• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTPness

caitlinwaters

QUESTION! QUESTION..QUESTION?
Local time
Today 1:46 AM
-->
How do you know if you're an INTP? (ex: what are things typical INTPs find themselves doing)

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

moody

Local time
Yesterday 10:46 PM
-->
You question that you’re an INTP for a few years,
and it takes a while for you to be confident enough about your knowledge of the MbTI assessment and yourself .

So theafter five years you’re pretty sure your an INTP....
But then some dipstick tells you they think you’re judgmental.
You say to their face something like “no not really whatever,”
When it actually makes you go through another 2 year crisis of whether or not you’re actually an INTJ because, aren’t you biased about yourself???
Then after more deep thought, pondering, and scavenging for through threads like these to seek MBTI help, you let yourself settle on the tentative conclusion that you’re an INTP!
Yet you take a test to be sure ....and one of them letters are different ....
It sends you spiraling into another few months of contemplation that you don’t tell anyone about—
(it’s not their problem, so why should you bother them?)
—Because how arrogant are to claim to know every part of yourself to determine your own personality type? You must make sure nothing is missing!
Then you read and start actually observing other people more, to try and find a common ground among the types, something that indicates you’re on the same mental wavelength.
And then you realize that other people are sprouting opinions and rash analyses and you get personally offended because here you spend YEARS of your like doubting your own inter- and introspective intelligence just to make sure you weren’t missing anything when all they’re actually doing is throwing half baked thoughts on MBTI to feel important and typing themselves on how they want to be, instead of reflecting on who they are.
And you finally realize you’ve come to know yourself much better than those belligerent, uncultured, attention-seeking blob-fishes.
Then you realize that you have accumulated enough research on yourself and the MBTI to know that you are an INTP...
....And then reflecting on your process of accepting your analysis allows you to finally confirm this knowledge.

And when you do that, that’s how you know that you’re an INTP ..........

...."...........
........Then you start looking for a margin of error, or how possible changes to your psyche could effect your type, and how if the way you perceive the work now is subject to change.

So your comfort is that constantly doubting something is a strong indicting that you’re an INTP.

Well. Whatever THAT means.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 5:46 AM
-->
How do you know if you're an INTP?

Its not that I know, its just that I am more like INTP than anyother type. I mean I am introverted. I am intuitive, I am Thinker and P.

Thats the way you know. I have been thinking about this long time I even asked around what people think and generally the consesus is INTp.
Bottom line is I dont care, I just tried to figure it out for fun. I mean there isnt much to gain if you learn you are INTP other than you are probably just another INTP who is sane by the way, just eccentric. Because a lot of people think being eccentric equals insane and so INTPs can lose a sense of security about that. When you learn that being INTP is OK and that being eccentric is OK, you are pretty much OK.
Its not like other types arent eccentric or anything its just that other types have their own versions of eccentricities and INTP is just a particular brand of eccentricity.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:46 AM
-->
we better ask ourselves what typical INTPs don't find themselves doing, for example cleaning their room or removing food from the fridge which expired 2 months ago. If you have food which expired 2 months ago (I have it), then you're probably NT

0lm8

Redshirt
Local time
Today 4:46 PM
-->
we better ask ourselves what typical INTPs don't find themselves doing, for example cleaning their room or removing food from the fridge which expired 2 months ago. If you have food which expired 2 months ago (I have it), then you're probably NT

Oi mate! my microbiomes are my furry friends thank you very much!

Local time
Today 1:46 AM
-->
You question that you’re an INTP for a few years,
and it takes a while for you to be confident enough about your knowledge of the MbTI assessment and yourself .

So theafter five years you’re pretty sure your an INTP....
But then some dipstick tells you they think you’re judgmental.
You say to their face something like “no not really whatever,”
When it actually makes you go through another 2 year crisis of whether or not you’re actually an INTJ because, aren’t you biased about yourself???
Then after more deep thought, pondering, and scavenging for through threads like these to seek MBTI help, you let yourself settle on the tentative conclusion that you’re an INTP!
Yet you take a test to be sure ....and one of them letters are different ....
It sends you spiraling into another few months of contemplation that you don’t tell anyone about—
(it’s not their problem, so why should you bother them?)
—Because how arrogant are to claim to know every part of yourself to determine your own personality type? You must make sure nothing is missing!
Then you read and start actually observing other people more, to try and find a common ground among the types, something that indicates you’re on the same mental wavelength.
And then you realize that other people are sprouting opinions and rash analyses and you get personally offended because here you spend YEARS of your like doubting your own inter- and introspective intelligence just to make sure you weren’t missing anything when all they’re actually doing is throwing half baked thoughts on MBTI to feel important and typing themselves on how they want to be, instead of reflecting on who they are.
And you finally realize you’ve come to know yourself much better than those belligerent, uncultured, attention-seeking blob-fishes.
Then you realize that you have accumulated enough research on yourself and the MBTI to know that you are an INTP...
....And then reflecting on your process of accepting your analysis allows you to finally confirm this knowledge.

And when you do that, that’s how you know that you’re an INTP ..........

...."...........
........Then you start looking for a margin of error, or how possible changes to your psyche could effect your type, and how if the way you perceive the work now is subject to change.

So your comfort is that constantly doubting something is a strong indicting that you’re an INTP.

Well. Whatever THAT means.

Wow.. this sounds just like me.. except I'm not intp XD so now you know ESFj's can be just like you. Weird, huh? ALSO, I wouldn't let you leave anything in the fridge for that long. Maybe a week, at most

moody

Local time
Yesterday 10:46 PM
-->
Wow.. this sounds just like me.. except I'm not intp XD so now you know ESFj's can be just like you. Weird, huh? ALSO, I wouldn't let you leave anything in the fridge for that long. Maybe a week, at most

People can be extremely similar, yet opposite types: I think the root of what differentiates MBTI types is the way we cognitively process the world.

Unlike the INTP stereotype, I've never been able to completely no give a bleep about what others think. I obsess about the ripple effect of my actions, but I certainly don't care for any social rules.

I have totally left spoilt food in the fridge for FAR too long...same goes for recycling. I get so guilty about wasting something because I didn't eat it in time, that I avoid throwing things away. I let trash (non-perishable) pile up because I worry so much about where it's going to go if I throw it away.

Top Bottom