• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gargamel

Banned
Local time
Today 5:24 PM
-->
I rather be a little bit dumber and be able to accomplish what I want to do than being a little bit smarter and be sitting on my ass all day doing nothing.

Sincerely,

Your INTJ friend.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Tomorrow 6:24 AM
-->
I'd rather just design a system where I sit on my ass and other people accomplish goals for me.

Enjoy getting my coffee. Idiot.

GodOfOrder

Local time
Today 4:24 PM
-->
I'd enjoy leaving the system and watching you all eventually crash and burn. :rip:

Local time
Today 9:24 PM
-->
Stylish and available in several colors!

blinders-ad-8x6.jpg

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:24 PM
-->
I rather be a little bit dumber and be able to accomplish what I want to do than being a little bit smarter and be sitting on my ass all day doing nothing.

Sincerely,

Your INTJ ISTJ friend.

Fixed.

Cavalli

"Tyger, Tyger"
Local time
Tomorrow 4:24 AM
-->
I'd rather just design a system where I sit on my ass and other people accomplish goals for me.

You sir are going in my signature if there are no objections!

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->

Gargamel

Banned
Local time
-->

Good luck with that, I think we'll all be dead before that system is finished.

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I said a little dumber, not a lot.

Well creating a thread with an unbearably cliched title in which you come out swinging against total strangers suggests that you either: a) are a spectacular idiot who gets off on arguing against a strawman, or b) are trying to convince yourself of something. Maybe that your perpetual marathon in the hamster wheel means something? Well, lucky for you, nothing takes the edge off of cognitive dissonance like some good old persecution, so let the blows rain down until that restless feeling of self-loathing evaporates.

Sincerely,

An actual INTJ

Lulz.

I was just thinking that the OP is very passive aggressive for an INTJ.

If it quacks like a duck...

Ex-User (9062)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I said a little dumber, not a lot.

No, seriously... What is the point of this thread?
Your last post dates back to 31st-July-2012 and out of the blue you decide to boot up your computer, come to this place and throw a cryptic tantrum at no one specific.
It's mind boggling.
Explain yourself. :confused:

The Gopher

President
Local time
Tomorrow 6:24 AM
-->
Cavalli... I need to hug you one day. Sorry for the random thought I was just thinking about hugging the OP then realised you were new(ish) here.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->

sammael

Adrift
Local time
Tomorrow 8:24 AM
-->
Heh, does sound very STJ-ish. The whole 'just work hard, look busy' ethic. Well actually, that's missing out a whole lot. It doesn't take into account efficiency, effectiveness of work, developing quicker and easier ways to do something. I don't know anyone that's gotten anywhere on that alone, because working hard without working smart achieves little.These guys are the industrious idiots, INTPs are the lazy geniuses.

a little bit smarter and be sitting on my ass all day doing nothing.

From Anna Moss's The Secret Lives of INTPs:

Actually, an INTP will put intense mental effort into processing problems, including sleepness nights and days spent reading, studying, or staring into nothingness while smoking hot gears whirl in their head. But to outsiders, the only sign that work is going on is a bead of saliva gliding down the corner of the INTP’s mouth, provided that the INTP can be seen behind the cover of their book.

If you watch a team of horses working, you can see sweat on straining muscles and listen to the snorting breaths as the horses bear their load along. But if you watch a computer work, you hear a quiet hum and there are some little lights that flicker, apparently indicating strenuous activity. ENTPs, ENTJs, and INTJs are like the team of horses--it’s easy to see how hard they work. But what of the INTP computer that is being overclocked to the point of meltdown? There’s no way of appreciating how hard your computer is working by staring at the warm plastic casing. This is the problem of INTP laziness: cogitation just doesn’t count as real work in the eyes of most.

Think of it this way: a brain on its own can do no work, but hands on their own have no ideas to carry out. Does one call a cerebellum lazy because it does not crawl out of one’s skull and do real work with the hands? Or does one simply say, “The cerebellum’s fulltime job is to create ideas. It is the job of the hands to carry those ideas out”?

