• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

My possible type?

raouane

`'``'`
Local time
Today 9:22 PM
-->
Hello.

I've took the MBTI test several times and got almost the same result everytime, but I still think that I might be another type especially after reading about the various types and their different cognitive functions.
I've narrowed it down to a few types which I'm not going to mention because I think that it could make the opinion or judgement of however's reading this a little bit biased.
I will try to describe myself as honestly and unbiasedly as I can in hopes of getting the most objective responses and information about myself which I might be oblivious to due to subjectivity.

Description:

1.I'm not shy, but people tend to think that I am. It may be because of my quietness around people I don't know well, or because I'm overly polite and formal and around them.

2.I'm quite talkative around people I know well, which include my family and a couple of friends. They on the other hand perceive me as a sarcastic know it all.

3.I like gathering informations about everything through books, T.V and the internet, but I forget most of it so it's really frustrating. It kind of helps boost my self-esteem though.

4.I'm not really smart, I just kind of know a little bit about everything and can build a conversation around that, which always ends up with me coming up with a sort of abstract theory about life and human beings.

5.I like writing essays about anything, it's the only thing I'm actually good at. I like to draw people too, but I'm not creative, I just draw exactly what I see. I play guitar, but it's just as it is with drawing, no creativity, although I try to compose music which sucks most of the time.

6.I'm not very expressive of my feelings, and I've been called cold many times. What's strange is that I'm really sensitive, I just don't let it show I guess. Although sometimes I can be very emotional to the point of tearing. This usually happens when I'm talking about something I deeply care about, but I laugh at myself afterwards.

7.Compassion is not my strongest point, although I'm altruistic, but kind of selfish at the same time, if that makes any sense. I'm good at giving advice to people and solving their problems, but at the end of the day all I really care about is myself.

8.I'm one of those people who ruin their happiness by analysing it. I'm never living in the moment, although I try, but I just end up feeling shallow.

9.I'm pretty lazy, but not in things which concern myself and my improvement. I'm constantly looking at the future and trying to prepare myself for it as best as I could, even though I'm afraid of it, but living for it.

10.I'm not messy, nor organized. Everything has its place and I usually find it since I don't have many things. I'm not a very materialistic person, but I can be if it helps me reach my goals.

I know this was too long, but if you read it, I hope that it enabled you to come to a conclusion about my cognitive functions and my type. Feel free to ask anything if I was too vague in my description or if it's in need of more info.

Thanks.

Inquisitor

Local time
Today 3:22 PM
-->
Online Typology Resources
Book Resources

Check those out. I usually refer people to Drenth at Personality Junkie. I have all of his books. Money well spent.

As for your type, you could be an INTP, but you could be other types as well. A clear picture of type may not emerge for quite some time if you are young. Read as much as you can on specifically Jungian functions. Ignore MBTI.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Tomorrow 4:22 AM
-->
How would you answer this scenario?

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
2. An old friend who once saved your life.
3. The perfect woman (or man) you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car, or what other actions would you pursue?

StevenM

beep
Local time
-->

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus:

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car, or what other actions would you pursue?

Old lady.

Friend can wait.
Perfect woman/man will become my secret admirer, unless old friend gets too yappy.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
^ gonna type out my own response after OP says his. (come onnn you're typing one up right? I hope? you pretty much wrote a INTP ten commandments in the OP. in for a dime in for a pound, you know?)

oh wait. oh. oh woops.

Local time
Today 8:22 PM
-->

i'd ask the old friend to take my car and drive the old lady home, then i'd be free to skip through the wild stormy night with the perfect woman/man.

now type me!!!!

raouane

`'``'`
Local time
-->
ISFJ
far less likely intp and infp

much more info needed

Interesting, I read about all of the 16 types and their cognitive functions and never even considered the possibility of ISFJ.

What parts of my description do you think are most like ISFJ traits and which are not? What do you think are other possibilities for my type? And what kind of info would help?

StevenM

beep
Local time
-->
i'd ask the old friend to take my car and drive the old lady home, then i'd be free to skip through the wild stormy night with the perfect woman/man.

now type me!!!!

Oh yeah..... :kodama2:

I now remember this question and answer on one of the Brain Game shows.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
Hello.

1.I'm not shy, but people tend to think that I am. It may be because of my quietness around people I don't know well, or because I'm overly polite and formal and around them.

2.I'm quite talkative around people I know well, which include my family and a couple of friends. They on the other hand perceive me as a sarcastic know it all.

3.I like gathering informations about everything through books, T.V and the internet, but I forget most of it so it's really frustrating. It kind of helps boost my self-esteem though.

4.I'm not really smart, I just kind of know a little bit about everything and can build a conversation around that, which always ends up with me coming up with a sort of abstract theory about life and human beings.

