• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INTP guide: how to study and tips

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:42 PM
-->
since i used to be terrible at school and acadmeics, I have improved since then, I will give a few tips and share my study strategy

in high school or college. Although I still hated the system , I am nevertheless forced to cope with it play by its rules

here are a few protips on how to study effectively from my years , and i encourage others to share:

(1)draft a rough study macro plan outline (all the topics) before you study for finals, dont study everything (100%)

(1) write down the final deadline at the end of the plan/outline
(2) go to khan academy or watch youtube if your teacher sucked

(3) getting right textbook that you can understand help by miles, if your textbook is terrible at explaining stuff, find a better one

(4)macro and micro topics, macro is big picture, micro is small details. micro are usually less important

(5) get your notes and papers organized is already 30% done, and in order of the lecture, you have to do this as semester progresses, if you notes are disorganized and full of missing holes, you are buttfucked in the last minute. even if you dont or too laza study in the last minute, just read or skim through your organized notes already give you some advantage.

(6) photocopy parts of the texbook you need to study, no more than 10 pages(, dont read through the whole textbook

(7) never aim and review 100% , roughly 50- 60% of everything is enough. you get fucked if you review everything to detail (usually running out of time/energy or get burnout cramming all the information)

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Here is better plan. Do not give a shit about school performance. Learn what you really need to know. Cash in like a big boy.

It is slave mentality to study shit. I never learned anything valuable in school besides arithmetic, reading, writing.

School systems are outdated, inefficient and generally teach a lot of terrible habits.

Basic goal if you really must study should be to understand things. Better know one thing properly than covering many subjects and knowing jack shit.

Plenty people had good grades in school and knew jackshit anyway. They were dumb as bag of bricks.

Focus on something that you like and learn it real well so you know it better than your teacher. Go online to learn more about it and as said before CASHING $$$ chink chink

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
when I try to learn a subject, I pretty much have one general method: look at things you are good at and try to figure out what you did in the past to become good in them. Then just apply that to the new subject.

in terms of scientific studies on learning, "depth of processing" seems to be the most important factor in learning effectively. If you're a slow and deep thinker like me, spend a lot of time looking at all aspects of a concept, including its historical origins.

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
Today 12:42 PM
-->
Deconstruct
Recall (without reference)
Model (without reference then compare with reference)
Sleep well

Rolling Cattle

no backbone
Local time
Today 1:42 PM
-->
I've been using anki to help memorize and study. It's an open-source flashcard app that supports audio/image, reverse-cards and tracks your progress stats. I'm doing really well with it.

Top Bottom