....Generally speaking, an INTP would rather come up with an elaborate system that will automatically perform the chore for them than do the chore themselves. The creation of the system will require a hundred times more labor than the chore itself, but the INTP won't mind. They like creating systems. “And,” they will add happily, “This will solve the problem once and for all!” Other types find this mindset incomprehensible. “Why not just take out the trash! It only takes a minute,” they say, shaking their heads. Then they go about their daily work, using various labor-saving devices designed by INTPs who didn't want to do monotonous repetitive tasks that only take a minute. Goodness knows how much human progress is driven by such laziness.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 4:24 PM
-->
Mommy mommy the itj is so cute, can we keep him??? Huh, Huh, Huh? PLEEEEEEEEEASE???

Lulz.

I was just thinking that the OP is very passive aggressive for an INTJ.

I don't. *zing!*

juansk

Skeptic
Local time
-->
Im a well developed INTP and i got the drive to do something that i feel passion about. For example, im developing a theory (its pretty advanced, got several reviews as ive been developing it) that could have a huge impact on macroeconomics. If it works ok (it will, ive checked that out), then people will be studying it at most of world economics schools. Suck it, big time. My name will be on capital letters on those books.

Cavalli

"Tyger, Tyger"
Local time
-->
Cavalli... I need to hug you one day. Sorry for the random thought I was just thinking about hugging the OP then realised you were new(ish) here.

Oh, okay. Hi there ^.^ You can have all my internet hugs for now good sir/ma'am Gopher!
-EDIT-
But of course next time I'm out wherever you are, or you're down under you can have some of my hugs!
Had?

[bIMGx=500]http://i.imgur.com/Z1yaFxL.gif[/bIMGx]

*capitalism as it has so far been implemented.

Yes had. I don't buy into that pathetic shit. There's a small percentage of the population who are just born into situations where they are shit out of luck, the whole other 95% of people just need to quit making excuses for their failures. I think you failed to identify that as a piece of propaganda by a Communist my dear friend.

Im a well developed INTP and i got the drive to do something that i feel passion about. For example, im developing a theory (its pretty advanced, got several reviews as ive been developing it) that could have a huge impact on macroeconomics. If it works ok (it will, ive checked that out), then people will be studying it at most of world economics schools. Suck it, big time. My name will be on capital letters on those books.

Best I get all friendly with you so that I can one day be famous-by-association then hum?

juansk

Skeptic
Local time
-->
Oh, okay. Hi there ^.^ You can have all my internet hugs for now good sir/ma'am Gopher!
-EDIT-
But of course next time I'm out wherever you are, or you're down under you can have some of my hugs!

Yes had. I don't buy into that pathetic shit. There's a small percentage of the population who are just born into situations where they are shit out of luck, the whole other 95% of people just need to quit making excuses for their failures. I think you failed to identify that as a piece of propaganda by a Communist my dear friend.

Best I get all friendly with you so that I can one day be famous-by-association then hum?

No freeriders allowed, sorry my man

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->

Small percentage? It's not just the lower class and the employed homeless of the United States and/or any other 'first world' nation; the globalization of capitalism affects all countries where there are industries exploiting employing the local population.

I think it's you who fail to see that it's not an issue of "failure" and "making excuses". Have you never heard of wage slavery, illegal workers, and sweatshops?

You're calling tens of millions, if not hundreds, of working class people failures who make excuses when they struggle to find and maintain employment that doesn't even guarantee a living wage.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Well you may not realize this but differences in income, material situation, and thus possibilities of changing anything in personal life are striking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Hunger_Index

Humans have developed enough to eradicate hunger on earth, basic element of survival and yet there are still people who receive less care than domestic animals.

I don't even want to delve into more nuances of world poverty and inequalities.
How you call communist propaganda is what you call state induced opinion, or else capitalist propaganda.

Cavalli

"Tyger, Tyger"
Local time
-->
Small percentage? It's not just the lower class and the employed homeless of the United States and/or any other 'first world' nation; the globalization of capitalism affects all countries where there are industries exploiting employing the local population.

I think it's you who fail to see that it's not an issue of "failure" and "making excuses". Have you never heard of wage slavery, illegal workers, and sweatshops?

