• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Movie Scenes

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 10:32 PM
-->

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Local time
Today 7:32 AM
-->
Try The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, it's not your typical Western, but very, very good.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:32 AM
-->
You know any other good westerns? I didn't much like a Fistful of Dollars but the other two in the series were great. I've also seen Jeremiah Johnson and the Magnificent Seven(1960).
Try something from Akira Kurosawa. He made a number of 'westerns' in a Japanese feudal setting. The 7 samurai or Yojinbo would be a good starter.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Try The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, it's not your typical Western, but very, very good.
Try something from Akira Kurosawa. He made a number of 'westerns' in a Japanese feudal setting. The 7 samurai or Yojinbo would be a good starter.
Thanks for the recs.

Sierra Madre was difficult to watch; it has a plot that could have been avoided if people acted rationally. Still it was amusing to watch Bogart descend into madness, and the guy with the golden hat. I think you could draw parallels between the three main characters and Hemingway's A Clean, Well-Lighted Place.

Seven Samurai is the longest film I've ever watched but the pacing was excellent. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't seen Magnificent Seven first.

Immediately I picked up on their influences in other works:

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 12:32 AM
-->

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 12:32 AM
-->
There's a way to make an entrance.. LOL

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Local time
Today 7:32 AM
-->
Oh man, that was great. Twin Peaks is great. Every scene is eerie and contains an underlying hint of madness. What a bizarre town with even stranger characters.

Top Bottom