• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

My new WAIS-4 scores

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 9:15 PM
-->
On Nov 21 I had a neuropsychological evaluation. Took an intelligence test and other such tests. I failed to mention to the evaluators that I lack visual thinking because I did not realize that visual thinking was to correct term to use. This explains why my working memory would be 92. I do not have a visual sketchpad. I cannot manipulate internal visual concepts.

Baddeley's model of working memory

I think this is most likely why I have the problems I have. If I cannot keep track of the variables for solving a problem then that means I cannot solve it. And I tell people that my brain gets stuck all the time.

Here are my scores and 2 paragraphs of the report.

eglkH43.png

Eighth, on a qualitative level, Animekitty's presentation with me was somewhat off: limited use of tone of voice to enhance communication (aprosodia): he took a long time to make a point (circumstantiality): his use of gestures and facial expression to enhance communication was limited: and his thought process seemed slower (bradyphrenia). Might this be an indication of a mental disorder like Asperger's? Maybe. But it also could easily be linked with his medications. Therefore, I am hesitant to place diagnostic weight behind symptoms that could be caused by medications.

Seventh, if Animekitty's IQ is not the problem, then what is? One possibility suggested by Animekitty's online friends is that he has Asperger's syndrome, which-arguably-is now called Social Pragmatic Communications Disorder in the DSM-5. To help measure problems with social skills, I gave Animekitty several tests of social cognition, the results of which are contained on page 15. Briefly, Animekitty scored fine. This is important because it argues against flagrant problems with social cognition, which is at the core of a diagnosis like Asperger's or Social Pragmatic Communications Disorder.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 12:45 PM
-->
Our profiles are probably the same 'shape', with dips and peaks in the same places.

Not sure information would be a strength for me though.

Looks like your weaknesses aren't that pronounced. Your lowest score is 85, which is only one SD below average, or, what I would think of as the low end of average.

You'd think that someone with pronounced strengths and weaknesses such as yourself would be a clear cut case to diagnose right? :confused:

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 1:15 PM
-->
Our profiles are probably the same 'shape', with dips and peaks in the same places.

Not sure information would be a strength for me though.

Looks like your weaknesses aren't that pronounced. Your lowest score is 85, which is only one SD below average, or, what I would think of as the low end of average.

You'd think that someone with pronounced strengths and weaknesses such as yourself would be a clear cut case to diagnose right? :confused:

Sure, if he wasn't on medications. I'm not sure which ones he are on but apparently they might be enough to cause trouble.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
Today 8:45 AM
-->
Hey, I think the sole reason you are confused about your iq is because you are varying highly on some scales mainly the verbal ones. You should probably know that verbal is very volatile except for reading comprehension which actually strains your brain and working memory.
There are many cases where increase in verbal IQs have placed people in the gifted range suddenly who earlier had an average iq. Like you have mentioned, your g is quite stable (SD = +-5). Since your g is stable, I suppose your g is correct all the time and the that is enough stop the iteration of your habit of giving legit iq tests. Moreover a word of advice : you are unlikely to get a good job if you present your wm as 92 (just kidding xD)

I face this confusion too. I oftentimes think I've a very bad wm because I'm very forgetful, have to take a look at the same things several times before it gets implemented (like I've great difficulty learning mandarin because I can't remember the goddamn characters (also I barely practice anything. My mom and my teacher believes I'm doing above average grasping although I don't believe it because ' your kid has potential ' bullshit is used everywhere )) but surprisingly there were times where I was able to score in the range of 10-12 in a digit span test and 7-8 in remembering patterns (placing me in the above average range and since wm has a ~ .80 correlation with RPM, that is supposed to naturally place me in the high iq range. However that's not the case. )
This iq mumbo jumbo about verbal iq and non verbal iq only limits your potential instead of expanding it if it says you don't lie in the gifted range. One example is @gps who I think is quite brilliant but claims that he lies around the 95th percentile (120-125). Do you really think his mental abilities really lies in the range of 120-125 ?

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
92 on working memory and 86 one processing speed I believe to be accurate. I know this because I remember the tests for both of them. I remember doing math problems in my head and I remember making the matching symbols among the symbols that did not match. I was slow at matching the symbols and I could do the word problems up to a point that I could not fit the longer ones in my head. The other problems I did faster because they were external to me.

I classify two types of cognition.

Internal mental manipulation

And

External world manipulation

It is almost impossible for me to think internally. Ni has an internal world conceptual insights, Ti orders ideas, Fi sorts its values by personal interest. Si internalizes what it sees.

I have to go by the fact that I am most likely extroverted and that I am Intuitive. (divergent thinking)

My internal world is Fi so that would mean, as it is auxiliary, that I qualify memories in feeling tones. These feeling tones are not bounded but mix together. I can rationalize feelings that I felt long ago. I can decide what I like and dislike about past present and future events. But I cannot do internal logical constructs. (Ti)

If I could think internally I believe I could sit in a chair and work everything out from first principles. But I am random because Ne is divergent and irrational in the Jungian sense. I do not accomplish much because of it. Collection increasing amounts of relevant information is important for me to generate more ideas. But I generate them externally. Insights are triggered by an external source and not an internal source.