You're calling tens of millions, if not hundreds, of working class people failures who make excuses when they struggle to find and maintain employment that doesn't even guarantee a living wage.

I'm sorry but that's my personal philosophy. Don't be so pessimistic. I believe that the world is everyone's oyster and if you're living as one of these so called 'slaves to Capitalism' then the onus is on you to change it. I'm Australian and I am most certainly not a slave to Capitalism. Neither is my family. Neither are any of the people we know. No, we're not snobby rich scum. We just work for our money. We know how to be poor, how to utilise our money so that it stretches to it's limits. My mum moved out of home when she was seventeen and put herself through University and Nursing school. She also put her brother through the last two years of high school. No one gave her support, she did that herself. She survived eating two minute noodles, weetbix and anything she could get for a dollar fifty at the supermarket. She worked 48 hour shifts - and that isn't an exaggeration - at remote nursing posts, these things caused her to be recognised and rewarded.

I use that as an example.

Some people are born into unlucky situations and maybe they can't change their lot in life, but yes, that is only a very small percentage. I'll make my own way through life and I'm not going to be a slave to capitalism because I don't plan on just accepting that that's how the world works..

I mean hey, maybe you just enjoy being a pessimist. I'm not exactly an optimist, I'm just tired of people making excuses.

There is no such thing as a good excuse.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Given how you live in Australia, one of the countries with least inequality problems you may see this a bit differently.

I hope you refer to your small percentage in your country only and well that is something to be optimistic about.

Certainly many countries could use to have such high development as Australia.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
I'm sorry but that's my personal philosophy. Don't be so pessimistic. I believe that the world is everyone's oyster and if you're living as one of these so called 'slaves to Capitalism' then the onus is on you to change it. I'm Australian and I am most certainly not a slave to Capitalism. Neither is my family. Neither are any of the people we know. No, we're not snobby rich scum. We just work for our money. We know how to be poor, how to utilise our money so that it stretches to it's limits. My mum moved out of home when she was seventeen and put herself through University and Nursing school. She also put her brother through the last two years of high school. No one gave her support, she did that herself. She survived eating two minute noodles, weetbix and anything she could get for a dollar fifty at the supermarket. She worked 48 hour shifts - and that isn't an exaggeration - at remote nursing posts, these things caused her to be recognised and rewarded.

I use that as an example.

Some people are born into unlucky situations and maybe they can't change their lot in life, but yes, that is only a very small percentage. I'll make my own way through life and I'm not going to be a slave to capitalism because I don't plan on just accepting that that's how the world works..

I mean hey, maybe you just enjoy being a pessimist. I'm not exactly an optimist, I'm just tired of people making excuses.

There is no such thing as a good excuse.

"There is no problem; look at me, I turned out alright". Yeah because your family is the only one ever affected by capitalism and industry. I don't believe you're capable at this point in your life to realize situations beyond your immediate self, especially since you seem to think that all it takes to get rid of the socioeconomic problems with unregulated industry is "optimism"...

Cavalli

"Tyger, Tyger"
Local time
-->
"There is no problem; look at me, I turned out alright". Yeah because your family is the only one ever affected by capitalism and industry. I don't believe you're capable at this point in your life to realize situations beyond your immediate self, especially since you seem to think that all it takes to get rid of the socioeconomic problems with unregulated industry is "optimism"...

I think you'll find you're putting words in my mouth. That was most certainly not my argument nor does it represent my thoughts. Your argument, on the other hand, is a borderline Straw Man Fallacy.

My argument was that my mum (who I used in the example) started off in less than excellent circumstances and still managed to make something of her life. She did not do this through simple 'optimism' she did it through hard work. I never said that my family was the only one 'ever affected by capitalism and industry' I used my family as an example because I knew it best.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find an Australian (as I am Australian) who thinks that they're a 'slave to capitalism and industry'. I also think you'll find that the countries who are more likely to be 'slaves to capitalism and industry' are those who believe that they're all 'slaves to capitalism and industry'.

