• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

New here, gonna share some art.

Pistoli

run.
Local time
Today 9:23 AM
-->
Here you go,

my art <-- dA page.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 284

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
Today 2:23 AM
-->
Very nice. I like the one "Little Run" and the self portrait the best off the first page.

What are the mediums you use most/like best?

Czech Yes or No

Personality is only a small part of your person.
Local time
Today 4:23 AM
-->
Cool, you took the suggestion. You might even want to open this thread up to all people who want to post art in whatever category ^that was.

Pistoli

run.
Local time
-->
What are the mediums you use most/like best?

I just use photoshop and tablet.. I want to use traditional mediums though in the future...

Cool, you took the suggestion. You might even want to open this thread up to all people who want to post art in whatever category ^that was.

What do you mean? Like change the thread topic to "public art dump"? I'm not too savvy with message boards. "Public art dump"..could be misleading. Any suggestions?

Czech Yes or No

Personality is only a small part of your person.
Local time
Today 4:23 AM
-->
I just use photoshop and tablet.. I want to use traditional mediums though in the future...

What do you mean? Like change the thread topic to "public art dump"? I'm not too savvy with message boards. "Public art dump"..could be misleading. Any suggestions?

No! I did not mean to be insulting. I only meant to suggest that you decide on a "genre" for your art. You might then be able to open up your designs to more viewers. Just trying to help.:slashnew:

Pistoli

run.
Local time
-->
You don't have to Czech yourself. I was 0% offended. I think I just missed the boat on that one. What would you call my style or genre? Kinda surreal, some times Pop, digital folk art?

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
-->
Digital Folk Art.

I think you should all it that just because I like the way it sounds,

Pistoli

run.
Local time
-->
crap, it's not possible to rename threads...or is it?

Moocow

Semantic Nitpicker
Local time
Today 5:23 AM
-->
I disagree. I think it's perfectly fine to have a thread dedicated to your own artwork without any particular genre or classification. We naturally would like our art to be viewed in isolation, and if compared, only to others done by ourselves. Generalizing the thread out to everyone would degrade the focus and attention an artist cherishes in his audience. Also, I don't think classification benefits you, the artist, at all.

That being said, I'm glad to see another artist working towards a semi-traditional technique and perhaps in the future, mediums. If you are willing to commit, I can see potential in your dark and expressive figures and portraits. I recommend looking at Maya Kulenovic: http://www.mayakulenovic.com/

And I most certainly recommend using a traditional medium if you get the chance! I think, if you enjoy playing with portraits, faces, and lighting, you may find more versatility in oil painting. There are a few things that need to be learned concerning the proper use of the chemistry involved, but other than that I've found it liberating compared to drawing digitally.

Spaz

I Need Toilet Paper
Local time
-->
Very nice. I love art which shows bizarre creatures :)

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
There have been days when I felt like a one-eyed exposed-brain mutant. I can relate to this art. :) Nice work.

Pistoli

run.
Local time
-->
179125_3742993166794_709720126_n.jpg

181822_3739063388552_1694207657_n.jpg

538224_3731144070574_440599072_n.jpg

Moocow, you're right. I've left behind digital painting for now to explore traditional mediums. Finding new techniques has had a positive effect.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
[bIMGx=200]http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/179125_3742993166794_709720126_n.jpg[/bIMGx]

That really looks like Don Vito.

Moocow

Semantic Nitpicker
Local time
-->
Moocow, you're right. I've left behind digital painting for now to explore traditional mediums. Finding new techniques has had a positive effect.

Wow, those look great! What medium are the last 2?

RedN

Local time
-->
hey i love your art! i like the one titled CV too!!! its so adorable :elephant:

Top Bottom