• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Innovations in Quadcopter Control

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
Today 12:27 AM
-->
Help mall cops locate lost children in shopping malls by homing in on their cell phones.

-Duxwing

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 12:27 PM
-->
Search and rescue. If this can compensate turbulence for in stormy weather, then it could be used to identify flood victims before it is too late.

Military purposes. Could be useful to deliver powerful explosives in the battlefield.

Duxwing

Local time
-->
Search and rescue. If this can compensate turbulence for in stormy weather, then it could be used to identify flood victims before it is too late.

If we can make them cheaply, then we can release swarms of them from fixed and mobile containers to gather data whenever disaster strikes. They could even carry small rescue equipment--small hoses, hooks, rope ladders--if built to slightly larger dimensions.

Military purposes. Could be useful to deliver powerful explosives in the battlefield.

Or prevent the battle entirely by hovering over every military base in the world, a deadly pistol aimed at generals eager to make war and despots mad with power. But when the battle comes too soon, that same pistol could mow down infantry with nigh impunity by zipping about at breakneck speeds from far away and high above.

-Duxwing

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Today 4:27 PM
-->
A toy!

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
If we can make them cheaply, then we can release swarms of them from fixed and mobile containers to gather data whenever disaster strikes. They could even carry small rescue equipment--small hoses, hooks, rope ladders--if built to slightly larger dimensions.

I agree. They can also carry small disaster survival kits that the victim can use to buy their rescuers time.

Or prevent the battle entirely by hovering over every military base in the world, a deadly pistol aimed at generals eager to make war and despots mad with power. But when the battle comes too soon, that same pistol could mow down infantry with nigh impunity by zipping about at breakneck speeds from far away and high above.

-Duxwing

Let's name it the Damocles Protocol! Anyways, the classic problem arises, who will drone the drone men?

If they could pump the drones up into A-10 Thunderbolt II levels then why not?

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->

Duxwing

Local time
-->
I agree. They can also carry small disaster survival kits that the victim can use to buy their rescuers time.

Or perhaps act as rescuers in themselves, provided even larger dimensions and some grasper arms?

Let's name it the Damocles Protocol! Anyways, the classic problem arises, who will drone the drone men?

The drones would be autonomous and maintained by the United Nations.

If they could pump the drones up into A-10 Thunderbolt II levels then why not?

My idea was to carry the quadrotor on one's back and hurl it into the fray.

-Duxwing

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 5:27 PM
-->
That's not such a bad idea, they don't have much endurance but if you only need it to carry a pistol and at very least annoy a sniper enough that your guys can change position in relative safety then that's all you need.

A camera would be great too, in urban engagements being able to see things from above gives you a huge tactical advantage so if say a quadcopter flew up 20m or so with a camera pointing down and the troops have something like the Google Glass that would certainly help.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 5:27 PM
-->
I will pay for a dogfight version of BattleBots.
I've been thinking of a BB gun version of that with big mecha like hexapod robots that have foam armour with sensors underneath so you have to shoot through the armour to hit the sensors and defeat them, while of course it's shooting back and generally doing its best to be terrifying.

Top Bottom