• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTPs in Grade School

Mr. Altitude

Immature =/= stupid.
Local time
Yesterday 5:48 PM
-->
Skimming through this site, I've seen a few mentions of the way INTPs generally act in grade school, such as "disobedience" and getting lower grades. However, I've always been a rule follower, done my best to stay out of trouble, and gotten good grades. Is there any truth to what I've read? Is it possible I've been mistyped as an INTP? Do I just happen to be the odd one out? Was I raised around people who happened to get along with me? So many questions...

Urakro

~
Local time
Today 1:48 AM
-->
From what I remember, grade school grinded on my mind like a stiff carcass being dragged on a gravel road. I had difficulty sitting for what seemed like a century while the teacher put pressure on memorizing John Frezned from 1945, Henry Giblets from 1856, Bob Nowaway from 1749-1751, and hundreds of others. I was being used to store a database of completely redundant values amongst a class of people who were all assholes in their own special way.

I was considered a special child, as I couldn't pay attention and struggled to fight off the temptation to find an inconspicuous dark corner under something to just sit and hide. The fluffy rainbows of colors, and puffy alphabets, koombaya's, forced disco dances.....[shudders].

Then I found doodling. I doodled on everything, and got shit for it, but it was sanctuary. I was able to focus a lot better. I was invisible, and untouchable.

Starting high school was better, but that was based on the circumstances. With less than a 100 people occupying we all became close. Switching into bigger high schools, I then found out how to skip classes and do drugs, which I didn't moderate very well. Went to some drinking and drug parties, and lived a little bit of a junkie life.

:D

green acid

Local time
-->
After first grade I was considered the smartest kid in the history of the school district. In the second grade, I told my parents that I didn't like school. I wanted a life of autonomy and freedom from all restriction. The classwork was easy, and I was interested mainly in sports, world war 2 and getting into fistfights. I don't know just what the typical INTP grade school experience is. According to my sister, I was a macho, budding Nazi. By junior high, I was a stoner, and became militantly mellow.:p

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Yesterday 8:48 PM
-->
Skimming through this site, I've seen a few mentions of the way INTPs generally act in grade school, such as "disobedience" and getting lower grades. However, I've always been a rule follower, done my best to stay out of trouble, and gotten good grades. Is there any truth to what I've read? Is it possible I've been mistyped as an INTP? Do I just happen to be the odd one out? Was I raised around people who happened to get along with me? So many questions...

I was more like you, actually. Type is a spectrum and we're looking at core preferences, not necessarily outward behaviors that could be generated either by variations in the spectrum or by environmental factors.

For example, INTPs generally score highest as Fives but Nine is also up there as a potential secondary outcome, and Nines are accommodating and like to keep the peace/stability. So if you have any Nine influence in your personality, you'd be a lot less likely to rock the boat and more apt to fit outwardly into the social fabric.

Anyway, I was always at the top of my class, was seen as "good" by the teachers, and always followed the rules because I didn't see a reason not to... and then once I got older, I found myself conflicted because I didn't think the rules necessarily made sense anymore. It was an interesting shift when I realized I didn't care anymore about the rules. (I was raised in a pretty traditional/SJ style house.)

As an adult, IRL, I've ended up in a place of indifference to rules (versus following them versus rebelling against them). If they make sense in some way, I follow them to help keep some structure in the social fabric. If they don't make sense and I can break them without repercussion, then I break them. If there is some risk involved, I just weigh the risk and decide whether it's acceptable. I tend also to position myself so I can easily step around rules that I think are dumb, versus having to overtly break them, if possible (e.g., loopholes, etc.) I always tried to keep the rules flexible with my kids and just focus on what worked, versus having hard unyielding rules for everything.

The thing I hate is that I still feel sometimes like authority is looking over my shoulder. Stupid reflexive emotions. Like, "Oh, look I was supposed to get my oil changed a thousand miles ago," after I already decided I didn't have to change it until <a different amount>. Where it comes out is that I feel myself automatically flinching, like someone is watching me and punish me for "breaking the rule"; and then I'm like, "Stupid, I don't have to justify my reasoning to anyone, and the way I'm doing it makes sense." So I think some of my rules following was to comply with authoritarianism when I was young.