Finally, don't tell me that I'm incapable of stepping back and seeing the bigger picture, or 'realising situations beyond my immediate self'.

juansk

Skeptic
Local time
-->
I think you'll find you're putting words in my mouth. That was most certainly not my argument nor does it represent my thoughts. Your argument, on the other hand, is a borderline Straw Man Fallacy.

My argument was that my mum (who I used in the example) started off in less than excellent circumstances and still managed to make something of her life. She did not do this through simple 'optimism' she did it through hard work. I never said that my family was the only one 'ever affected by capitalism and industry' I used my family as an example because I knew it best.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find an Australian (as I am Australian) who thinks that they're a 'slave to capitalism and industry'. I also think you'll find that the countries who are more likely to be 'slaves to capitalism and industry' are those who believe that they're all 'slaves to capitalism and industry'.

Finally, don't tell me that I'm incapable of stepping back and seeing the bigger picture, or 'realising situations beyond my immediate self'.

I agree, but that happens only when well educated previously. Sometimes, that first condition doesnt happen at all; then you got poor's mind people, who make poor decisions and run in circles at best. Thats poverty trap.You got exceptions, but thats the rule in those cases

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I also think you'll find that the countries who are more likely to be 'slaves to capitalism and industry' are those who believe that they're all 'slaves to capitalism and industry'.
Can you explain what you mean by this?

Belief of a general populace that they are enslaved makes them more likely to be enslaved?

Reverse logic:

Belief of an individual that he is not enslaved makes him less likely to find himself enslaved?

Cavalli

"Tyger, Tyger"
Local time
-->
I agree, but that happens only when well educated previously. Sometimes, that first condition doesnt happen at all; then you got poor's mind people, who make poor decisions and run in circles at best. Thats poverty trap.You got exceptions, but thats the rule in those cases

I agree. I said there were exceptions however I do believe that education - to some degrees - is accessible to most, especially in first world countries. You just have to figure out how to get it.

Can you explain what you mean by this?

Belief of a general populace that they are enslaved makes them more likely to be enslaved?

Reverse logic:

Belief of an individual that he is not enslaved makes him less likely to find himself enslaved?

If you believe that you're not enslaved you'll be more likely to act as if you aren't and on the flip side of that if you believe that you are enslaved you'll be more likely to act as if you are.

Simple psychology. All about the frame of mind.

I'm not saying it's easy, and that you can just make all these problems disappear, I'm just saying it's possible.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I guess we are commiting some vicious off top.

Let the sleeping sleep, awaken awake.

Oh and as to Cavallis post:

If you are aware of the disease you can counteract.

What you said is somewhat true, but has opposite side.
Much deeper and much more off topish.

juansk

Skeptic
Local time
-->
I agree. I said there were exceptions however I do believe that education - to some degrees - is accessible to most, especially in first world countries. You just have to figure out how to get it.

I agree BUT (big but) there's a magnitude problem: the vast majority of people dont live in those kind of countries, so your perception might be quite true to fewer people than what you thought in first place. I know you're from Australia, and therefore you were referring to that kind of environment, but remember that humanity is pretty fucked up outside that island.

Cavalli

"Tyger, Tyger"
Local time
-->
That's true. I was under the impression that EyeSeeCold and I were talking about first world countries in particular. I hold the same beliefs for countries that are considered third world however they get more 'leeway' so to speak; they have a larger percentage of people in these positions.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Doob

Local time
Today 10:24 PM
-->
In my opinion the thing with capitalism is that in theory everyone can make it be it through luck, hard work, clever ideas or what ever but the thing is not everyone at the same time. There have to be people with low income for it to work.

Gargamel

Banned
Local time
-->
No, seriously... What is the point of this thread?
Your last post dates back to 31st-July-2012 and out of the blue you decide to boot up your computer, come to this place and throw a cryptic tantrum at no one specific.
It's mind boggling.
Explain yourself. :confused:
This was an experiment. I wanted to see the reactions to a baseless opinion criticizing what I think is the trait less liked by INTPs: Procrastination.

