• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Mystery: Did My Bathroom Travel Back In Time?

Lateral

Too busy thinking to make any decisions.
Local time
Today 4:10 AM
-->
Okay, so I've been trying to figure this out since yesterday and I thought maybe some of my fellow INTPs might be able to help.

I have a hard time waking up on time, so I have three alarm clocks (two in my bathroom and one next to my bed.) One of the ones in my bathroom is battery powered, the other two are plugged into the wall.

Usually I have them set to go off at 3 minute intervals, but yesterday morning only the one next to my bed went off, which is supposed to be the last one.

Half awake, I got up and checked the other two in my bathroom and found that they were both set an hour back.

I've been boggling my mind trying to figure out how this could possible have happened. My family had been gone for a couple days, so it couldn't have been someone playing a trick. I didn't mess with them at all, but even if I had accidentally hit a button, they would have gone forward, not back. It couldn't have been a power outage, because one of them is battery powered. And the time changed happened back on the 11th and it went forward, so it couldn't be that.

The only logical explanation I can come up with is that my bathroom traveled back in time.

Thoughts?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 3:10 AM
-->
Uh...

Daylight savings time change? You changed one of the clocks but not the others, or, more believable, one of your clocks is hooked up to a satellite.

Lateral

Local time
-->
Like I said, the change was on the 11th, they were working fine until yesterday morning. And the time change would have set them forward, not back.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 7:10 PM
-->
Like I said, the change was on the 11th, they were working fine until yesterday morning. And the time change would have set them forward, not back.

Okay so you're saying they were set back, and you didn't wake up? That doesn't add up clearly your bathroom went 23 hours into the future instead.

Lateral

Local time
-->
Okay so you're saying they were set back, and you didn't wake up? That doesn't add up clearly your bathroom went 23 hours into the future instead.
That is also a possibility lol. It doesn't add up for me either, that's why I'm trying to figure it out.

Edit: Obviously, it happened sometime before they would have gone off so if they went an hour back or if they went 23 hours forward wouldn't make much difference.

Last edited:

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 4:10 PM
-->
Maybe there was an electrical issue in the bathroom itself which messed up the alarms/timekeeping device? I assume these are plugged rather than battery operated clocks?

Of course I can just add your bathroom in my list of time-travelling devices. My top choice for time-travelling is of course, booze :D .

Lateral

Local time
-->
Maybe there was an electrical issue in the bathroom itself which messed up the alarms/timekeeping device? I assume these are plugged rather than battery operated clocks?

Of course I can just add your bathroom in my list of time-travelling devices. My top choice for time-travelling is of course, booze :D .

Lol. One of them was battery powered, one was plugged in. Does EMP affect things that are battery powered? That's the only thing I can think of.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
Lol. One of them was battery powered, one was plugged in. Does EMP affect things that are battery powered? That's the only thing I can think of.

I'm looking at some potential culprits online. I think the closest probable cause are electrical spikes and EMP's caused by lightning and other natural phenomena. The batteries themselves might not be affected but the clock's electronic parts can be. Of course, you might just have toilet gremlins :D .

Lateral

Local time
-->
Hmm... Looking back at the weather report, it's been clear and sunny since the 21st where it was partly cloudy. I don't remember any lightning, either. Maybe some other electrical issue that caused an EMP?

Last edited:

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->

Lateral

Local time
-->
Hmm... It doesn't explain why it would only affect my bathroom and not affect my computer which sits directly on the other side of the wall.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:10 AM
-->
Clearly the one in your room adjusted for the daylight saving time automatically whereas the others didn't..

Alternatively, there was a disruption in the space-time manifold near your bathroom, but you know... Occam's razor etc.

Last edited:

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 2:10 AM
-->

Lateral

Local time
-->
Clearly the one in your room adjusted for the daylight saving time automatically whereas the others didn't..

Alternatively, there was a disruption in the space-time manifold near your bathroom, but you know... Occam's razor etc.
On the 11th, I adjusted all of them for daylight savings time. The one in my room that didn't change reads the same as my phone. The ones in my bathroom now read an hour behind.

All of the alarms, however, were working until yesterday morning.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
On the 11th, I adjusted all of them for daylight savings time. The one in my room that didn't change reads the same as my phone. The ones in my bathroom now read an hour behind.

All of the alarms, however, were working until yesterday morning.

It's pretty normal to have a lapse in judgement.

Lateral

Local time
-->
It's pretty normal to have a lapse in judgement.
Yes, but the alarms go off in this order:

Bathroom alarm #1
3 mins later...
Bathroom alarm #2
3 mins later...
Bedroom alarm

I've had it like this for almost 2 years, so it's become part of my daily routine.

Yesterday morning when my bedroom alarm was the first to go off, I was very confused.

If I had accidentally set both of the bathroom clocks back an hour instead of forward, I would have noticed this on the 12th.

Not to mention that in order to set the clocks back an hour, I would have had to click them 23 times, as there is no hour back button, only forward.

