• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

My Type

Clav

Redshirt
Local time
Today 8:53 AM
-->
I have been a long time subscriber to MTBI being a generally accurate of compartmentalizing an individual’s thought processes. Last year I went through multiple MTBI tests trying to discover the archetype I most accurately fit into.

What I have come to realize after taking quite a few tests, and taking the same test with over a month between them, is that I do not fit neatly into any one profile. I do however deeply identify with the INTP archetype so I came here to seek further assistance in my introspective study.

My type swings between INTP, ENTP, INFP and ENFP. I find when I am depressed I am an INTP or INFP, and when I am happy I swing towards ENTP or ENFP, however at no time does the F/T portion swing wildly to one side or the other, it generally stays centered between the two with a slight bias usually towards T. I have to say though, that during conversation in which I am more educated on a topic, I typically swing far into F.

Has anyone else experienced similar results?

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 3:53 AM
-->
My type swings between INTP, ENTP, INSP and ENSP.

Yeah, half of those offerings aren't even real types according to MBTI.

Maybe you meant INFP and ENFP but I can't really say.

Anyway, MBTI is best fit and you should look at whether you're a judger or perceiver apropos the lead function.

You could also triangulate type with enneagram and socionics, which is what I did.

Clav

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Yeah, half of those offerings aren't even real types according to MBTI.

Maybe you meant INFP and ENFP but I can't really say.

Anyway, MBTI is best fit and you should look at whether you're a judger or perceiver apropos the lead function.

You could also triangulate type with enneagram and socionics, which is what I did.

Thank you, I made the corrections, it has been awhile since I even thought about MTBI. I will look into the other models.

Clav

Redshirt
Local time
-->
http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html

After review of this page, I categorically fit within the description, and in my opinion some of the E and F are extensions of a rapid analytical process. Other people seem to think I frequently “wing it” at work, that I feel something is the correct approach, so I take it. The fact that previous experience or thought on something has already led me to the correct answer, and therefore I know it is right is never conveyed to them.

I also suspect that the E is a function of my need to understand those around me on a motivational level in order to work with them, as well as a result of 13 years in the military forcing me to be social adept to some extent. I often find that if I cannot understand how someone else thinks I cannot properly drive them to work as a function of our relationship rather than a function of rank driven orders.

No doubt in my mind that the INTP is the fit, and that certain perceptions that have been conveyed to me by peers are a misunderstanding of my outward actions and processes by those around me.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html

After review of this page, I categorically fit within the description, and in my opinion some of the E and F are extensions of a rapid analytical process. Other people seem to think I frequently “wing it” at work, that I feel something is the correct approach, so I take it. The fact that previous experience or thought on something has already led me to the correct answer, and therefore I know it is right is never conveyed to them.

I also suspect that the E is a function of my need to understand those around me on a motivational level in order to work with them, as well as a result of 13 years in the military forcing me to be social adept to some extent. I often find that if I cannot understand how someone else thinks I cannot properly drive them to work as a function of our relationship rather than a function of rank driven orders.

No doubt in my mind that the INTP is the fit, and that certain perceptions that have been conveyed to me by peers are a misunderstanding of my outward actions and processes by those around me.

The Personality Junkie ENTP and INTP profiles are decent. Check those out. :elephant:

Clav

Redshirt
Local time
-->
So i just took an online test at humanmetrics (not sure of its accuracy) and got this:

Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(88%) iNtuitive Thinking(1%) Perceiving(78)%

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 1:53 AM
-->
I'd recommend reading type profiles, instead of trying to reconcile your test results.

I find that the more you get into the specifics of MBTI the more you see it starts to break down, because it doesn't have a strong foundation. It's best looked at with a general perspective.

You could also attempt to approximate it with Enneagram, but since you would be adding another system to the mix it could just become more complicated and confusing for you.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I'd recommend reading type profiles, instead of trying to reconcile your test results.

I find that the more you get into the specifics of MBTI the more you see it starts to break down, because it doesn't not have a strong foundation. It's best looked at with a general perspective.

You could also attempt to approximate it with Enneagram, but since you would be adding another system to the mix it could just become more complicated and confusing for you.

I found that out the hard way. Yeah, it might prove most expedient to get a general idea from letters (am I feeling or thinking?) and then read some profiles. Eye is right in that MBTI is flimsy at center. I have heard that a closer adaptation of Jung would require the second to fourth functions to be the opposite orientation of the primary function. Basically, such a change would render the third function extraverted for introverts (Ne, Se, Fe for an INTP with this change) and move the tertiary function to an introverted prism for extraverts.

Top Bottom