• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Keeping your eyes open

Ex-User (15237)

Local time
Today, 10:32
Qus I would like to talk about.
I found out I am an INTJ
But as I thought I was an INTP in past hope you guys will still accept me in this forum.

1. How much different the world is from our imagination.
  2. How many frames of reality should we change and how often.
  3. Should we be worried about the social structures of the society in contrast to seeing the future we desire.
  4. Is it a out of reach goal to desire a mega structure which could create another bigbang before the entropy hits max
  5. Should we work in solitude just because we all are flawed at times to people who we think less of.
  6. Which frame of reality is the most stable and productive place to be in.
  7. Should we be romantic even tho we know that it's just a story we want in our experience.
  8. Is it better to be ignorant of the current state of truth so we can move ahead without worry or should we take time to figure out the state of truth first.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:32
But as I thought I was an INTP in past hope you guys will still accept me in this forum.
Just don't be a sophist and we're all good.
e.g. Dishonestly using epistemological skepticism to disregard other people's arguments only to then assert your own faith based nonsense.

How much different the world is from our imagination.
Depends upon the individual's willingness to prioritize truth above what they wish to be true, some people are alarmingly out of touch with reality.

How many frames of reality should we change and how often.
Frames?

Should we be worried about the social structures of the society in contrast to seeing the future we desire.
As a budding transhuman who worries about having his human rights revoked I believe we should because the day that theistic lynch mob comes for me any pretense of holding the secular moral high ground is gone.

Is it a out of reach goal to desire a mega structure which could create another bigbang before the entropy hits max
That's essentially a bomb with no minimum safe distance, fuck yeah I'm in.

Should we work in solitude just because we all are flawed at times to people who we think less of.
A cunt needs to be told they're a cunt, otherwise how else would they know?

Which frame of reality is the most stable and productive place to be in.
Robots are awesome.

Should we be romantic even tho we know that it's just a story we want in our experience.
Well if we're to get all existential about it, what isn't?

Is it better to be ignorant of the current state of truth so we can move ahead without worry or should we take time to figure out the state of truth first
The best we can do is act upon truth as we know it whilst continually striving to improve that knowledge.

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
Today, 10:32
How much different the world is from our imagination.
That's the problem with us visual thinkers. Fantasy will never meet reality, be thankful you can even create a visual fatnasy in your head, a lot of people can't. They're grounded by bleak reality.

How many frames of reality should we change and how often.
Do you mean frames of reference percieving reality? You know there isn't a universal numerical value, though I usually seek another frame of reference when I feel dull by repeating myself, or I find I become rigid in a discussion.

Should we be worried about the social structures of the society in contrast to seeing the future we desire.
Not really, our cognitive stack allows us to live relatively free from social structures that aren't the rule of law. Most legislation revolves around resource acquisition or civilian disputes. If we operate as hermits separate from complex social arrangements then we're relatively free from civil disputes. Likewise, we tend to value ideas and concepts above all else to which extravagant material items wouldn't dent our mood or populate our mind for very long.
Is it a out of reach goal to desire a mega structure which could create another bigbang before the entropy hits max
The question is why you would desire creating another universe, in replacement of this one or separate from it. It is out of reach if you haven't worked towards that goal, yes. You may be interested in the conception of a new world as that illicits a grand visualization in your head of society, the members inside that society and star-travel. Nothing is impossible if you can understand how to reliably manipulate matter, but then you're basically a god at that point. We're far from such powers yet.

Should we work in solitude just because we all are flawed at times to people who we think less of.
You work as you see fit. Having said that the more complex your ambition is the more you'll have to rely on communication to fulfill it. That's not to say you need to talk to everybody, particularly the people you think "less of", but you aren't going to get far by deluding yourself into thinking you will do everything.

Which frame of reality is the most stable and productive place to be in.
Working towards a goal you wholly believe to be the most important and necessary goal that will change your future. Your future can be substituted for a moral principle you believe, such as preserving humanity. Another meta-narrative is plucked for the ambitious.

Should we be romantic even tho we know that it's just a story we want in our experience.
You should be romantic in real life to balance out your romantic fantasy, yes.

Is it better to be ignorant of the current state of truth so we can move ahead without worry or should we take time to figure out the state of truth first
Finite time, finite resources, endless information. You have to make a selection at each moment, there is no absolute principle we should employ.

Top Bottom