

One should really base the purcahse of a system based on the game really. Since both systems are just similar set of standards, games are both ported between the two, of course there are personal factors such as comfort with controls, download content and advantages of a controller. ie in street fighter iv, one may have a lower advantage versus a ps3 controller due to if just using the directional pad, the 360's directional pad is tight, when pressing one direction an acidental trigger of the oposite direction may happen, versus the latter controller. But this is just speaking of a stock controller, of course any consumer may purchase an after market controller.

Another problem is that between the two same copies of the game ported between each system, there are problems, in terms of bugs or graphical glitches, ie Dragon ball z on the ps3 and xbox 360, or Assassins Creed on the ps3 and xbox 360, especially on the computer. Ports between these platforms do prove that they either are done well or poorly.

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
Today 5:21 AM
-->
They should just make an system that can load emulators. Forget console wars and such: emulators means the consumer wins.

inerTia

Local time
Yesterday 11:21 PM
-->
Well they do have many emulators, its just that it takes way too long for some one to make one! But I love emulators, too bad these companies always want to fight and not form a standard which is compatible, xbox live vs psn, quite dumb to split the player base.

Top Bottom