• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Modern day Nikola Tesla

Maximum7

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:18 PM
-->
Tesla was one of the most brilliant scientists of all time. He was a visionary and was probably close to creating wireless electricity. If Tesla lived today, what 25 things do you think he could invent?

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:18 AM
-->
Single molecule motors.
Efficient graphene production.
Efficient carbon nanotube production.
Efficient buckyball production, just because.
More later.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 12:18 PM
-->
John Von Neumann

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Tomorrow 4:18 AM
-->
Death rays obviously. He'd probably get away with it this time too

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Tomorrow 3:48 AM
-->
I guess I don't think the world lacks his genius?

While we have no celebrity poster fuckbois such as Da Vinci, Tesla, Newton, or Einstein alive today, I'm assuming the overall power of scientific institutions is higher than it has ever been. Our population is much greater than it was at the time Tesla was born, we're statistically favoured to crank out 4-5 times as many geniuses, and those geniuses are going to have a better environment than they've ever had before, with all the benefits of the genius that came before them.

So I guess I don't think he'd make that much of a difference. It seems like these days science is less about the contribution of individuals and more about collaboration.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 11:18 AM
-->
Tesla didn't change the world like he could have. He wasn't a physicist. They changed the world more with how we think about reality. Is it just me or is he overrated? But it shows what happens when you try to compete with big corporate industry.

Top Bottom