• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

My New Medication

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 4:16 AM
-->
I got prescribed a new medication called Benztropine. One in the morning and one at bedtime. Google says its for Parkinson's disease and treating the side effects for antipsychotics. I used to take a invega sustenna but I think I now take a generic brand of it that my health insurance will pay for. They told me invega was a mood stabilizer but do not think I am bipolar. I have bad anxiety but I do not hallucinate. I do not think I have schizophrenia. They said I was schizotypal in 2010.

https://youtu.be/w2efaHgJ93A

Local time
Today 10:16 AM
-->
Invega = injection, so you can't experiment by altering dose.

What negative side effects are you exhibiting that to them warrants giving you cogentin (benztropine)?

When you drink caffeine, does your personality change? Does it make you feel worse?

Bad anxiety to the point of paranoia?

Ever been manic or delusional?

Schizotypal is a personality disorder. It usually isn't treated through medication, but through psychotherapy. Most will typically dole out meds to help with specific symptoms though, e.g. anxiety might = prozac.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
What negative side effects are you exhibiting that to them warrants giving you cogentin (benztropine)?

I don't know.
It's been a year since I have seen a Doctor in person.

When you drink caffeine, does your personality change? Does it make you feel worse?

No

Bad anxiety to the point of paranoia?

Ever been manic or delusional?

When I get upset I start shaking inside if I do not express myself.

In 2009 my sister told me her friend would shoot me if I don't do what see says. 3 months ago she said her friends would beat me up after she trough a tantrum when I told her not do something about the dishes. In 2009 my brother got arrested for attacking me well he was naked. Several times that summer he tried to stab me.

In 2010-11 I was shaking on the inside because I never left my apartment to do stuff. I could not watch tv shows on Youtube because I felt too bad to even start. I began to talk like that crippled kid on south park.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Never go by what the docs say, especially since you have an alternate view of reality to them. Which isn't a bad thing. If I went to the doctors an told them the things in my head they'd probably label me skitz, but I know that I am not.

Your family sounds toxic, time to drop the baggage.

emmabobary

*snore*
Local time
Today 6:16 AM
-->
This thread reminds me...
Where is The Habitat Doctor? :confused:

How are you doing Animekitty? Are you still medicated?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
This thread reminds me...
Where is The Habitat Doctor? :confused:

How are you doing Animekitty? Are you still medicated?

I take two pills of Benztropine a day.
I also take Levothyroxine.

I just got some supplements 10 minutes ago from the Vita-Man store.

Omega-3
Vitamin-D3
Bone Strength

My doctor says I have low Vitamin D on the blood test.
I don't get much sun.

emmabobary

*snore*
Local time
Today 6:16 AM
-->
I see.
The video you posted was interesting, do you think you are related to schizotypal disorder? I saw that in 2010 your doctor told you you had it. But what do you think?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I see.
The video you posted was interesting, do you think you are related to schizotypal disorder? I saw that in 2010 your doctor told you you had it. But what do you think?

I think I do have this personality disorder (schizotypal) but that the people who diagnosed me confused this with schizoaffective because they gave me medication instead of talk therapy. I do have a therapist now since june but she leaves in december. It was suggested that I see one when I went to the jobs program center.

When I talked to the new psychiatrist two weeks ago he said emotions were in the body not the head. But mine are in the head. When I was angry there was heat in my head. When I was afraid it was in the center of my head and spine and it was sharp. Embarrassment too. And music.

There used to be lots of threads about being INTP and having Aspergers.
Some people think I have aspergers.

tangents:

In Behaviorism it is said pain is learned not innate. Pavlov would torture dogs to understand what trauma was. Alan Watt the conspiracy theorist said such experiments were conducted on humans by him also. Rene Descartes said kicking dogs what O.K. because they did not feel pain. At Glautonimo bay they do experiments. And in the movie "the men who stare at goats" they had rooms in Iraq where they did experiments in 2004 (mission accomplished).

