• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

My friend, mistyping and our relationship

Cogitant

Fiducial Observer
Local time
Today 5:00 AM
-->
I spent most of the weekend with my friend. We've been pretty deep.
In honesty, I'm such a loner and she's so busy that we hadn't seen each other in the flesh for months.

Turns out she is definitely, doubtlessly an INFJ.
The descriptions of INFJ fit her to a 'T', the others we tried never quite matched.

It wasn't easy to assess her type. First of all she tested on the F/T border, but her being vegan, caring for others, being Wiccan as well as being a psychiatric nurse seemed at odds with thinking types, so we assumed INFP.

She is modest, so never thought herself as 'J', always views herself as messy and disorganized (she isn't)

Anyway, when I came over, we looked into the functions together and identified how they present themselves in each other. She read some information from a number of sites regarding types, compared INFP with INFJ.

It makes so much sense, now looking at things, that we get on so well, can discuss anything, and are both insanely critical.

Then I read that INTP and INFJ are meant to be the 'Golden Pair', which seems reasonable to say, since we've been friends for 18 years and share everything.

-Just some insight into the potential difficulties of typing, although I do honestly think INFJ can be hard to type.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 12:00 AM
-->
What was the motivation for sharing this?

Cogitant

Fiducial Observer
Local time
-->
1) Perhaps it's relevant to someone here
2) I posted it after staying awake all night
3) I'm probably just pointlessly rambling because of point #2
4) I couldn't delete it ;)

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 12:00 AM
-->
1) Perhaps it's relevant to someone here
2) I posted it after staying awake all night
3) I'm probably just pointlessly rambling because of point #2
4) I couldn't delete it ;)

Thought so.

What type do you think I am?

Cogitant

Fiducial Observer
Local time
-->
Thought so.

What type do you think I am?

Since I don't know you personally, I cannot give a complete behavioural analysis.
I have seen you describe yourself as ISTP in many places, and I assume that you are objective enough to type yourself accurately, perhaps having tried on a type or two before settling on that :rolleyes:
(+ISTP seems accurate, judging by the energy of your posts)

Top Bottom