My INTP son (he's 20) is more typical of the stories you refer to. He generally doesn't try to make waves, but he didn't invest a lot in high school because he didn't care / thought it was too easy. So his grades were barely above average, although he had the ability to get top marks if he wanted. He typically isn't out breaking laws, but he'll ignore the ones he thinks are dumb; we have fun talking about how stupid some of them are together. Overall, he tends to be really easy to get along with on the personal level; he just would prefer to live outside the system and do his thing. (It's been consternating to my SJ ex, lol.)

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
I was mostly a rule follower. In 3rd grade I was seen as Einstein or something. They put me into a class where almost everyone needed special help (not mentally, just people with bad grades), so in comparison, I was a genius. My teacher let me teach the class a few times. I felt guilty being so good in comparison to them. In 6th & 7th grade I stopped caring. I just went along for the ride and got the grades I got. Then I saw one of my friends getting straight As constantly, and I was like "hey, I could do that". So I did. From then on I worked hard.

Caring or not caring about school doesn't decide your type.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Yesterday 6:48 PM
-->
I hated school (and all the little monsters in it) so much. I never did a single homework assignment, I never studied for a single exam, and my GPA was usually in the 1's and 2's. I skipped a lot too starting about 6th grade.

I was a wunderkind when standardized tests rolled through town. My lowest-ever percentile for a single subject was 96th, and I don't ever remember putting in real effort to do well. I remember always having a "let's get this over with" attitude. (I wouldn't have even known my scores except for the fact that my mother still has every score report framed in her closet).

By the end of my first semester in 9th grade, I had about a 50% attendance record, and a 0.8 GPA. Ironically, the school district kept wanting to skip me grades when I was younger, and my parents always took my behavior as a sign that I wasn't ready to be further ahead. In the end, I did exactly enough to not get held back. I still graduated HS a semester early, but that's because I decided to get A's midway through my junior year, and I managed to acquire a few credits outside school.

Mind you, I wasn't a rebel or a badass. I wasn't deliberately acting out, and no one thought I was "cool". I just didn't care about my performance.

Edit: I should clarify that I enjoyed learning. If the subject was interesting, I was happy to hear it. It's just that those moments were few and far between until very late in my public school career.

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
Today 10:48 AM
-->
Having some weird tendencies to change my personality depending on the environment, I was a massive attention seeker throughout primary school (Australia), I got really good grades, and my ADD was not a problem to me because it was obvious to me. But when I reached High School, my ADD let me down big time, so in 8th grade I was diagnosed and treated for ADD, which is when my INTP personality type came out of nowhere and integrated itself into my being. When this happened I shot up from the D class in math to skipping 9th grade. I wasn't working any harder, it was as if I was finding everything easier to understanding because I was paying attention to my thoughts. I excelled at anything I wanted to, interest helped a lot. But in other classes where you had to share your thoughts, the stress of listening to others simple reasoning stopped me from enjoying those classes and I ended up doing worse than I could of. But following the INTP stereotype I'm not, I only did well in things that I were interested in.

Like what the others have said it works like a spectrum, that's why there are subtypes and other things. PNTI would be rather different to ITNP.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 9:48 AM
-->
I typically had high grades all throughout grade school. In high school or secondary education, I always had a GPA above 3.5 though my attendance was pretty bad. I've been in around 13 schools in total though, so the lack of a social circle probably helped me focus a bit. I think the bilingualism helped a bit too. The most frustrating part about high school was that the teachers didn't go indepth into their subjects and didn't provide a systematic approach. I also saw too much people being graded for effort rather than quality and depth, which really rubbed me the wrong way.

Oh and being late to school was like an art form for me. If I figured I'd be late, I'd take even more time and enjoy my way to school. There's this sweet solace of walking down the street, knowing that all your classmates are in class trying to stay awake, while I enjoy the breeze, the grey sky.. ah.. There were times I'd sneak into class without being caught too, nice to start your day off like that.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
I was quiet and aloof, but polite and rule-abiding in school. I didn't have any close friends until I was about 17, and tended to be a loner, but I never had any problems with bullying either. I was always in the top classes but my performance was around the bottom of them. I had no interest in the curriculum and don't remember enjoying any particular subject, so I only put in the minimal effort to get decent grades and was generally day-dreaming and lazy.

I understood the rebellious impulse, and was attracted to the inner freedom that rebellious people seemed to have in contrast to me. But I also saw them as largely performative, acting out to show they could assert some facade of individuality against an impersonal system, where it made little sense. There was no choice but to be there, doing well had more personal pay off than not doing well, so I preferred to be invisible and go unnoticed.

paradoxparadigm7

Local time
Yesterday 7:48 PM
-->
I was the loathsome 'teacher's pet' at least in some of my classes.:o Literature tended to be my favorite. Books were a wonderful refuge where I'd spend much of my time lost in imagination. I found the world of allusion, symbolism, metaphor, irony and the like to speak some truth to me and I excelled in essays. I took grades seriously and I was hard on myself if I didn't get A's and B's.