Sometimes I think I am really a videogame character in a simulation. Really weird things have happened to me before. By 2020 computer graphic will be photorealist. People who believe in the singularity think we will run historical simulations of the past. This might actually be the year 2025 where the technology is advanced enough to do that. Or the NSA has secret computer chip technology that can simulate the earth civilization in real time.

It has been said that some smart people are poorly adapted to society.
If supercomputer computers can process terabytes of data at the same time.
Then it would be possible to profile everyone with big data A.I. algorithms.

My%20social%20IQ_zpsbtvc7tyl.png

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
When I was in 6th grade I asked the teacher why do the pixels glow and she said because of ones and zeros. Latter I found out that they actually glow because of phosphorus.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 5:16 AM
-->
Hi, AK.

I like this thread you have made because I can identify with some things in it. I also take medication daily as well as receive and injection every 2 weeks. Luckily for me I have no known side effects. This is interesting because typically people who are on the meds I am on gain a lot of weight and I am still weighing about 130 lbs. Have you noticed any change in weight from being on any of these drugs?

I can identify with the schizotypal personality disorder. I have some thoughts that are not normal like that the subconscious is more powerful than the conscious or rational mind. However, I have been diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder, something that occurs in .3% of the population. I also have been told by a psychologist that I have been trying to get better at my strengths and neglecting my weaknesses. Though you would think this would be a good thing to do, since my strengths are not really productive for rl that is why there is a problem. Basically what I try to work on (without all the time being conscious of it) is sharpening my subconscious. I do this by trying to intuitively guess things that my conscious mind would not know. Because I have been doing this for so long, and I am right a decent amount of the time people think I am really smart. Oddly enough I am not all that smart, I just guess right using my subconscious to know things.

Do you identify with any of this?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
@QuickTwist

I weigh 132 pounds. no changes in weight.

Because I am on the computer allot I am usually not self aware because of the direction of my focus. But I sometime realize how quiet it is in my head so I can access it when I need to know about people or what I need to do. A weakness is something that is usually that way because we do not focus on it so it can grow. You cannot force growth and that is what makes it frustrating when we cannot do something we want to. There are lots of things I could learn if I had the motivation but the biggest reason I do not is because I lack guidance. I get stuck and cannot grow and noone is around to help. I stopped playing video games because I moved out of my mom's house away from my brother. I do not have friends so I stopped playing them.

On the Ravens Progressive Matrices Test I got 120. So I do not think Facebook is giving me a fluids intelligences score but a crystallized intelligence score. I just know allot. So I can talk about subjects at a high level yet I cannot solve puzzle like the rubik's cube. It took me six months to come back to my java program because I got stuck but now that I have it I do not know what to do with it. When I go back to the university I will have people who can look at it. I think that I now have better social skills and can work on a team. I now know how to ask the right questions.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
FWIW, I would like to meet you some day AK. I think you are an interesting person and interesting people are people I like to get to know.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I talked to a real Neuro psychologist on Monday.
My therapist will be working under him when she goes to her next practicum.
And on the fourth of January I will talk to the neurologist about my EEG and MRI scan.

This is what he is giving me.

luvox
Gabapentin

And this is what I have right now.

Benztropine
Risperdal Consta

He told me I should go to bed before 10 PM and not stay up all night and that I should exercise. I told him about my science fair projects I did in middle school. And I gave him a print out of my new understanding of typology. And we talked about why my processing speed is so low. I get overwhelmed because I get caught up on the small steps and cannot make progress. This is why I had my breakdown after high school.

Belcher

Cynthia Mariana
Local time
-->
I got prescribed a new medication called Benztropine. One in the morning and one at bedtime. Google says its for Parkinson's disease and treating the side effects for antipsychotics. I used to take a invega sustenna but I think I now take a generic brand of it that my health insurance will pay for. They told me invega was a mood stabilizer but do not think I am bipolar. I have bad anxiety but I do not hallucinate. I do not think I have schizophrenia. They said I was schizotypal in 2010.

https://youtu.be/w2efaHgJ93A

Benztropine is a safe drug. I have personally used it.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I made an error, I am not taking luvox. I asked my doctor for a list of my medications so my having a poor memory is not a problem.

