• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTPf is migrating. Donate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
Today 6:48 AM
-->
Dear citizens of this forum,
as many of you have noticed the outdated software of this place has been causing a myriad of problems such as popups and functionalities going amiss, which is why we will be porting the forum asap (so no posts will be lost as I understand it). The great Ragnar assisted by his minions is organizing the port and we are now collecting donations in order to cover the up front costs, which will amount to about 530 USD (I believe). Up until now his highness has always covered forum related costs himself so we thought that helping out would be a nice move.

The new software will be Xenforo.

Feel free to donate any sum to the link below if you so wish, every little bit helps, the admins have collectively already pledged to cover about 300 of it so technically it shouldn’t be too huge, (though we are all waiting for the beginning of feb to put it in.)

https://paypal.me/pools/c/81hQbBhVz1

See you all on the other side, hopefully :phear:

PS : YES THE INTERFACE WILL BE DARK SHUT UP ABOUT THE INTERFACE ALREADY

Haim

Worlds creator
Local time
Today 9:48 AM
-->
First time I want to donate something and
"Money pools aren't available in Israel at the moment."

I don't even need money pools, one money pool will do, this all thing is a scam, what so bad about a jew swimming in money?

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Although it sounds all cool, futuristic and cyberpunk, would paying in ether not be (pardon my French ) le pain in le ass for Ragnar when he has to pay whoever to port the forum ?

Tbh I just don’t know :phear: let us wait for a more competent minion than myself to show themselves and answer your question.

I think it is cool, futuristic and cyberpunk that u have ether tho. I want some too.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 5:48 PM
-->
I'm so stoked that $25 in my currency worked out to be £13.37

Old school nerd references ftw

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
Yesterday 11:48 PM
-->
offer your sacrifices!

plfF1fc.png

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 12:48 AM
-->
I could take the Ether, Cog, but then I can't even send my own part because the money pools from paypal aren't available in all countries, even if I already have a paypal account. You'd expect a company that pioneered digital payments would have left archaic notions of national segmentation behind long ago...

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 1:48 AM
-->
I hope this buys immunity against a ban

Probably works closer to something like Survivor. You get your Immunity, but you can only use it once.

:elephant:

Also, I cannot donate because I can't use paypal anymore.

Nebulous

Local time
Today 2:48 AM
-->
What does this mean for all the ol posts on here?

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->

Claverhouse

Royalist Freicorps Feldgendarme
Local time
-->
Very many thanks to those who are so generous.

No privileges accrue, but neither do demerits for those who don't have the means to give. :angel:
No-one should go without for a website.

Those who can't get to the pool could try my basic PayPal, which is

claverhouse@tutanota.de

or seemingly

paypal.me/Claverhouse

PayPal remains it's own mystery, and founded like Amazon, eBay and Microsoft et al by rather awful people, yet by now it's the standard.

Thanks to all.

Claverhouse

Royalist Freicorps Feldgendarme
Local time
-->
Nota bene:

We will be going for Xenforo 2, which came out a few months back. Version 1 add-ons won't work with Version 2, so I've just looked for Version 2 Styles.

This free style looks like an adequate main style to replace this vBull Dark Castle [ modified ] until someone can remake it, hopefully with these narrow borders *.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/shades-of-grey.5812/

Anyone with suggestions from

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/styles-2-x.45/

or anywhere else for secondary styles is free to mention their preference.

* Recursive

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
So we’re just gonna be running on new software? I wont have to make a new account and shit?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Well, if he is using the same database and porting over all the posts on the forum, yes, the member accounts should remain as well.

Basically what is changing is the front-end and the security setup in how we access the database, right?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
You won't need new accounts no.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
ohh, i like this one! it has my vote

I like the main style but I’m not so much of a fan of the genral layout with the videos at the top and such, I like how minimalist the current one looks, with just text. But I guess you can’t have everything.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 7:48 AM
-->
this style is kind off overstimulating tbh
can't slaves remake dark castles?we have slaves right?volunteers or someone.
After short consideration I think it has to be one person. Gopher.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
What did the Shakers ever do for us ?

I like the main style but I’m not so much of a fan of the genral layout with the videos at the top and such, I like how minimalist the current one looks, with just text. But I guess you can’t have everything.

