• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Much Belated Hello

shortbuss

Local time
Today 8:11 AM
-->
No idea when I became a member here, but I thought I'd introduce myself cause I dunno, I'm bored :)

I'm INTP, but I am close to INFP and I think I've recently developed my Sensing in regards to the way I process the world. I think I'm fairly well-rounded, and I genuinely like being curious and inquisitive so I'm a fan of the INTP personality generally.

The biggest thing I dislike about INTP personalities is when Thinking individuals completely or largely reject the value of Feeling oriented perspectives and ideas.

Anyway, I'm just a normal girl, and there isn't much to know about me really. If I had to summarize I'd say I'm a shy, kind, intelligent, and depressed person. I love art, knowledge, sound logic, compassion, truth, debate, honesty, authentic discussion, and...well, I love a lot of stuff. I'd say what I hate, but I don't feel like getting myself pissed off and upset, lol, so screw it.

Well, that was fun. I sufficiently killed a couple minutes.

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
-->
Why are there are so many girls in this forum? -_-"

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
Today 2:11 AM
-->
Welcome!

As an aside, concerning that which one hates causing negative affect. The value of learning the skill of forgiveness, is the freedom from such negativity and memories of pain/frustration. There is a common misconception that forgiveness primarily benefits the forgiven and not the forgiver, this is not the case.

I usually don't even inform those that I have forgiven, that I have done so...;) :D

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 1:11 AM
-->
So, what is your preference in 'art' ?

hurricanejane

↓ It's called a butterphant ↓
Local time
-->
:elephant: a belated welcome for your belated hello!

So as an INTp your self would you say you reject Feeling oriented perspectives and ideas?

shortbuss

Local time
-->

Well we are half the population, so...anyway, it's the internet, so the men are usually the ones that outnumber us women.

There is a common misconception that forgiveness primarily benefits the forgiven and not the forgiver, this is not the case.
I agree. I find your concept here to be very transcendent and wise. I hope I remember this the next time I have trouble forgiving someone.

So, what is your preference in 'art' ?
My use of the word art was intentionally left broad because I am a fan of all kinds. I have some graphic novels and a bitchin' Batman comic (depicting the 'Year One' story) remade by some modern graphic novelists. I enjoy an eclectic variety of music. I enjoy experiencing any kind of visual arts even if I dislike the work, only because it's fun to analyze art and being opinionated about something totally subjective for the hell of it. And of course, I have an affinity for animated films that take the medium to exceptional heights. There's nothing more satisfying to me than an animated feature rich in detail and precision in visual execution. One of my favorite animated films is 'Porco Rosso', but if you want something that will utterly shatter everything you think you know about animated movies then I'd recommend 'Akira'...and maybe 'FLCL' if you want to see the most experimental, jaw-dropping animation in existence (however, you may not like the show otherwise cause it's...different.).

So as an INTp your self would you say you reject Feeling oriented perspectives and ideas?

I'm just slightly more Thinking than Feeling so I do not ignore the merit of certain feeling based ideas. The key in my experience is to understand whether Thinking or Feeling is appropriate for the given situation. It's all about context.

Maybe you could tell a friend that they're belief in god is illogical and improbable, but sometimes it is better to let someone believe what they want to believe if it makes them feel better. This would be an example of when a Feeling decision may be more apt than a Thinking one. I think it's important to weigh whether the validation of our truth is more important than the well-being of others. If nobody is being hurt by your friend and their beliefs, and these false notions are what keep your friend from falling into despair- then let them be happy, and let them be wrong.

Anyway, thanks for all the yummy questions and comments. I enjoyed responding, and thanks for the belated welcome :)

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 8:11 PM
-->
Between Kuu, Melkor, Anthile, SpaceYeti and myself why wouldn't there be? :D

Yeah yeah okay you can knock me off that list :(

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 5:11 PM
-->

And put me on AWW YEAH! (ok maybe not)

Welcome I guess ^^

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
-->
Well we are half the population, so...anyway, it's the internet, so the men are usually the ones that outnumber us women.
Half of which population? The world's? My point is exactly that. The fact is that, on most forums, the men overwhelmingly outnumber the women. But, in this forum, it does not follow the same equation. There are too many girls. Thus, there must be some socio-psych discovery one can dig unto here.

Oh and welcome.

And put me on AWW YEAH! (ok maybe not)
and I was just about to write something condescending.

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Hello.

[knowledge, sound logic, compassion, truth, debate, honesty, authentic discussion]

I can't help but think compassion doesn't fit the list, even if it's not 'that weird'. I don't know why, it's just screaming 'I DON'T FIT IN'.

MichiganJFrog

Rupert Pupkin's stalker
Local time
Today 2:11 AM
-->
Sup.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
My use of the word art was intentionally left broad because I am a fan of all kinds. I have some graphic novels and a bitchin' Batman comic (depicting the 'Year One' story) remade by some modern graphic novelists. I enjoy an eclectic variety of music. I enjoy experiencing any kind of visual arts even if I dislike the work, only because it's fun to analyze art and being opinionated about something totally subjective for the hell of it.

Good answer. Hides guillotine.

And of course, I have an affinity for animated films that take the medium to exceptional heights. There's nothing more satisfying to me than an animated feature rich in detail and precision in visual execution. One of my favorite animated films is 'Porco Rosso', but if you want something that will utterly shatter everything you think you know about animated movies then I'd recommend 'Akira'...and maybe 'FLCL' if you want to see the most experimental, jaw-dropping animation in existence (however, you may not like the show otherwise cause it's...different.).

I must admit my preference for animation over the limits of traditional film.

Akira and FLCL will shatter my conceptions of animation? Heh... too late. You don't know who you're talking to :evil: I've seen some of Miyazaki's work, but not Porco Rosso... I'll have to check it out. You should watch Mononoke (not Princess, just Mononoke), for an animation treat.

shortbuss

Local time
-->
Hello.

[knowledge, sound logic, compassion, truth, debate, honesty, authentic discussion]

I can't help but think compassion doesn't fit the list, even if it's not 'that weird'. I don't know why, it's just screaming 'I DON'T FIT IN'.

Without compassion I might be an Ayn Rand libertarian. I think I value it because I was treated poorly by people when I was younger, and I know what it would have meant for others to have just shown me some simple kindness when I really needed it.

This has made me a sincerely polite and courteous person, but whenever I feel I am being disrespected, or that someone I respect is being disrespected, I tell people off rather bluntly, though I try to be concise about it these days.

Haha, maybe I'm just polite so I can feel self-righteous when I give back a little hatred to the world. I don't even care.

I'll be cool to you if you're cool to me is my motto.

1st-November-2011 :D

Well, then I guess this November is gonna be my 1st anniversary here...Oh shit it says my join date right under my avatar...what is wrong with me?...I'm usually high on something so I'm gonna blame my obliviousness on the drugs...or maybe on the drank.

Good answer. Hides guillotine.
What is this witchcraft?!

also, I'll look into this Mononoke minus the Princess business of which you speak.

Top Bottom