I feared disappointing my parents and really not much desire to break rules. Rules, schedules, routines, social harmony was never an issue but as I matured into adolescence, I began to develop a strong rebellious streak (undoubtedly due to my parents strict expectations) not that I ever acted that out directly in front of them. No, I was stuck wanting to strike out on my own and fearful of disharmony so most of my acting out was behind their back and hiding that side of me. Looking back, I think I was afraid they would reject me if I showed that side of me. As if I had to be perfect in their eyes (and mine too). Unfortunately this set the stage for this tendency to look perfect in important adult relationships. Needless to say this wreaked havoc which eventually lead to a personal crisis that I went through and came out as a butterfly;)

As for friends, I had a best friend most of my school years following the stereotypical introvert cliche. I usually felt like an outsider when it came to clicks but that didn't bother me since I had a close friend. In fact, my best friend and I were be inseparable. We had no secrets and there was a delicious feeling of co-conspirators, confidants and the confidence that comes with not going through life alone.

What a lovely time...all of it.

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
Today 2:48 AM
-->
Ahh grade school. Everything was so easy, life was so simple.

Sir Eus Lee

I am wholely flattered you would take about 2 and
Local time
-->
I was rebellious and inquisitive before I got into school. I was a devil child of a sort for my parents. I would question things to no end, my parents said I could read what adults were going to tell me and preemptively cater my response. Unfortunately it was slowly beaten (not literally) out of me and I ended up in a sort of middle ground. Like in preschool I would just sit outside and play alone when the staff told me to come in and I would just ignore them, so they let me play alone outside. But preschool would never allow that so I kind of just went on passively.

I can't remember school. I never paid attention until roughly 4th grade, but got good grades so it didn't matter. I still didn't pay attention much but I remember paying a sizable amount of attention to it, which is relevant because it kind of describes my relationship with rules. I didn't necessarily follow them or break them, I just kind of floated along. I got good grades with relatively effort, although I did work for them to some degree. Like I almost never studied or prepared but I did the bare minimum and passed by with good grades. I almost never did anything extra. High school was a different story. I've kind if slides by whatever rules could, but more from laziness than from rebellion if any sort. I'm 17 so where I stand now is at an interesting point... with rules. I see structure as a necessary piece of life, but I see rules as a pseudo structure, a structure that has been imposed by people over time to ensure a higher structure, but if I maintain the higher structure without paying attention to bureaucratic systems then I'm all for it. I haven't figured out my life yet so I'll see how that changes.

Haim

Worlds creator
Local time
Today 3:48 AM
-->
I didn't had stupid rules until the military.I discovered how much I hate rules,which is interesting because I was pretty much strictly following the rules until then.
If the rule make sense then I will usually strictly follow it,if it isn't I will try to find a loophole or a way to not get punished(get caught),if i can't then I have a problem of never breaking them in direct manner,even when I should.If I do break a rule then I do it in a perfect crime way.
Surprisingly,I did not really have conflict we the school system,they did not force me to do something I really did not want to do.(beyond being there and regular things)
The only thing I can remember is a bible teacher in the 7th grade forcing me to do homework.One time when I did not she wanted me(and others) to do some task after school,I just went home.
Really hated every time she checked for homework and I had to say no or yes(but no) or worse yes.

My grades were not exceptional,except subjects I really like,computer science and general science(before the biology,chemistry,physics split),did not make homework,except math where it was avoidable(not all of them of course) Had the common intp "have great potential if he were to make homework his grades would have been great"(but then it would have ruin the potential thing)

The first time I realized I hate stupid rules was about 13 years old.In a browser game there were some stupid rules about not wearing some armors and weapons if they were out of your level,you were needed to check some stupid forum thread.My 2nd programming project was to make it easier to figure it out(and finds items stats)
Now rules are more of suggestion made for people with lack of judgment or minimal intelligence.
And if I talk about rules,let bureaucracy burn:cloud1:.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
In response to the question, I think the education environment is crucial in determining how the INTP child responds. As an example, I'll share my grade school experience.

