• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Mafia Signups Thread

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Yesterday 7:28 PM
-->
Shit. Too late to sign up. Well, add me in as a substitute please :)
....and you're in!

new role call is

1. Happy
2. Rook
3. Minuend
4. RB
5. PMJ
6. Latte
7. Helvete
8. Cheese
9. John

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 3:28 AM
-->
Yay Latte! I just opened this thread to say he should play and fate delivered. :D

I will need the spec thread. Yall better deliver, this is my only source of entertainment with my computer away

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 11:28 AM
-->
So Dr. Who thread is open. I need a bit of a break before jumping in again, so I'm going to do a relaxed day of work and come back in the evening.

Latte

Preferably Not Redundant
Local time
Today 3:28 AM
-->
Yay Latte! I just opened this thread to say he should play and fate delivered. :D

I will need the spec thread. Yall better deliver, this is my only source of entertainment with my computer away

They call me the absolute mailman

Because I always deliver
ae6b178d0d545061ae1c513c5c96c9a2.jpg

Which is why I need a new liver so please send one so I can deliver the liver to my delivered self

You should come play next round! What happened to your computer? Did it go on vacation? Is a part in to be replaced or repaired via warranty? If necromancy existed, it should work on computers. Having an undead computer would be so rad I would likely kill mine for the privilege.

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
Mexican Cartel Mafia

Standard rules; no cheating, in thread communication, plurality lynch etc... This will be clearer in OP

9 players:

1 Cartel Boss (town)
6 Cartel (town)
2 Undercover agents (scum)

The Boss has a day kill ability which is performed by one of the cartel members. At the start of the game Boss will have a free peek at one Cartel which they can direct this kill through later. Once the kill has been performed it will reveal the identity of the chosen cartel whilst simultaneously revealing the Boss to that cartel member privately. The kill is one shot so after it's spent the Boss has no remaining powers and is still unknown to all but the revealed cartel member.

This is a fairly experimental setup which may change and is open to input.

Who's interested? :D

1) Sinny
2)redbaron
3)

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 2:28 AM
-->
Me.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
/in Helvete

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Yesterday 8:28 PM
-->
Its Town sided.

You have an IC (Innocent Child) (who the Mafia will have to kill as soon as they reveal), a player who the IC will never be voting for (and consequently can clear the cartel boss) and basically a 1-shot vig for Town and nothing for Mafia. An interesting option would be to give Mafia a 1(or 2)-shot Doc for their faction and have the kill that the chosen cartel member to execute the kill to be unknown to them. This would mean the Cartel boss chooses who is killed. I'd also keep the chosen cartel from knowing who is the cartel boss so that you don't end up with 2 cleared Town.

As I understand it, The cartel boss basically get a free peek N0 and that peek then becomes known by the rest of Town clearing 2 Townies right off the bat. Mafias only option is to make the same play. Since you have 2 pairs who are clearing each other, as soon as one person from those pairs is Lynched, its game over for Mafia. To make matters worse for mafia, Town has a free vig shot so CCing isn't even a good option.

Sorry, the game is broken.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Town sided is better anyway. Most setups that have a close to 50/50 winrate are supposedly "town sided".

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Town sided is better anyway. Most setups that have a close to 50/50 winrate are supposedly "town sided".

Fair enough.. But if Mafia gets steam rolled, don't say I didn't warn.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 11:29 AM
-->
The problem with town sided games is they aren't fun though. I know sure it sounds fun in theory for town to win but if it's too easy it's kinda a let down and town has fun when losing but mafia is awful losing. At least that's my opinion.

Edit: He says that before wondering if he's lost any games as mafia. Oh right yes the game I replaced into... that doesn't count. :D

Edit2: I would say the problem with this game is there isn't reasonable doubt. There is no potential for an epic treestump claim or mafia having the ability to outplay a bad situation.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
9-player games don't lend themselves well to creative balancing unfortunately, so there's not much that can be done. If it was 11 players I think you could tweak it to make it work. A 3v8 is technically 'mafia sided' but it would be less so if there was a 3-way masonry + 1-shot vig. The 1-shot vig is kinda unnecessary even.

Masons are effectively a Cop read of not guilty. Masons can be game-breaking in some circumstances and really lacklustre in others. They're often frustrating for either alignment to play with because Mason behaviour can mimic Mafia behaviour.

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
Its Town sided.

You have an IC (Innocent Child) (who the Mafia will have to kill as soon as they reveal), a player who the IC will never be voting for (and consequently can clear the cartel boss) and basically a 1-shot vig for Town and nothing for Mafia. An interesting option would be to give Mafia a 1(or 2)-shot Doc for their faction and have the kill that the chosen cartel member to execute the kill to be unknown to them. This would mean the Cartel boss chooses who is killed. I'd also keep the chosen cartel from knowing who is the cartel boss so that you don't end up with 2 cleared Town.

As I understand it, The cartel boss basically get a free peek N0 and that peek then becomes known by the rest of Town clearing 2 Townies right off the bat. Mafias only option is to make the same play. Since you have 2 pairs who are clearing each other, as soon as one person from those pairs is Lynched, its game over for Mafia. To make matters worse for mafia, Town has a free vig shot so CCing isn't even a good option.

Sorry, the game is broken.

I actually like this idea. Either this or the cartel boss's identity has to remain hidden, ie once the chosen cartel member kills someone, he still cannot reveal the cartel boss.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I actually like this idea. Either this or the cartel boss's identity has to remain hidden, ie once the chosen cartel member kills someone, he still cannot reveal the cartel boss.

