• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Input wanted

VCNY01

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 11:50 PM
-->
Anybody know of any good books or movies to watch? Been a bit bored lately..

Cegorach

Local time
Today 12:50 AM
-->
Members may be more inclined to reply if you give them a point of reference.
Like what sort of books and films that you have enjoyed in the past, what style you're in the mood for now.

I haven't watched a movie in years, but The Shape of Water looked interesting, maybe that?
For books, Terry Pratchett's Discworld series is always a good bet, if you haven't already read it.
Discworld small.jpg

Last edited:

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
Today 6:50 AM
-->
Shape of water was just great.

Discworld novels are just great.

OP perhaps give a few more pointers on things you like.

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
-->
Moved from General, which is for announcements etc..

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yeah there was this one book. It had about 250 pages. Don't recall what it was about though, but it was pretty good.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 1:50 AM
-->
The bible is the best sold book in human history. Try that.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I've heard Mein Kampf is also one of the bestsellers historically. Maybe try that.

In terms of movies, there is this movie by Andy Warhol called "Sleep", which is a 5 hour long take of a guy sleeping. Could be something

Last edited:

Cegorach

Local time
Today 12:50 AM
-->
Yeah, who doesn't enjoy building something in Mein Kampf once in a while?
Mein Kampf Small.png

Wait... something's not Reich here.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 1:50 AM
-->
I've heard Mein Kampf is also one of the bestsellers historically. Maybe try that.

In terms of movies, there is this movie by Andy Warhol called "Sleep", which is a 5 hour long take of a guy sleeping. Could be something

So many good lessons.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 11:50 PM
-->
In Search of Lost Time, Marcel Proust or A Dance to the Music of Time, Anthony Powell. Anything by Wittgenstein. Also, probably, you might like Vladmir Nabakov's stuff if you want some Russian literature like Lolita or Pnin. If not in the mood for anything too dense then try Franz Kafka, such as Metamorphosis where the guy in his apartment turns into a roach. Albert Camus is good too, The Stranger can be a thought provoking read although I personally didn't like it - wasn't my style. Stephen King is popular and doesn't disappoint. Don't just only watch new movies and films like It. Doing that could skew your perception of the world from what I hear. I wouldn't recommend you read a lot or watch too much TV.

Top Bottom