I loved it and was fully engaged until around the time I was 10. I was skipped ahead 3 grades to 6th grade because I was kicking ass.

Then I got screwed by the system. I moved school and because of some zoning bullshit and subsequently, I was only allowed to go to a rubbish school where I was pulled back 3 grades. From that day on, I went from being the obedient, star student, to being a sloth. I developed an attitude, and didn't even bother doing classwork right through to 12th grade. Although I remained at the top of all my classes and got the scores I needed for tertiary admission, it's actually built some really bad habits that I've carried into my adult life. No matter what I do, I can't seem to regain that thirst for knowledge I had as a child.

So, having been exposed to both a nurturing educational environment and an oppressive one, my experience tells me that an INTP may be particularly affected by the environment. I think an INTP may thrive in a good environment, but may become a delinquent in a bad one - perhaps more so than other types.

Infinitatis

Local time
-->
In response to the question, I think the education environment is crucial in determining how the INTP child responds. As an example, I'll share my grade school experience.

I loved it and was fully engaged until around the time I was 10. I was skipped ahead 3 grades to 6th grade because I was kicking ass.

Then I got screwed by the system. I moved school and because of some zoning bullshit and subsequently, I was only allowed to go to a rubbish school where I was pulled back 3 grades. From that day on, I went from being the obedient, star student, to being a sloth. I developed an attitude, and didn't even bother doing classwork right through to 12th grade. Although I remained at the top of all my classes and got the scores I needed for tertiary admission, it's actually built some really bad habits that I've carried into my adult life. No matter what I do, I can't seem to regain that thirst for knowledge I had as a child.

So, having been exposed to both a nurturing educational environment and an oppressive one, my experience tells me that an INTP may be particularly affected by the environment. I think an INTP may thrive in a good environment, but may become a delinquent in a bad one - perhaps more so than other types.

I can relate to this probably the most.

My parents and teachers had perceived me as intelligent from an early age. Apparently in preschool I had drawn a picture upside-down and that impressed the teacher. *shrugs* As I'm told, I began reading children's books around the time of pre-kindergarten (age 3/4?) and loved them. I used to have a huge collection of Eyewitness books, which is probably what catalyzed my interest for science. I remember reading these in kindergarten and first grade with limited but reasonable comprehension. Throughout school, I have also been liked by teachers, but I wasn't exactly a "teacher's pet" in the sense that I liked the teacher back.

Unfortunately, around the time of 1st and 2nd grade when we were told what, how, and when to read and learn, I grew a hatred for school (I had only disliked it beforehand). Not because of the rules but because it was so easy. My teachers and parents wanted me to skip grades, but the school system thought that I would be "left out" if I was placed with older kids. Not skipping grades was what made me "left out." As a result, my mom homeschooled me for third grade, but I basically didn't do anything because she had to work a lot. Yet when I return to school in the fourth grade... oh... looks like I didn't miss a thing. So I still wanted to skip grades, but they wouldn't permit it. In my opinion, school was made for ES(TJ?)'s. The discouragingly easy curricula has caused me to not be as curious as I once was. The arrival of my Ne around the age of 10 helped me regain some of that ambition to devour knowledge as I once had, but one thing hasn't changed: I don't read. I can be glad that I read something after having read it, but I never just pick up a book and read it. I also have to be very motivated to read (not skim) an article, newspaper, textbook, etc.

Another thing: I skip a lot of school. I stay within the allotted number of skip days, though, so as not to get suspended (school system logic, huh?).

I began high school mathematics, Algebra I, in an accelerated program in 7th grade. This was just too easy. I crushed the standardized tests for classes, but I ended up with subpar B's and B–'s because I refused to do homework. This ugly habit continued into my freshman year of high school. In my sophomore year (last year), I decided to get serious. While this is a stupid system, I figured, if it will not change, I better do what I can to get ahead. I went from mostly low A's and B's (with the occasional C) during my freshman year to all A's my sophomore year, and then A's and A+'s (so far) this year. Nevertheless, it's still painfully easy, but I'm finally getting to study things that I am interested in. I do regret not doing homework (not because I thought I should have but because it would be advantageous) in my middle school and early high school years, but I'm stuck with my GPA. I never got "bad grades," per se, and I am certainly at the top of mu class, but that may not sufficient to get me the places I want to go in life. I wish I was less ambitious sometimes. Then again, that's what drives me.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
I can relate to this probably the most.