You would have to do it both ways because the cartel boss can just confirm the IC before they make the shot anyways. Still clears both, still leads to Scum having to deal with 2 clears forcing them to CC.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Hmm there might be a way to work in a free assassination ability if the cartel leader is revealed.

Or maybe give them one chance to correctly identify the Leader and if they get it right he dies. That allows town to have fun as well while balancing the two confirmed town aspect.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
Today 2:29 AM
-->
Kinda want, but I've decided to never play again after the farce that was my last game.

Fuck you, RB.

Destroyer of dreams; crusher of hope.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
What'd I do?

I can /out if you want.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
It's alright if a game is town-sided.

Either way, Mafia can still win. A win simply becomes less likely if the set up favours one side.

When do registrations close?

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
Registrations close when I have nine playa's incl you pmj and artsu :-8

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
Today 2:29 AM
-->
/IN for Helvete

Dick /OUT for Harambe

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
Registrations close when I have nine playa's incl you pmj and artsu :-8

Who is "you" and what are their MBTI types???

I'll put down a reservation.

Never know what will happen, But I want to play.

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
Sorry for my grammatical shortcomings. "You" is referring to the listed names and not indicating a third party. Therefore there isn't a specific mbti type but a range between the two variables included.

We have 5 test subjects awaiting experimentation, please can we have 4 more? It would be most benificial.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
So, is this game/experiment still going to be happening?

I've cleared up some free time. :p

Who else wants to sign up if it is?!

btw, I had thought the "you" may have been a reference to how Artsu is more of a character than a reflection of who I am. I had figured I probably post as though I am a different personality type to what I really am... if that is the sort of thing that interests you... ? :p

Bad Itch

Push to Start
Local time
Yesterday 10:29 PM
-->
So, is this game/experiment still going to be happening?

I've cleared up some free time.

Who else wants to sign up if it is?!

btw, I had thought the "you" may have been a reference to how Artsu is more of a character than a reflection of who I am. I had figured I probably post as though I am a different personality type to what I really am... if that is the sort of thing that interests you... ? :p
Thanks for bumping this... I've been close to doing the same for days. ;)

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Is this thing going to happen or what?

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
-->
Apologies everyone (please don't murder my ass) but I will withdraw from hosting for the time being as my workload has increased plus I'm looking for somewhere new to live. Hopefully things will have settled by a month or so. In the meantime if anyone wants to take on hosting responsibilities they are welcome to. I know, I'm terrible.

I intended to post when I wanted to start then the logistics of shit kept fucking things up, so feel free to lynch me first.

lynch helvete

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Vote Helvete

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
Apologies everyone (please don't murder my ass) but I will withdraw from hosting for the time being as my workload has increased plus I'm looking for somewhere new to live. Hopefully things will have settled by a month or so. In the meantime if anyone wants to take on hosting responsibilities they are welcome to. I know, I'm terrible.

I intended to post when I wanted to start then the logistics of shit kept fucking things up, so feel free to lynch me first.

lynch helvete

No worries dude.

I wish you luck with your present endeavours.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Shapelog

Local time
Yesterday 9:29 PM
-->
/in for Any game

I am back bitches.

(I might not know what game I am actually signing up for but who cares.)

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 3:29 PM
-->
It would be fun if we could create some kind of scenario and have murder scenes and what not. Then there could be actual murders to investigate.

It could be DND style, where someone sets a baseline for what kinds of murder weapons and world the players are in.

But mafia get to plan out how they want to murder someone and ultimately who they want to frame. That way, the game is more interactive. It's gives people things to actually talk about, instead of forcing players to talk just to avoid suspicion. That's the only flaw I have with this game.

Shapelog

Local time
Yesterday 9:29 PM
-->
It would be fun if we could create some kind of scenario and have murder scenes and what not. Then there could be actual murders to investigate.

It could be DND style, where someone sets a baseline for what kinds of murder weapons and world the players are in.

But mafia get to plan out how they want to murder someone and ultimately who they want to frame. That way, the game is more interactive. It's gives people things to actually talk about, instead of forcing players to talk just to avoid suspicion. That's the only flaw I have with this game.

It would take a while, but I could design a mafia game like this.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
omg, I would send you a treat if you did.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
How many more signs are needed?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
/in

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
/out

Heh.. If this is anything like trying to arrange plans in my life, we'll be waiting a year or more.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
/SIGN IN 4 ALL TEH GAMEZZZZZZ

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
You actually going to play this time?

oi I actually put a lot of effort into my first game, my tactics were just super sneaky (AND super effective, c'mon, not a single mafioso lost!!!)

and i always am playing by spirit. :rip:

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
oi I actually put a lot of effort into my first game, my tactics were just super sneaky (AND super effective, c'mon, not a single mafioso lost!!!)

and i always am playing by spirit. :rip:

Being results oriented is no way to make progress. leave that to to football players.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Here is a game I would like to play with some of you from this site on another. Its is really a unique setup. Its not in signups yet, but I bring this too you now so people have enough time to see it and can contact me if they want to play in it or not.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
I'll play if this can be my avatar
tumblr_static_7o2phietvwo40ogcw00s8wcwk.png
, it's not on this site, and I reserve the right to quit should people make their roles personal...because that's stupid...it's not real, it's a game, would you agree?

Top Bottom