• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Looking for new music, instrumental if possible

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Tomorrow 4:55 AM
-->
I listen to instrumental, but I feel like I need new music to listen to because they're the only ones I've been listening to on the train for the last year or so.

Something along the the muses of Rachel's, Balmorhea, and Explosions in the Sky.

Any suggestions?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 2:55 PM
-->

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
I'm not really into classical. I can listen to it, but I feel like classical forces too much simplistic emotions. Like the link you posted, I feel like the music imposes emotions on you (like happiness or delight) whereas with instrumental, the music invokes emotions, like mystery, awe, introspection or a principle of somesort, like steadfastness or determination.

I like listening to harpsichords, though, those things are decent. Erik Satie gets to me when I feel a little melancholic. Other than that, I'm not too familiar with classical to really judge it as a whole.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 2:55 PM
-->
I'm not really into classical. I can listen to it, but I feel like classical forces too much simplistic emotions. Like the link you posted, I feel like the music imposes emotions on you (like happiness or delight) whereas with instrumental, the music invokes emotions, like mystery, awe, introspection or a principle of somesort, like steadfastness or determination.

I like listening to harpsichords, though, those things are decent. Erik Satie gets to me when I feel a little melancholic. Other than that, I'm not too familiar with classical to really judge it as a whole.

I have no idea what you are talking about, but its prolly subjective.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
-->
Well, yeah, it is subjective, because interpretation by definition is subjective, I guess. So they're definitely subjective. :o

Top Bottom