My parents and teachers had perceived me as intelligent from an early age. Apparently in preschool I had drawn a picture upside-down and that impressed the teacher. *shrugs* As I'm told, I began reading children's books around the time of pre-kindergarten (age 3/4?) and loved them. I used to have a huge collection of Eyewitness books, which is probably what catalyzed my interest for science. I remember reading these in kindergarten and first grade with limited but reasonable comprehension. Throughout school, I have also been liked by teachers, but I wasn't exactly a "teacher's pet" in the sense that I liked the teacher back.

Unfortunately, around the time of 1st and 2nd grade when we were told what, how, and when to read and learn, I grew a hatred for school (I had only disliked it beforehand). Not because of the rules but because it was so easy. My teachers and parents wanted me to skip grades, but the school system thought that I would be "left out" if I was placed with older kids. Not skipping grades was what made me "left out." As a result, my mom homeschooled me for third grade, but I basically didn't do anything because she had to work a lot. Yet when I return to school in the fourth grade... oh... looks like I didn't miss a thing. So I still wanted to skip grades, but they wouldn't permit it. In my opinion, school was made for ES(TJ?)'s. The discouragingly easy curricula has caused me to not be as curious as I once was. The arrival of my Ne around the age of 10 helped me regain some of that ambition to devour knowledge as I once had, but one thing hasn't changed: I don't read. I can be glad that I read something after having read it, but I never just pick up a book and read it. I also have to be very motivated to read (not skim) an article, newspaper, textbook, etc.

Another thing: I skip a lot of school. I stay within the allotted number of skip days, though, so as not to get suspended (school system logic, huh?).

I began high school mathematics, Algebra I, in an accelerated program in 7th grade. This was just too easy. I crushed the standardized tests for classes, but I ended up with subpar B's and B–'s because I refused to do homework. This ugly habit continued into my freshman year of high school. In my sophomore year (last year), I decided to get serious. While this is a stupid system, I figured, if it will not change, I better do what I can to get ahead. I went from mostly low A's and B's (with the occasional C) during my freshman year to all A's my sophomore year, and then A's and A+'s (so far) this year. Nevertheless, it's still painfully easy, but I'm finally getting to study things that I am interested in. I do regret not doing homework (not because I thought I should have but because it would be advantageous) in my middle school and early high school years, but I'm stuck with my GPA. I never got "bad grades," per se, and I am certainly at the top of mu class, but that may not sufficient to get me the places I want to go in life. I wish I was less ambitious sometimes. Then again, that's what drives me.

Geez I can see what you mean by relating to my experience. You just filled in all the blanks I left in my story - except for the homeschooling part. Maybe we're secret twins...

Infinitatis

Local time
-->
Geez I can see what you mean by relating to my experience. You just filled in all the blanks I left in my story - except for the homeschooling part. Maybe we're secret twins...

Or perhaps we are one being diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
That must be it.

JennaB

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I'm mostly like this too. Considered smart but spent 50% of time studying and the other 50% slacking (sleeping, reading, etc). I thought school was very interesting, maybe because there were a lot of different subjects that I was trying to understand (english, math, music, art, etc). I think it helped that I went to a good school with caring teachers, had family and friends that just sort of left me alone and did my thing but beat me up when they thought I was not following the norm. I went to the library a lot too.

I did end up slacking a little more in high school and college but that's because I thought I could always recover last minute or had to work or just wanted to sleep/relax. What I realized that's helped the most, is that when I got my act together and did what I needed to do asap, it has tremendous impact. The skills I've got now, I could have easily gotten them years ago if I had actually worked harder.

Once you develop skills and add on them, your life gets so much easier. I thought I was too smart to try out these diff methods but I just try to be open-minded now and try whatever, cull and use the best ones for the tool bag. I'm all about making my life easier and I think of it like a fun experiment.

Now, I always try to feel like the dumbest person in the room and meet ppl smarter than me and ask thoughtful questions, read more if that isn't possible, do things that sort of challenge me and make me feel like a dummy, haha. Sometimes I completely embarrass myself, but I've learned that even experts are learning, and really don't mind in the course of learning/growing as a person.

Local time
-->
I was also, for the most part, well behaved in grade school. The content came easily to me so, even though school wasn't particularly enjoyable, rebelling/misbehaving seemed like a sure-fire way to jeopardize the smooth-sailing ride that I was on. My grade 5 teacher, having realized how trivial school was to me, remarked that I would struggle with highschool. Since he didn't give a reason for this prediction, my young brain struggled to make heads or tails of it. I thought, 'If I'm excelling now without any effort then why shouldn't this be the case in the future?'

