• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

NARCISSIC RANT: PLEASE LET US ALL REMIND THE JOYS OF BEING INTP AGAIN and again and again

WALKYRIA

Local time
Today 6:27 AM
-->
Hey guys, ok, it's been a year or two I've been here and I'm seriously bothered by the reflections I get out of INTPs here, constantly, chronically, all the freaking time on this forum and with pther intp fora also.... depression; mental issues; focusing on one's worst parts/ less brighter side; pessimism; isolation; social anxiety; weirdness; failure at work and school; unability to cope with stress...Etc.
While all the other types are busy defending their grounds; we and our fellow I**Ps are just standing there, apathetic, humble, objective but stagnant; nihilizing our victories and hyperfocussing on our lost battles.

Shit; I'm fed up with all this negative spirals; Now I want you to state here all your positive points; all the greatest victories you ever had; forget humility; scream it loud; don't give a shit about being self-biased or lacking objectivity; all the great things you evr achieved; things you are prooud of... Yes you can.. go... NARCISSIC RANT !:kodama1:

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 5:27 PM
-->
Okay! In this last year I found out I was an INFP! BEST thing that has ever happened to me! I suddenly was able to paint and sing and play instruments and became the very embodiment of emotionally stable and mature. With this new power I became a unicorn rider and decided to leave the depression of INTP'ness behind.

So yeah the best part about being an INTP was realising I'm an INFP. Maybe.... :D

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
I Never study but at the very least pass everything. Mostly that is, in total states of apathy which I have explored More recently I am unable to do anything whatsoever, even getting up and going to an exam. Fucking hate school but naturally curious so able to pay minimum attention and self-educate on the side. Awesome open minded crazy friends. Vivid imagination, can shut my eyes and entertain myself for hours (total waste of time mostly though). Possibly INFJ though.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
OMG I'M AMAZEBALLS

:elephant: ridin' that elephant like nobody else can.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Yesterday 11:27 PM
-->
It seems I am not the typical INTP then. I wonder how many are just INFP...

I defend myself. I am just careful doing it. I think a lot of people choose the route of defending themselves and then butcher it because their drive to the goal makes them unable to find a realistic approach. I also wonder if an INTP feels less entitled to certain things. I would say if their is something an INTP feels entitled to it is adequate information.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
Today 7:27 AM
-->
It's what INTPs do best. Finding weak points in the system. I don't view the things you mention as negativity. Well, yes. It may be said to focusing on negative aspects. But one will never be stronger then ones weakest link. So improving that, improves the whole system. Ergo. The result is positive.

When I look at a engine, a wireless network or whatever, I will be interested in the weak/broken aspects. Because that enables me to fix it. Take it over, or whatever.

I suppose that is something I can be proud of, seeing the "positive" in the "negative" ;)

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 2:27 AM
-->
Hey guys, ok, it's been a year or two I've been here and I'm seriously bothered by the reflections I get out of INTPs here, constantly, chronically, all the freaking time on this forum and with pther intp fora also.... depression; mental issues; focusing on one's worst parts/ less brighter side; pessimism; isolation; social anxiety; weirdness; failure at work and school; unability to cope with stress...Etc.
While all the other types are busy defending their grounds; we and our fellow I**Ps are just standing there, apathetic, humble, objective but stagnant; nihilizing our victories and hyperfocussing on our lost battles.

Shit; I'm fed up with all this negative spirals; Now I want you to state here all your positive points; all the greatest victories you ever had; forget humility; scream it loud; don't give a shit about being self-biased or lacking objectivity; all the great things you evr achieved; things you are prooud of... Yes you can.. go... NARCISSIC RANT !:kodama1:

Hey, uh... I've been doing just fine. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

OMG I'M AMAZEBALLS

:elephant: ridin' that elephant like nobody else can.

There's a big elephant outside that Kmart and my pocket's full of quarters!!

YEEEEEHAWWWWWW!!!!!

