• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Music For Sleeping

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
Today 12:38 AM
-->
I love listening to music as I fall to sleep.. of course, I love listening to music during mostly all woken moments as well. Post relaxing songs that you think would be perfect for a lazy afternoon or a late night. Remember to use spoiler tags. I'll start! Please only post one song at a time. It's hard to appreciate everything when it's packaged in bulk.

IndigoSensor

Is Not A Sensor
Local time
-->
The title kind of gives it away, but the entire album is like this. Half of the music on my itunes could be used for sleeping to:

Laika - Almost Sleeping
Genre: Ambient/Trip-Hop

Sparrow

Banned
Local time
Today 2:38 AM
-->

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
-->
@Anamalech: Do you not read? There, I bolded the instructions. ONE SONG AT A TIME, PLEASE!

Saeros

Destroyer of Worlds
Local time
Today 5:38 PM
-->

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 7:38 AM
-->
Somnium by Robert Rich comes to mind. Posting a youtube link would be pointless because the shortest song on that album is 1:59 long, hours, that is.

Somnium (2001) is an album by the American ambient musician Robert Rich. It is a seven-hour album on a DVD-video and is based on Rich’s sleep concert series of the early 1980’s. Like those concerts, the music on this album was composed to influence the dreams and pre-REM hypnogogic visions of the listener. For this purpose it is suggested that the volume be kept down to the threshold of perceptibility, ideally with speakers surrounding the listener’s bed. Rich also recommends this album for conventional listening.

For a brief period at the beginning of the album there is a slightly more active texture while the listener adjusts the volume and settles down to sleep. As the music progresses it slowly drifts through a variety of electronic drones as well as acoustic source material and nature recordings. The third and final track gradually fades into a morning atmosphere filled with bird songs.

In order to allow for the album's seven-hour length it was released on the DVD-video format instead of DVD-Audio. Rich also wanted to avoid the digital artifacts caused by compression. To achieve this the frames of video that a DVD player uses to navigate inside a chapter were not included. In spite of this, the second track had to be compressed using Dolby AC-3 encoding in order to maintain the album’s length.

Track listing

"Part 1" – 155:00 (2:35:00)
"Part 2" – 119:57 (1:59:57)
"Part 3" – 144:54 (2:24:54)

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
-->
Yeah I was thinking you know, post every now and then.. but I don't want anyone to run over the thread. I like the diversity of thought so I'm trying to encourage as many different people to post as possible. :cool:

dark

Bring this savage back home.
Local time
-->
I found on accident that the Radiohead album "In Rainbows" is at least for me the easiest thing to sleep to. I have problems sleeping and when I first listened to this album I fell asleep. I refrain from driving while listening to this album because it causes me to get sleepy.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 11:38 PM
-->
^ Dimensional Transition's twin?

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
Today 7:38 AM
-->
Holy shit...
I made an animation called Brainfeeder. I love Flying Lotus, I know FlyLo has a song called Brainfeeder, and I'm a fan of Bill Cosby photoshops...

SIR, WHO ARE YOU? I NEED TO KNOW.

Local time
Yesterday 11:38 PM
-->
im just some dude who likes poptarts and flying lotus, and photoshops of bill cosby holding weed

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
Today 6:38 AM
-->
BBC radio four is all I need...

toastedtruth

est. 1995
Local time
Today 6:38 AM
-->
M83 - Hurry up, we're dreaming. Title also gives it away. It's full of great synths and lyrics (somewhat meaningless). The album expresses how people of different ages dream. Watch the video for Reunion, I love it.

cerebedlam

Local time
-->
The new Steve Wilson/Mike Akerfeldt collaboration - Storm Corrosion is mostly a mellow, ambient, atmospheric journey through toasty and mushy soundscapery. The whole darn thing is sleepytime music...

I listen to much Miles Davis 'fore bed...He's def not a raucous jazzman...He likes that muted horn...And, me likey him 'cause of it.

Try something like Bitches' Brew or Sketches of Spain whilst retiring for the eve.

Top Bottom