5.I like writing essays about anything, it's the only thing I'm actually good at. I like to draw people too, but I'm not creative, I just draw exactly what I see. I play guitar, but it's just as it is with drawing, no creativity, although I try to compose music which sucks most of the time. STRONG NOT N thing if you ask me.

6.I'm Cyan"]not very expressive of my feelings, and I've been called cold many times. What's strange is that I'm really sensitive, I just don't let it show I guess. Although sometimes I can be very emotional to the point of tearing. This usually happens when I'm talking about something I deeply care about, but I laugh at myself afterwards.

7.Compassion is not my strongest point, although I'm altruistic, but kind of selfish at the same time, if that makes any sense. I'm good at giving advice to people and solving their problems, but at the end of the day all I really care about is myself.

8.I'm one of those people who ruin their happiness by analysing it. I'm never living in the moment, although I try, but I just end up feeling shallow.

9.I'm pretty lazy, but not in things which concern myself and my improvement. I'm constantly looking at the future and trying to prepare myself for it as best as I could, even though I'm afraid of it, but living for it.

10.I'm not messy, nor organized. Everything has its place and I usually find it since I don't have many things. I'm not a very materialistic person, but I can be if it helps me reach my goals.

I know this was too long, but if you read it, I hope that it enabled you to come to a conclusion about my cognitive functions and my type. Feel free to ask anything if I was too vague in my description or if it's in need of more info.

Thanks.

the colour choice doesn't have any meaning, it was just to make my analysis beautier.

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
The never living in the moment part is more Intuitive. I suppose that you could be an INFJ, but humble enough to not believe yourself to be compassionate. But which type description(s) seem most fitting to you?

raouane

`'``'`
Local time
-->
The never living in the moment part is more Intuitive. I suppose that you could be an INFJ, but humble enough to not believe yourself to be compassionate. But which type description(s) seem most fitting to you?

I mostly relate to the INTJ and INFJ descriptions, but I'm not as logical and robotic as many INTJs are depicted, nor as empathetic and tactful as most INFJs seem to be.

Vion

Banned
Local time
-->
My possible type?

Homosexual.

Wait this is an MBTI forum so I am clearly over thinking this stuff.

NT: expand MBTI (learns through practical application)
NF: undermine MBTI (likes to beat dead horsies)
SP: rebel against MBTI (learns through conflict ie school of hard knocks)
SJ: ignore MBTI (learns with Ironic process theory ie lot of teen angst)

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 12:22 PM
-->
Sounds about as INFP as Nathaniel Mimecino.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Today 12:22 PM
-->
I've took the MBTI test several times and got almost the same result everytime, but I still think that I might be another type especially after reading about the various types and their different cognitive functions.

If the 'cognitive functions' are different from the test results you may need to explore why and how in order to understand what is happening. The tests are based on personality traits and less on the functional system. I don't see how discussing your personality traits 'in ways that are very similar to the test questions' will help with your confusion or uncertainty.

We may need to know what your understanding of functions are and how you see yourself relating to the various functions in order to understand why you don't feel like you align with the intp functions. Ti Ne Si Fe

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
But imo I think his traits (the stuff he wrote) are pretty much what an INTP goes though. I can easily identify with all ten of them. I'm guessing he's an INTP in his mid-high twenties (or thirties even?)

I see Ti, Ne, Si and Fe easily in all he wrote. Not much of a Ni (tieing together ideas) or Fi (adherence to values). Writing style seems more Si (reflective, non-assertive) and not Se (lack of vibrant vocabulary). Te, I'm not so sure about the function itself, but it probably has to do something with action in real life, which we can't know for sure since he merely wrote his subjective experience in abstract. The presentation is clean though, which I guess could be a little bit of a Te trait.

If you wanna get analytical:

inferior Fe:
1. I'm not shy, but people tend to think that I am. It may be because of my quietness around people I don't know well, or because I'm overly polite and formal and around them.

Ne-Ti + inf Fe:
2. I'm quite talkative around people I know well, which include my family and a couple of friends. They on the other hand perceive me as a sarcastic know it all.

Ti-Ne:
3. I like gathering informations about everything through books, T.V and the internet, [...]

Ti-Ne (then dabbling in Ni):
4. I'm not really smart, I just kind of know a little bit about everything and can build a conversation around that, which always ends up with me coming up with a sort of abstract theory about life and human beings.

Ti-Fe conflict:
5. [...] I like to draw people too, but I'm not creative, I just draw exactly what I see. I play guitar, but it's just as it is with drawing, no creativity, although I try to compose music which sucks most of the time.

Ti-Fe conflict (via Si):
6. I'm not very expressive of my feelings, and I've been called cold many times. What's strange is that I'm really sensitive, I just don't let it show I guess. Although sometimes I can be very emotional to the point of tearing. This usually happens when I'm talking about something I deeply care about, but I laugh at myself afterwards.