Synthroid(Levothyroxine)

Multivitamin

Vitamin D

Risperdal Consta

Cogentin(Benztropine)

Gabapentin

Lamotrigine(Lamictal)

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
Today 11:16 AM
-->
hate to see this trend. your brain isn't chemically fucked up, you don't need chemical corrections. your problems are isolation, both from action in general and from people. you are hiding and 'spiritually bypassing' by using your abundant imagination to dream up a storyline for your live, that does not involve any interaction with the environment. this is perceived as borderlining on psychosis by other people, some may call it schizotypal, the word maladaptive daydreaming comes to mind also, but imagination is not a disease that must be chemically suppressed. i really despise these drug pushers. you are emotionally deprived and in some ways seem underdeveloped like a child, for instance how you won't even bother about your looks, it's reminds me of how a pre 12-year old child would not yet care about such things. you are also naive like a child, because you do not perceive other people correctly. large aspects of the agendas of grown ups are not on your radar, because you don't have them in your own mind. this gives you some autistic traits. I believe you will happily perceive doctors as half gods in white. this developmental oddity can neither be fixed chemically nor otherwise. but the aspect of deprivation needs to be met with some psychotherapy or love, because this is what motivates you to escape into imagination. anything that can relax your body might wake up suppressed emotions and if they are acceptable, it might result in better integration of your upper and your lower levels in return. therefore bodywork or any form of physical activity might also be helpful to you.

as mentioned in the january thread, my fasting has lead to a relaxation of my emotional body, which affects my behavior in surprising manner, rendering me more expressive. loosing much bodyfat implies both muscular relaxation and detoxification. commuting with a bike since 2 years, three times a week, has had fantastic effects on my overall mood and optimism. not to mention how my dementia has stopped to proceed, after abandoning cholesterol from animal sources and overt fats in general, since clogged arteries are the main cause of alzheimers. this is how a body should be treated on a chemical level. not swallowing fucking pills every fucking day for the rest of your live and turning your body into a chemical waste dump. mdma a few times per year is worth discussing ...

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I just started to take Prozac three days ago.

FluoxetineListen to pronunciation
Brand name: Prozac
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI)
It can treat depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), bulimia nervosa, and panic disorder.

Feel really calm and relaxed.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Today 9:16 PM
-->
Meds? The only meds I need be banned by the feds...
So I said, what I said, but it seems nobody read,
What I'm really sayin', I'm just spraying, shit over your see-through
Savage, I'm just damaged, but I'm giving you a re-do

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I went to the hospital recently for one week. (June 4th to 11th)
I saw part of the report about me before I left the hospital:

Autism
OCD
Bipolar 1
Schizoaffective

These are now my medications:

GabapentinListen to pronunciation
Common brands: Neurontin, Gralise, Horizant
Nerve pain medication and anticonvulsant
It can treat seizures and pain caused by shingles.

BenztropineListen to pronunciation
Common brands: Cogentin
Anti-tremor
It can treat Parkinson’s disease and side effects of other drugs.

PaliperidoneListen to pronunciation
Brand name: Invega
Antipsychotic
It can treat schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
Why were you hospitalized? (If you don't mind sharing)

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Why were you hospitalized? (If you don't mind sharing)

I stayed up for 3 days straight without taking my medications. And Too much INTP extroverted Intuition.

Hallucinations involving the apocalypse, crying, loss of touch with reality, repressed memories, questioning my moral character, impending doom, dark synchronicities / associations and dark internet forces trying to influence my mental state.

Clouds of Glory

AnimeKitty's theory of society and more

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 6:16 PM
-->
That sounds bad Animekitty. I hope you are feeling better.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
Today 11:16 AM
-->
Maybe you are overstimulated? What about moving out from the city and into the country? I find my mind much more at ease when not being bombed with all sort of stimuli.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Been taking Risperidone for two months.