But it was this unacquaintance with the value of effort that landed me in some trouble going forward. At some point during highschool I began falling behind some of my peers, which initially startled me. This wasn't enough to kick me into gear, however, since my deep-rooted apathy left little room for academic motivation, so I settled for vanishing into the obscurity of relative mediocrity.

Some previously dormant motivation pushed me to actually expend some effort in my last year of school, allowing me to almost claw my way back to the grades that I had once taken for granted. This wasn't enough to completely reform my lousy work ethic, though, and I could see that other students were reaping the rewards of their diligence in previous years.

HDINTP

Local time
Today 2:48 AM
-->
Well everything came out of nowhere for me which resulted in non-existent work ethic for me. I believe I should have been accelerated back then. My teacher in 4th grade thought I was something special :) I had my best friend there who was similar in a way. I moved later which to my estimateion contributed to my downhill journey as well. Ended up in hospital for 3 months then puberty set in. When I get work ethic then will go all out and hopefully fulfill my potential. Also I see as important to avoid this more complicated way with my children...

As for high school story was simple: What I was interested in I dominated. What I was not I got by...

Failed my first university try for non-workethic, refusing to go to events where I did not like some (teachers, curricula etc.) My biggest problem is I defy what, when and how I will do on a command.

Would be an autodidact if I had no intention being a high school teacher.

Silent Sage

Local time
-->
Some of my family is ex-military so I was disciplined a young age. I've always cruised by in school, except cruising by in elementary and middle school was "honor roll" and cruising by in high school has been C's, maybe a couple A/B's and the occasional D. Putting me at the low end of the "enriched", but still split off from "basic". It was a lot easier to please my teachers back then, come ninth grade I was sick of the system. I still don't have any behavioral issues though; it's just my work ethic that has taken a hit....like 20 missing assignments per quarter including some projects.

gilliatt

Local time
-->
The first important point to make is: All the schools, high schools, colleges, universities etc., are Obsolete. The way we do things today, why these expensive buildings, tuitions, high paying teachers etc., their is a lot better way. We have computers, internet, wy-fi, iphones, videos, podcast et cetera. One can take one good teacher and teach a billion people over the computer. All the little children can stay home and learn everything they need. I know it is a great change in ways of doing things, but this is a new day. We need to stop this stupid nonsense and get with the modern world. It might be an experiment, but look at all the advantage, savings in thousands of ways. I mean, think of all the theoretical possibilities, instead of all this stagnation.

Local time
-->
In Grade School I would be the only kid not playing on the play ground (until about 5th grade). I enjoyed observing my peers and predicting their actions. My grades were barely passing my test scores were high and I was never viewed as intelligent in any sense whatsoever. I actually thought I was mentally handicapped or something along those lines because I would day dream so much and I could not concentrate. Now, in Highschool (getting close to graduating) I have more room to blossom and show my capabilities to my peers and teachers and it is much more enjoyable. Classes are more interesting, people are beginning to differentiate from one another and it's all just one big and fun cluster fuck. :D :D

gilliatt

Local time
-->
Ok, I am 8 yrs old, sent to this hostile place, this cruel environment, get whipped if I look wrong. Like being locked up in prison in another world, all the people around me, well, no one trusted no one!
At 8 years old you were suddenly taken from your warm nest, secure home & thrown into this world of force, fraud, secrecy. The books, I despised. No Greek, no Aristotle, no Victor Hugo etc.
I, an INTP, has been kidnapped, What are they to make of me? A monster. A little boy that can laugh, yes, the people need laughter. So, they want to produce a freak, non-thinking clown. Yes, start me out small, yes a work of art, these educators. Take a boy & turn him into a miscarriage, a communist, socialist etc. Their idea is deformity where god was harmony. Why all this indoctrination, brainwashing, to stunt a mind, to arrest its conceptual development. What was John Dewey's idea not to teach abstractions, theoretical knowledge, only practical , develop child's 'social spirit.'
The point is this with progressive schools, their idea is to adjust the child to society, social adjustment. Its anti-conceptual, anti-cognitive, Does a child learn to identify, integrate, develop self-confidence, psycho-epistemology. Intelligence is the ability to deal with a broad range of abstractions. Alright;;;why a monster? "To Rule".
Why government schools::: 'To Rule, To Control the Masses, people.'

Top Bottom