Early conclusions of the experiment:

The comment touched a nerve.
Some took the opinion personally and turned to ad hominem fallacies
Others showed off how they are planning to be famous while I’ll be grinding the hamster wheel
Somehow the topic turned to slavery, capitalism and communist discussion... I really can't explain how did this happen
A couple of guys took a big picture approach and realized that this post did not make much sense.

In short, I'm a fellow INTP who was bored and curious so decided to come back trolling an experiment to the forum.

Hello again!

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
This was an experiment. I wanted to see the reactions to a baseless opinion criticizing what I think is the trait less liked by INTPs: Procrastination.
Whatever you ran experiment when you pretty much knew the results. Akin to trolling.
Early conclusions of the experiment:

The comment touched a nerve.
Some took the opinion personally and turned to ad hominem fallacies
How can you assume so, we can all be running our own experiments.
How do you know whether the response was serious or not?
I assume that what you write here now is continuation of harassment from the beginning of this thread.
Others showed off how they are planning to be famous while I’ll be grinding the hamster wheel
How it is a conclusion? It is your observation, rather shallow.
Somehow the topic turned to slavery, capitalism and communist discussion... I really can't explain how did this happen
Your "experiment was so poorly constructed that results do not even fit your predicted outcomes?
A couple of guys took a big picture approach and realized that this post did not make much sense.
Do you suggest taking big picture approach as best? By what standard?
Do you think reacting to attracting pointless attention cannot be their form of attracting pointless attention?
In short, I'm a fellow INTP who was bored and curious so decided to come back trolling an experiment to the forum.
Ok so you agree you did something pointless.
Why did you explain yourself? You cannot be treated as making point or not.
If you read my post you have read further into your pointless actions.
Thats what I call procastination, congrats.

Gargamel

Banned
Local time
-->
Whatever you ran experiment when you pretty much knew the results. Akin to trolling.

That's how experiments work right? You draw an hypothesis and then you collect data to support or dismiss it...

How can you assume so, we can all be running our own experiments.
How do you know whether the response was serious or not?
I assume that what you write here now is continuation of harassment from the beginning of this thread.

I don't know anything for sure, as no one really does.

Your "experiment was so poorly constructed that results do not even fit your predicted outcomes?

Maybe, I spent some good ol' 2 minutes planning the experiment design. And not getting your predicted outcomes does not mean your experiment is poorly constructed by the way, it just says that your prediction was off.

Do you suggest taking big picture approach as best? By what standard?
Do you think reacting to attracting pointless attention cannot be their form of attracting pointless attention?

Never sugested that, but thanks for puting words in my mouth.

Ok so you agree you did something pointless.
Why did you explain yourself? You cannot be treated as making point or not.
If you read my post you have read further into your pointless actions.
Thats what I call procastination, congrats.

I explained myself because someone asked for an explanation. And yes I did something pointless, like 99% of what every human does throughout their lives. For instance replying agressively to a pointless thread.

juansk

Skeptic
Local time
-->
That's how experiments work right? You draw an hypothesis and then you collect data to support or dismiss it...

I don't know anything for sure, as no one really does.

Maybe, I spent some good ol' 2 minutes planning the experiment design. And not getting your predicted outcomes does not mean your experiment is poorly constructed by the way, it just says that your prediction was off.

Never sugested that, but thanks for puting words in my mouth.

I explained myself because someone asked for an explanation. And yes I did something pointless, like 99% of what every human does throughout their lives. For instance replying agressively to a pointless thread.

You sound like a king of nowheres land. Go and try to be successful somewhere else, your point is quite poor. INTPs like to discuss, not keeping quiet, you havent brought something new to the table besides arrogance.

Local time
-->
This was an experiment.
I knew something wasn't right when I saw you browsing this thread from the currently active users list.

Unfortunately this caused me to withhold asking what smurfs taste like. :slashnew:
You've got to start off with a falsifiable hypothesis... (which was...?)

Bad scientist! BAD!!!
You sound like a king of nowheres land. Go and try to be successful somewhere else, your point is quite poor. INTPs like to discuss, not keeping quiet, you havent brought something new to the table besides arrogance.
Does anyone else see the irony? :angel:

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->
It would've been funnier if he was banned for "being an ISTJ" rather than trolling tho, just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom