• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

new tab

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 2:28 PM
-->
if you have an office job or live with parents or prudent flatmates:

do you find a huge accumulated stack of "new tabs" in your browser at the end of a computer session?

please dump thoughts and feels regarding this pattern.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Today 7:28 AM
-->
I hate sharing computers as they end up with lots of new tabs of stuff I don't care about. Worse I'm never logged out so Google starts targeting me for meditation or 'feminine' issues. Ahem.

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
Today 9:28 AM
-->
I hate sharing computers as they end up with lots of new tabs of stuff I don't care about. Worse I'm never logged out so Google starts targeting me for meditation or 'feminine' issues. Ahem.

Hahaha! :) Your INFJ seems to be firing on all cylinders, though.

-Duxwing

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
Hahaha! :) Your INFJ seems to be firing on all cylinders, though.

How'd you guess :eek:. I also get tabs on obscure artists and bands, alternative education, odd pop culture references, bizarre medical conditions, etc. Otherwise I think her biggest issue is inferior management (obsession with beauty and difficulty with making it, and perfectionism).

Duxwing

Local time
-->
How'd you guess :eek:. I also get tabs on obscure artists and bands, alternative education, odd pop culture references, bizarre medical conditions, etc. Otherwise I think her biggest issue is inferior management (obsession with beauty and difficulty with making it, and perfectionism).

I had a hunch that your wife was the culprit because meditation is a very Ni activity, and to my knowledge, only one person who would have access to your computer needs help with "feminine issues".

If you'd permit a functional breakdown of the tabs: The obscure artists and bands are Ni for the meaning, Fe for the emotions, and Se for the music; alternative education is Ni for the idea and Ti for the logic; I have no idea what the odd pop culture references act on--Se perhaps; and bizarre medical conditions usually are Ni because she's exploring a possibility (and perhaps getting worried sick doing it).

Perhaps articles on inferior Se management exist? My only advice--if you haven't already done the following--is to try to point out her obsession to her when it crops up and offer ways to mitigate the behavior and correct the thoughts beneath. I hope that she gets better! :)

-Duxwing

Solitaire U.

Last of the V-8 Interceptors
Local time
Today 6:28 AM
-->
Three users on this comp. Me, my 12 and 9 year old sons:
INTPf x2 (me)
Facebook Plants vs. Zombies (9 year old)
Google Translate (all 3 of us, probably)
Alt Sex Stories text repository search engine (me, oops!)
YouTube ('10 minutes of skinny women with biiig butts' wtf? Not me! 12 year old, probably.)
'Problem loading page'
'Angelina Jolee' Wikipedia page (apparently my perverted 12 year old likes to keep, ahem...abreast of her...breasts.)
'Nifty Erotic...' oh fuck! NOT ME, I SWEAR!! :)

I never payed close attention to 'tabs', till now. For the most part, NoScript keeps the Google psych analyzer at bay, thank Dog.

Oh well, now I know... "Perverted Zombies R Us" How embarrassing...

Duxwing

Local time
-->
I'm my only user on all my computers and keep a password lock on each.

-Duxwing

Solitaire U.

Last of the V-8 Interceptors
Local time
-->
I'm my only user on all my computers and keep a password lock on each.

-Duxwing

If you're the only user, why do you need the password lock? What are you hiding, Duxwing??? :)

Duxwing

Local time
-->
If you're the only user, why do you need the password lock? What are you hiding, Duxwing??? :)

Hehehehe! :) That's a good question, actually. I use a password lock so that people passing through can't give into the urge to check.

-Duxwing

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
I guess it'd be interesting sharing a PC just to see all the extra tabs that pop up. I use a laptop.
There was this group of 4-6 mates who's house I use to go to a few years ago... They had this one computer set up and I'd use it sometimes. Since like 4 people lived there whenever I'd get on the comp there'd be all these different tabs open and it was always interesting seeing what other people were looking at. Also on craigslist the "women looking for men" link was purple meaning someone clicked on it previously, so that was interesting to see.

Nezaros

Highly Irregular
Local time
-->
I don't share any of my technological devices but I still manage to get two dozen tabs open at once from time to time. People never fail to comment on it.

Top Bottom