Indeed, and all stimulation will be avoided ultimately. However as I despise minimalist philosophy, and generally prefer the baroque and ornate --- but in a restrained style --- I would just call it quiet good taste. As now.

And hopefully all extraneous Fat Slab elements can be filtered out.

Everywhere !

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Just throwing this out there, but I know Typology Central has a link where you can connect your Forum posts from that site to Personality Insights - IBM Watson I thought having a utility like that where something along the lines of typing yourself was built into the site.

Just an idea.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
Perhaps, but someone else would have to do it. Remind the admins at a future date to see if anyone is interested in that implementation.

:cthulhu:

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Perhaps, but someone else would have to do it. Remind the admins at a future date to see if anyone is interested in that implementation.

:cthulhu:

@Serec.

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
Yesterday 11:48 PM
-->
almost there peep!! just need one more push. \o/

Just imagine the smell of new plastic, like a present unwrapped at christmas.

Imagine all the new Arena toys we'll have to play with. the knives have gotten dull.

Imagine each one of us getting a brand new bunker and User Cpanel... and bed, and... lobby... and fresh air *cough* and new ventilation system...

you know you want it

you know you needz it

the precious

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
But will it have a chatbox? And will I still be lord Emperor of said chatbox despite not being seen there for years. (Like all good Emperors of dystopian kingdoms)

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Looks like I would have to learn javascript for that, but definitely sounds like an interesting project nonetheless

No obligation, ofc.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
So when’s it happening? Goal was reached 70 pounds ago :)

Hey wait a sec - we’re keeping the emoticons right? None of that fancy emoji shit these fuckin millennials are infecting the world with?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

Hey wait a sec - we’re keeping the emoticons right? None of that fancy emoji shit these fuckin millennials are infecting the world with?

well, it would be whatever is in the standard smiley datapool for whatever version of xenforo we'd be using.

Obviously unique smileys were added to the library here, so those would have to be copied over manually as well + anything else people want. At least, I've done that kind of work in other iterations of vbull as an admin... yeah, I hate most modern emojis, that evolved through texting and AIM / Messenger

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
I'm in a similar situation.

Sucks you can't take some crypto.

I can, if you can tell me, or the [ new ] INTPF coffers, how to accept it.

Last word from our hosts was:

Hi,
Michael will get back to you on this. Please hold on.

So I assume they're considering how to proceed. My last words to them were regarding payment, since if if suddenly took a lot more hours I don't want a bill so big they suspended the site.

I will live and die on our little darlings.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
On the other hand, I note that while the ticket has the urgency Low I assigned ( High is for much more than this, as when with some previous hosts the servers went critical, and technicians had to 'enter the cage' whatever that means ), they have now set Status as Escalated.

:king-twitter:

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
On the other hand, I note that while the ticket has the urgency Low I assigned ( High is for much more than this, as when with some previous hosts the servers went critical, and technicians had to 'enter the cage' whatever that means ), they have now set Status as Escalated.

:king-twitter:

Yay! That means either more people are working on our site, or the site is about to blow up and destroy human life as we know it!

(Either sounds exciting.)

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Yay! That means either more people are working on our site, or the site is about to blow up and destroy human life as we know it!

(Either sounds exciting.)

:mythcreature:

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
This may happen at any time, from tonight to a few days. I'll try to give enough warning, but the schedule is not up to me, and we are working with a ticket system of question and answer for information.

I opted for complete back-ups ( restoration of the vBulletin forum if it goes awry ) and straight ahead conversion. A test site would have doubled the cost.

However, afterwards it will be a vanilla XenForo --- all the posts and members transferred --- but none of the vBull extensions will work and admins will have to familiarise themselves with a completely new administration system.

:storks:

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 12:48 AM
-->
:rip: vBulletin!

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
And so started the forum wars attempting to be the last post before the transition. No doubt AnimeKitty will win by default.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
And so started the forum wars attempting to be the last post before the transition. No doubt AnimeKitty will win by default.

I lol'd

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
dead.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
Is it possible/not-too-late/preferable to allow every user a single chance to change their username upon first migration login?

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
I would probs leave it, but I might be tempted to add a second word - it gets a bit confusing.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
...I feel like we're waiting for a bomb to go off. :storks:

Every day -- "is it today? Guess not."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom