• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Is this place what I think it is?

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
Today 9:28 AM
-->
Hi, I'm Auburn,

I'm an INTP [who has seemingly learned the ability to willfully switch from type to type. It's so much fun!]. Nevertheless, I am firstly an INTP, so don't worry.
I came here from INTJforum.com - I saw that alothugh INTJs are very intellegent, their periodic close-mindedness was somewhat annoying to me. I looked and found this place!
Now I know how INTPs function, so I'm fully prepared to have some insanely long, complex, weird, and mindboggling conversations with anyone who wants one. :cool:

I also have some ideas that I think I might have you chewing on for a while. And I'm sure you have the same.:)

Glad to be here!

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
Today 12:28 PM
-->
From one "newbie" to another, welcome!

I never say the more the merrier but I think there is most definitely room for more here. :)

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
-->
Welcome to the true INTP forum (I'm seriously having my doubts how the mob on INTPc can talk for so long about meaningless topics... seems very un-INTP'ish).

If you're looking for mind-boggling, try the Virtual Dinner Party thread :D

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
heya. I also get irritated with INTJs close-mindedness. From what I've seen in myself and INTJ friends, an INTJ will act like they're considering your points, but revert back to their own points immediately. An INTP will act like they're closed off to new ideas, but (at least in myself) the good points people make on opposing sides of arguments will sit in their minds for months.

I'm not sure you'll find more openmindedness here than from the INTJs... but almost certainly more respect. I can't imagine keeping up with the volume of posts on multiple forums, though. Enjoy

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 10:28 AM
-->
... and what precisely do you think it is?

A bacchanalia of minds, perchance? ;)

Jesin

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
(I'm seriously having my doubts how the mob on INTPc can talk for so long about meaningless topics... seems very un-INTP'ish)

And what would you call what we do here? :p

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
-->
I guess it depends on your definition of meaningless now doesn't it. I think even the Fun folder has meaningful threads because they're interesting to read and think about even as they make you laugh or furrow your brow.

What I don't like is reading through long threads where people bat ideas back and forth and don't bother exploring their depths or dismiss potential gems as trivial. Once you take the exploration out, it becomes meaningless to me <shrug>

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
-->
... and what precisely do you think it is?

A bacchanalia of minds, perchance? ;)

lol, I guess what I think this place is, is:

- A forum full of open minds - willing to take into consideration every thought/theory - always seeking to lean more and to teach.

- A "meeting of the great minds" per se. (I mean 'cmon, if 2 minds are better than one, how much better a whole community? Especially a whole community of INTPs!) Or that's what I think this place is. I could be wrong... :(

is it?

If you're looking for mind-boggling, try the Virtual Dinner Party thread :D
PARTY!!! where???

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
-->
Yes, it is.

The VDP is in the Fun thread, but be warned... it can get confusing pretty quickly, but I think its very amusing.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Today 5:28 AM
-->
Hi Auburn. Welcome and happy exploring.

(The VDP thread and Kill the last poster are the highlight of my day. I actually laugh. Is my life truly that sad? O woe is me! Where's another black hole to fall down, a possible exit from my miserable existence! :D)

OK, this is your intro, so back to you Auburn. You must need to debrief after being in foreign (INTJ) realms so long.

grey matters

The Old Grey Silly One
Local time
Today 11:28 AM
-->
Now I know how INTPs function, so I'm fully prepared to have some insanely long, complex, weird, and mindboggling conversations with anyone who wants one. :cool:

-OH GOODY! lets have some fun!

I also have some ideas that I think I might have you chewing on for a while. And I'm sure you have the same.:)

-Well my ideas are more twisted then your ideas (I say as I stick my toungue out at you and make a face fart sound). Just joking. :D I really welcome your input and whatever convoluted twisted idea you may come up with. I even welcome some of the boring and plain ideas, for a while. In my mind INTP wit humor is second to none! In other people's mind though they seem to think we should be locked up in the funny farm or something.
welcome to the forum:)

Top Bottom