Another Ti-Fe conflict...
7. Compassion is not my strongest point, although I'm altruistic, but kind of selfish at the same time, if that makes any sense. I'm good at giving advice to people and solving their problems, but at the end of the day all I really care about is myself.
And another
8. I'm one of those people who ruin their happiness by analysing it. I'm never living in the moment, although I try, but I just end up feeling shallow.

Ti-Fe conflict + developing Si:
9. I'm pretty lazy, but not in things which concern myself and my improvement. I'm constantly looking at the future and trying to prepare myself for it as best as I could, even though I'm afraid of it, but living for it.

INTP lifestyle:
10. I'm not messy, nor organized. Everything has its place and I usually find it since I don't have many things. I'm not a very materialistic person, [...]
That's.. how I see it. A lot of it are complaints about inferior Fe imo.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
But imo I think his traits (the stuff he wrote) are pretty much what an INTP goes though. I can easily identify with all ten of them. I'm guessing he's an INTP in his mid-high twenties (or thirties even?)

I see Ti, Ne, Si and Fe easily in all he wrote. Not much of a Ni (tieing together ideas) or Fi (adherence to values). Writing style seems more Si (reflective, non-assertive) and not Se (lack of vibrant vocabulary). Te, I'm not so sure about the function itself, but it probably has to do something with action in real life, which we can't know for sure since he merely wrote his subjective experience in abstract. The presentation is clean though, which I guess could be a little bit of a Te trait.

If you wanna get analytical:

inferior Fe:
1. I'm not shy, but people tend to think that I am. It may be because of my quietness around people I don't know well, or because I'm overly polite and formal and around them.

Ne-Ti + inf Fe:
2. I'm quite talkative around people I know well, which include my family and a couple of friends. They on the other hand perceive me as a sarcastic know it all.

Ti-Ne:
3. I like gathering informations about everything through books, T.V and the internet, [...]

Ti-Ne (then dabbling in Ni):
4. I'm not really smart, I just kind of know a little bit about everything and can build a conversation around that, which always ends up with me coming up with a sort of abstract theory about life and human beings.

Ti-Fe conflict:
5. [...] I like to draw people too, but I'm not creative, I just draw exactly what I see. I play guitar, but it's just as it is with drawing, no creativity, although I try to compose music which sucks most of the time.

Ti-Fe conflict (via Si):
6. I'm not very expressive of my feelings, and I've been called cold many times. What's strange is that I'm really sensitive, I just don't let it show I guess. Although sometimes I can be very emotional to the point of tearing. This usually happens when I'm talking about something I deeply care about, but I laugh at myself afterwards.

Another Ti-Fe conflict...
7. Compassion is not my strongest point, although I'm altruistic, but kind of selfish at the same time, if that makes any sense. I'm good at giving advice to people and solving their problems, but at the end of the day all I really care about is myself.
And another
8. I'm one of those people who ruin their happiness by analysing it. I'm never living in the moment, although I try, but I just end up feeling shallow.

Ti-Fe conflict + developing Si:
9. I'm pretty lazy, but not in things which concern myself and my improvement. I'm constantly looking at the future and trying to prepare myself for it as best as I could, even though I'm afraid of it, but living for it.

INTP lifestyle:
10. I'm not messy, nor organized. Everything has its place and I usually find it since I don't have many things. I'm not a very materialistic person, [...]
That's.. how I see it. A lot of it are complaints about inferior Fe imo.

1 - I think most of introverted types if not all could relate somehow to what he said because it is too generic.
2 - you typed me as a sensor in the official hunt thread and type this guy as an N with this info. Perhaps the sensor is you.
Let's be clear that i don't care about who's right or wrong about types, i'm fine with your opinion.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
1 - I think most of introverted types if not all could relate somehow to what he said because it is too generic.
2 - you typed me as a sensor in the official hunt thread and type this guy as an N with this info. Perhaps the sensor is you.
Hmm I guess.

Oh right, on what I did type you as: actually I want to go back on that, I do think N fits better. I still don't think you're an nfp though, I don't really see it.

Let's be clear that i don't care about who's right or wrong about types, i'm fine with your opinion.

...:D

Plopsypoodle

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:22 PM
-->
Lol, I'm an INTP But I think when I was little.. Maybe an ESFJ XD

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

reeya27

Redshirt
Local time
Tomorrow 5:22 AM
-->
It all sounds pretty similar to what I tend to experience and I'm an INTP, and others have agreed with that. But, the best way to know for sure would be to take a cognitive function test where it gives you percentages for each function and provides an estimated type for you based on that. That would rule out difficulties if you have well developed functions and preferences for things (like thinking to feeling) and allows you to see the discriminations better.

Top Bottom