Information on Gabapentin.
It is supposed to emulate Gaba.
Gaba and Glutamate are the basic signal transmission mechanism of the brain.

https://youtu.be/Du-GP6dOVnY

signal_zpsl3n1vrcg.jpg

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Today 9:16 PM
-->
Hi AK,

Message me if you would like to discuss this.

Hospital staff make many, many false diagnoses. They also prescribe medicine that hinders more than it helps. I know, I have been through the system.

You may have something like OCD* from what I can tell, and perhaps a form of bi-polar. If you are an Ne type, as you suggested yourself, then "manic" phases of staying up for a long time with a flight of ideas would be something that happens for many people of your personality type.

* my understanding of this, as well as any psychological disorder, is limited, however I can see how it could fit

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Just spent 6 days at the mental hospital. I now take Lithium, Zyprexa, and Ativan.

In the report, I signed, says I have Psychotic and Schizophrenic feature, Asperger’s symptom, Bipolar, Anxiety and mild OCD.

I feel better now. And hope to see a neuropsychologist soon.

Read more on my blog.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
In 2008 the doctor told me I have microsizers when I did an EEG.
It was a long time but now I know what that is called, a Simple focal seizure.
They happen well you are conscious, you do not fall on the ground.
They interrupt certain processes but unawarely.
And create sensations.
Sometimes I must stop doing something because I get this shaky feeling inside.
As well I get negative feelings that just stops me.

I had a new EEG in 2015 and a MRI.
No one told me anything about the results.

My current doctor told me he wants to get me checked again to look for seizures, I told him I already did have a brain scan and so he said he will check into it.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I talked to a real Neuro psychologist on Monday.
My therapist will be working under him when she goes to her next practicum.
And on the fourth of January I will talk to the neurologist about my EEG and MRI scan.

This is what he is giving me.

luvox
Gabapentin

And this is what I have right now.

Benztropine
Risperdal Consta

He told me I should go to bed before 10 PM and not stay up all night and that I should exercise. I told him about my science fair projects I did in middle school. And I gave him a print out of my new understanding of typology. And we talked about why my processing speed is so low. I get overwhelmed because I get caught up on the small steps and cannot make progress. This is why I had my breakdown after high school.

That sounds like he gave you some pretty damn good information. Most psychologist that I have seen don't say shit about what they are ACTUALLY noticing about me.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Just spent 6 days at the mental hospital. I now take Lithium, Zyprexa, and Ativan.

In the report, I signed, says I have Psychotic and Schizophrenic feature, Asperger’s symptom, Bipolar, Anxiety and mild OCD.

I feel better now. And hope to see a neuropsychologist soon.

Read more on my blog.

My question is how the hell did you dodge the ADHD diagnosis? I guess you just don't have that one :confused:

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
My question is how the hell did you dodge the ADHD diagnosis? I guess you just don't have that one :confused:

I was told by someone that low digit span is a sign of ADD. Mine is 85 the 16th percentile. Similarly, I got 80 on both Symbol Search and Cancelation. That is the 9th percentile. I definitely need to ask if this is ADD related to my Doctor.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I was told by someone that low digit span is a sign of ADD. Mine is 85 the 16th percentile. Similarly, I got 80 on both Symbol Search and Cancelation. That is the 9th percentile. I definitely need to ask if this is ADD related to my Doctor.

Is that the upper or lower percentile? I am guessing the lower.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Is that the upper or lower percentile? I am guessing the lower.

Higher percentiles begin at IQ 100. Lower is bellow that.

80 is the 9th percentile, that means 91 out of 100 people are more intelligent than me in the subtest.

My full-scale IQ is 113. I am smarter than 84 percent of people.

My guess that I am ADD comes from low digit span and the others mentioned.

The Stroop test is connected to the Anterior cingulate cortex, I got the 99th percentile or rather to say is that my ACC has an IQ of 135. My ACC functions better than 99 percent of people.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
What do people think of me having Simple focal seizures?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
What do people think of me having Simple focal seizures?