Lateral

Local time
-->
The biggest mystery here is why I'm still procrastinating on fixing them lmao.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I have a big mystery myself today: how the fuck haven't I started to clean my apartment yet? I planned to do it 3 weeks ago but the plan is yet to materialize. There are large lumps of dust emerging in corners. What is the scientific explanation for all this?

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 9:10 AM
-->
Your bathroom was visited by the same person Yellow house was. Who's next?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yes, check if they left some dirty clothes in a closet somewhere

Lateral

Local time
-->
Yes, check if they left some dirty clothes in a closet somewhere
Actually, there's dirty clothes everywhere. And books laying open all over the floor.
I think it was aliens trying to learn about human life.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
That is also a possibility lol. It doesn't add up for me either, that's why I'm trying to figure it out.

Edit: Obviously, it happened sometime before they would have gone off so if they went an hour back or if they went 23 hours forward wouldn't make much difference.

Okay but just understand while possible there's only a one hour window for them to go forward without waking you up early and a 23,59 minute window where they could have gone back. This is important because if we know which direction they went or can at least get close to figuring it out we can rule out so much. Do you have any witnesses in that hour you were sleeping? Maybe Adaire was there?

Lateral

Local time
-->
Okay but just understand while possible there's only a one hour window for them to go forward without waking you up early and a 23,59 minute window where they could have gone back. This is important because if we know which direction they went or can at least get close to figuring it out we can rule out so much. Do you have any witnesses in that hour you were sleeping? Maybe Adaire was there?

I don't really see what you're getting at. Are you trying to determine when the event happened?

I can say that the battery powered one has a date on it and the date is still correct. So it's fair to say that it went an hour back.

No thieves here.

Last edited:

Lateral

Local time
-->
My clocks just went back again... This is really weird.

This time it was all three of them. And I know exactly when it happened because a little while ago I looked at the clock and thought to myself "I need to go to bed in 30 mins, because it's 10:30."

A few minutes ago I looked at it again and it says 9:49... So I checked the ones in the bathroom and they all went back an hour.

Wtf...

I'm seriously freaked out. I haven't even left the room. I don't believe in ghosts, but this is too weird...

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Okay in a little under two weeks setup a video camera recording your clocks. Preferably live stream it if you had unlimited data.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
Do you live with other people? That seems like exactly something I’d do to my housemate.

Lateral

Local time
-->
My alarm just randomly went off about a minute ago. I literally just set it to the right time, and it’s never been set to 12:40 am or pm... I have only one conclusion at this point. My house is haunted.

Lateral

Local time
-->
Do you live with other people? That seems like exactly something I’d do to my housemate.

I do live with other people, however, I was in the room the whole time, and no one else was there. Currently sleeping on the couch lol.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
I do live with other people, however, I was in the room the whole time, and no one else was there. Currently sleeping on the couch lol.
All the more impressive the prank... :phear:

Lateral

Local time
-->
If someone was able to hack three different types of clocks to make them go back at a set time, I would be infinitely impressed.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
magnetic field. also crystals and rhino horns. are you former voodoo practitioner?

Lateral

Local time
-->
I do have an ex girlfriend that was a Wiccan... Does that count?

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
You know, your clocks may be under revenge spell.
Does your ex-girlfriend chants, whispers or learn a foreign language?Perhaps she smells wax and when confronted claimes indulgence in Brazilian epilation?

Are her friends eating only by a knife? Is anyone enthusiastic about combing your hair, beard or doing a manicure?Any increased demands for clothes- blood donation, people forcing first-aid on you?Were you abused by a wreath or subjected to other herbal violence?

Did you notice a severe presence of an anthill close to your home?
Better investigate m8, you've been cursed.

Last edited:

Lateral

Local time
-->
You know, your clocks may be under revenge spell.
Does your ex-girlfriend chants, whispers or learn a foreign language?Perhaps she smells wax and when confronted claimes indulgence in Brazilian epilation?

Are her friends eating only by a knife? Is anyone enthusiastic about combing your hair, beard or doing a manicure?Any increased demands for clothes- blood donation, people forcing first-aid on you?Were you abused by a wreath or subjected to other herbal violence?

Did you notice a severe presence of an anthill close to your home?
Better investigate m8, you've been cursed.

Lmao. Herbal violence, that's great.

While I do know a Colombian girl who has motive to put a curse on me, none of those things sound familiar, so I think I'm good.

Sounds like you have experience with being cursed? xD

Lateral

Local time
-->
UPDATE: I've thrown all of my clocks away.

Last night, I was trying to set all of them back to the right time again (to appease the clock spirits) and one of them I just couldn't get in sync with the others, it was always about 30 secs faster.

This clock has just one switch on the top that you can set to either (either is important) alarm off, alarm on, time set, or alarm set.

I was in the middle of setting the time and the fucking alarm started going off...

Which shouldn't be possible, because:
1. The alarm was set for a different time.
2. I was in the middle of setting the time, so the alarm couldn't have been switched on.

So to avoid further contact with any chronoplasmic beings, I've disposed with all my clocks.

For real though, I think lightening screwed them all up, so I had to throw them away.

Top Bottom