I wish I could solve problems in my head but I can't.
I wish my eyes were faster so I could have greater visual intelligence.
I am fine with being able to understand shapes and patterns.
I am fine with being able to understand words.

But without internal mental manipulation, I have limitations on how I can achieve my goals. I will probably not be able to be an academic researcher or an A.I. programmer. That is not so bad, I know that A.I. is coming anyway. I just wish I knew what I could do that would allow me to use my divergent thinking skills.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:15 AM
-->
I will probably not be able to be an academic researcher or an A.I. programmer. That is not so bad, I know that A.I. is coming anyway. I just wish I knew what I could do that would allow me to use my divergent thinking skills.

I think that if you start using as much energy on programming as you use on thinking about your own brain, you'll be a master programmer within a very short time.

Btw Alan Turing was said to have scored pretty poorly on intelligence tests, performing at about the level of an average undergraduate student.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Anonymous:

In my opinion,
IQ tests can’t measure

intuition
social intelligence
creativity

————————

Animekitty:

Intuition: (Stillness of the mind. Quiet internalizing focus. Reaching into the unconscious to suddenly know something effortlessly.)

Social intelligence: (acute emotional/gesture awareness)

Creativity: (low latent inhibition)

I have been suppressing my emotions for too long. I have been neglecting my body awareness. I need to get rid of the blockages. I need to get into a flow state. Mental, physical and emotional effortlessness.

No resistance to any negative feeling.
Expanded perceptual awareness.
Light as a feather.

gps

INTP 5w4 Iconoclast
Local time
Yesterday 11:15 PM
-->
I failed to mention to the evaluators that I lack visual thinking because I did not realize that visual thinking was to correct term to use.
This explains why my working memory would be 92.
I do not have a visual sketchpad. I cannot manipulate internal visual concepts.

{
apologies:
I tried sending this reply a week ago but was unable to post, though saved my content.
Upon reading something @Jennywocky posted I used the CP to change my default editor from WYSIWYG to `standard editor' ... and this seemed to break the obstacle preventing me from posting.
I'm left to wonder how many others have been prevented from posting due to this `feature'.
}

I don't get this ... this punting on matters visual.

There are plenty of people who can't hold a whole sentence-worth or paragraph-worth of verbiage in their heads who can generate streams of the stuff -- like I do -- by CHEATING ... by using EXTERNAL means to augment internal, mental abilities.
Though I CAN to some extent visualized 3D `things' my unaided ability to do so is FAR LESS than my EXTENDED computer-aided abilities when using drafting, CAD and visualization as EXTERNAL means on par with sentence composition via text editors, text boxes on forums such as this or plain old fashioned paper.

It's never crossed your mind to have pad of graph paper at hand to augment your VISUALIZING of things you can't IMAGINE but can SEE via your EYES and OCCIPITAL LOBE?
I don't get it!

When all but failing geometry in high school I found myself with two strikes against me and the only remaining opportunity to `pass' -- EG not have to take the fucking class again with the sorry ass excuse for a `teacher' -- the course was to pass the NY State regents exam.
Rather than constrain my operations to recalling axioms I failed to rote memorize over the course the boring ass course I opted to use my drafting skills and my trust in drawing things to scale as a means of experimenting, augmenting my memory of axioms, and such.
I STOPPED compartmentalizing!
My strategy worked; I CHEATED in as much as I stopped mentally hobbling myself by resorting ONLY to rote memorization and application of axioms.

I'm not suggesting that generating top, front, and right side views of an object WILL somehow kick-start mental abilities; I am saying that it might allow you to do a work-around IF you actually SKETCH shapes on graph paper as viewed from different perspectives.
External representations of what you fail to generate in your mind's eye CAN allow you to use physiological EYES and psychological limbic system as you've not reported blindness.

Why not apply intelligence by employing this coping method to OPERATE at a higher level of functioning ... both on IQ tests and IRL?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Yesterday 10:15 PM
-->
AK, what were the actual tests you took? I'd like to have someone to discuss what it was like taking the test with someone. Let me know if you are interested.

I don't think I did very well, overall. Some things I did fine I think, but certain things I felt I wasn't fast enough. The biggest thing that I had trouble with on a psychological POV is that I kept think what was possible for this test and how I was nowhere close to that.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

This makes a whole lot more sense to me after looking up what "above average" means. Before I was just making blind guesses what all this stuff means and now I know, for example, that WMI stands for working memory index.

It seems you did pretty well on the test(s). Why did you only get a score of 109? Do they take all the tests and average them?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
It seems you did pretty well on the test(s). Why did you only get a score of 109? Do they take all the tests and average them?

The ten subtests are placed in the 4 indices. Then the indices are put together. This is so far how I think it happens.

(120 + 92)/2 = 106
(121 + 86)/2 = 103.5

106 - 100 = 6
103 - 100 = 3

(6 + 3) + 100 = 109

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
The ten subtests are placed in the 4 indices. Then the indices are put together. This is so far how I think it happens.

(120 + 92)/2 = 106
(121 + 86)/2 = 103.5

106 - 100 = 6
103 - 100 = 3

(6 + 3) + 100 = 109

Why isn't the .5 used?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
A demonstration of my and someone else's drawing ability. I'm at the bottom.

Gs4lt15.png

Top Bottom