• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.

Music Game

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
Today, 05:30
So, so far we have Woodkid, Black Keys, Chet Faker. All wrong! The guesses are reasonable though. Lonely Boy is probably the song I like the least among the ones I like.

onesteptwostep

Think.. Be... ..buzz buzz :)
Local time
Today, 13:30
Passion Pit - Sleepyhead, final answer.

onesteptwostep

Local time

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
Yesterday, 20:30
This is a tough batch.

Fairly certain it's not Joe Hisaishi.
Mogwai's name stood out to me at first as the odd one out but having listened to it I'm finding it particularly unoffensive.
Balmorhea is fairly well-known and well-liked, as far as I'm aware.
Got impatient here and started skipping to the middle, but this Mum song is nice from what I can tell. I doubt it's this one.
The Godspeed! song was nothing special musically, imo, but the name again is recognizable.

My top three is split between Mogwai, Balmorhea and Godspeed!.
Mogwai seems to have the least use of strings out of the three, so that's a good enough reason for me to choose that, I guess.

Mogwai.

onesteptwostep

Local time
Nope and nay. The reason for my dislike of this particular song is simple actually. It doesn't have to do much with good sounds at all. The problem with this song is that it breaks the focus off.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Moya - Godspeed You! Black Emperor

It takes forever to get started and then lurks around before kicking in unexpectedly around 5min. The build afterwards is very loud with a dramatic rise, in contrast to the others which soft, wispy or sad throughout.

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
To me, it's quite clearly the Joe Hisaishi one. It's of a very different temperament than the others.

onesteptwostep

Local time
No.. by process of elimination there's only one left, so I'll give the reason why and let the next poster lead (the game).

The reason is this, in the middle the artist suddenly uses her voice which distracts from the tranquil of the song. It steals the focus away from the sentiment which the melody already provided. Repetitive and distracting. Two forms of music in one, without synthesis. It's a pity because the song starts off nice. Also- to be fair Moya isn't high up on the list for me either, but it redeems itself in the last 2 minutes.

And that's that.

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
Yeah that one was my last pick. I didn't listen to it long enough to hear the vocals.

(you can guess it even without hearing the music)
Really? I'll try giving that a shot, then.
Classical isn't really my area of expertise but as far as I'm aware, Bach, Wagner, and Vivaldi are all within the same sphere and I'm pretty sure Handel is as well, which leaves Purcell who I don't think I've even heard of.

TAC

Inspectorist
Local time
Today, 04:30
Edit: whoops didn't read the rules. I will wait until I am correct

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
Really? I'll try giving that a shot, then.
Classical isn't really my area of expertise but as far as I'm aware, Bach, Wagner, and Vivaldi are all within the same sphere and I'm pretty sure Handel is as well, which leaves Purcell who I don't think I've even heard of.
It's not Purcell. But there are definitely 4 that belong to the same category and one that doesnt.

Top Bottom