Okay! In this last year I found out I was an INFP! BEST thing that has ever happened to me! I suddenly was able to paint and sing and play instruments and became the very embodiment of emotionally stable and mature. With this new power I became a unicorn rider and decided to leave the depression of INTP'ness behind.

So yeah the best part about being an INTP was realising I'm an INFP. Maybe.... :D

Sigh. You're such a goob.

smiley-love051.gif

Solitaire U.

Last of the V-8 Interceptors
Local time
Yesterday 11:27 PM
-->
The greatest joy of being an INTP is being in reality an ISTP.

Actually, I find great joy in just being. :)

Regardless, I think I'm way past patriotic MBTI associations.

WALKYRIA

Local time
-->
It may be said to focusing on negative aspects. But one will never be stronger then ones weakest link. So improving that, improves the whole system. Ergo. The result is positive.
I have found that many INTPs operate like that; wanting to get better with our weaker points in life in order to be well-rounded("secretely we want to meet our self-imposed high standards") thus taking on multiple challenges and in a martyr-like way going through self-inflicted pain... But the idea that by working on the weaker points one becomes overall better is just theory and only theory and everyone knows how safe theory land is ; In real life, things get complicated and when the challenge is impossible or just plain hard can generate collateral damages in addition such as emotional burdens, mental issues, misanthropy, social isolation, feelings of worthlessness...Etc
Maybe growth comes in exchange of a big price..

Anktark

of the swarm
Local time
Today 8:27 AM
-->
I am a characteristically calm, content, childishly canny, captious, casual, certainly cerebral and civil, but complacent bastard. Am I complaisant enough or should I continue?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I am a characteristically calm, content, childishly canny, captious, casual, certainly cerebral and civil, but complacent bastard. Am I complaisant enough or should I continue?

^^ cray-cray

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Joys of INTP : Knowing how MBTI is a story and does not apply to reality.

I see flaws in that sentence, therefore I like it.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Today 12:27 AM
-->
I'm rich, successful, in fact have succeeded at everything I tried, have a beautiful wife and a wonderful son. Fuck you, I'm also an INTP and I haven't even used my peculiar capabilities to their fullest to achieve these ends.

Hows that?

sallieran

hopefully not a Redshirt
Local time
-->
I'm pretty smart, happy with my own company, open minded, and always striving to become the best version of myself. INTP's are the breakthrough thinkers of the world. We solve conceptual problems no other type is able to perceive, and our deep thoughts when combined with action have brought about the most positive and productive achievements the world has ever seen.

Being an INTP does not make you one dimensional. Remember that it is a combination of things you favor mostly over another... because we think does not mean we do not feel but rather that thinking beats feeling in a fistfight 9x/10. Because we are introverted does not mean we wish to exclude all people from our lives, but that the people we choose to invite into our circles are worthwhile. Intuition means we make connections that other people do not: details are just details, but we see trends and patterns that allow us to use our intelligence to predict and plan. As perceivers we keep open minds and open schedules. We take every advantage of the moment and give ourselves leeway to make the better decision instead of a snap decision.:king-twitter:

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 1:27 AM
-->
Why the hell would you let something like MBTI tie you down. Its not like its magic or something. I view it like I view an IQ test now days. I just don't let things like that govern my life anymore. There is no reason to. Architect can because everything he touches turns to gold because he has very strong will power. It is unrealistic to think Architects life is realistic. IMHO I think Architect has not had to struggle like some people which makes life a whole lot easier for him. I'm not trying to take anything away from Arch, he has had to work hard to get where he is whether he admits that or not. But there are some difficult unchangeable circumstances he has not experienced. Let me put it to you this way. Its like Arch has had a really good mentor his whole life since the day he was born. For the rest of us there are really difficult things we have to face with no help in sight. This complicates us and makes us less than perfect. But if we learn from mistakes we will have a bright future ahead of us.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 2:27 PM
-->
I am me :)

Top Bottom