Its hard for me to compare it to anything I have seen or experienced in my own life.

I can understand the concept that you have these mini seizures, but I have no idea what if feels like to have them. I also don't know how this affects you on either a daily basis or you cognition. Its curious, but ultimately something I feel I am very out of touch with.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Higher percentiles begin at IQ 100. Lower is bellow that.

80 is the 9th percentile, that means 91 out of 100 people are more intelligent than me in the subtest.

My full-scale IQ is 113. I am smarter than 84 percent of people.

My guess that I am ADD comes from low digit span and the others mentioned.

The Stroop test is connected to the Anterior cingulate cortex, I got the 99th percentile or rather to say is that my ACC has an IQ of 135. My ACC functions better than 99 percent of people.

I can only imagine the struggles you face. It is not surprising that you isolate yourself from other people -- to an extent, I can understand it given my own life circumstances and how people relate to/with me. I am considered someone who has odd reasoning at times... People have no idea how I drew the conclusion I did. Likewise, I sometimes think people are stupid, even my parents, based of their lack of insight about certain things. That said, sometimes I have to ask my mother where something is in the refrigerator because I am very bad at looking for things through trial and error. If something is not where I can reasonably guess where it is, I have immense difficulty finding it. I remember one time, I could not find my keys. I wanted to go out and buy a cigar, but I could not find my keys. I looked for the keys for about 10 min and still couldn't find them (most of my looking for them was checking the same spots I had already checked). Because I had previously permanently lost a set of keys and my father had to pay $160 for a new set which made him angry, I was very freaked out that I couldn't find them. I begged my brother to help me find my keys since I know he is a lot better at finding things than I am. He was very reluctant to help me even tho I told him I didn't want to make my father angry at me. He was saying it was my fault I lost them so he shouldn't have to help. He eventually did and we went downstairs to look for them. I started looking in new areas because he was there to help me find them. Then I found them and they we right in front of me the whole time and were on my computer chair. They had fallen out of my pocket. My brother mocked me for not being able to find them for so long because they were right in front of my face.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Topiramate

Nerve pain medication and anticonvulsant
It can treat and prevent seizures. It can also prevent migraine headaches.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Morning

topiramate 25 mg
levothyroxine sodium 0.025 mg
multivitamin tab
benztropine mesylate 0.5 mg
lithium carb 300 mg er
gabapentin 400 mg

Nighttime

topiramate 25 mg
2-lithium carb 300 mg er
gabapentin 400 mg
clonazepam 1 mg
zolpidem tartrate 5 mg

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Escitalopram is an antidepressant belonging to a group of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). It affects chemicals in the brain that may be unbalanced in people with depression or anxiety. Escitalopram is used to treat anxiety in adults.

new - escitalopram

risperidone
benztropine mesylate
gabapentin
lithium carbonate
lithium carb
levothyroxine sodium

moody

Local time
Today 3:16 AM
-->
Hmm.. it concerns me that you got perscrived something that takes care of the side effects of a medication you don’t think you have symptoms for...(correct me if I’m wrong?)

Doctors can be wrong. You know yourself better. I would look for second opinions. Trust the part of you that knows when something doesn’t add up.

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
Today 6:16 PM
-->
I'm on Olanzapine at night and Sertraline in the morning.

I've been thinking of stopping my medication, fearing that it's making me worse. Anybody else have experience with these meds?

Local time
Today 1:46 PM
-->
Hi
I am an Iranian boy
I used Google Translate to write this text
So ..
Please forgive me for grammatical errors. I hope I can convey what I want to say correctly

Local time
-->
I'v been coming to this site for 6 months.
Just for reading your texts
I' had read every single one of your posts
Because, because
I had all your experiences and problems
I had everything you had

Local time
-->
For the first time in my life, I want to define myself for someone ( for you)
In the end , I will tell you the solution to get out of this Conditions
I beg you . Don't blok me and give me the to write everything

Local time
-->
In this text, I present almost all of my features
Because I want my attributes to be aligned so you can discover the pattern

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->