• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.

INFP Body type(s)

Pizzabeak

*Guardians of the Galaxy*
Male INFP body type one: one of the main types of body for male INFPs is the classic 'ectomorph', or long tall and skinny. This lankiness is a key characteristic of Fi and is sometimes associated with INTJ men and even INTPs, sometimes in female INTXs.

Body type two: well built but not exactly fat. The skinniness (BT1) is associated with with Fi because it is used as a route to maintain a self respect. Extreme svelte can be seen as sickly but it is better than being fat. With Ti and being thin, it may just be "logical" to not overeat and gain fat, although genes may even prevent that by predisposing one with conditions to be of a certain archetype. And, other things can factor in, say, randomness.

With the hypothetical BT2 being regularly or fairly decently built is associated with the same desire for self respect which could vary in individuals. Sometimes they may just like food or have conditions exposing them to it but they may be comfortable with being large/tall. There is a subtype - kind of buff and tall/fat but since tall looks like not that fat. It works for them and contributes to their charm.

Body types for female INFPs: I'm not even really sure where to begin with this one. More data needed.

Contrary to popular belief, INFPs kick ass when it comes to understanding how other people feel and social cues - lead Fi. Even though it's more associated with their own inner feelings, since it gets preferred use, they can easily apply it in social situations and gauge how others are feeling and their role; they may be more lenient than ENFPs. INFPs don't suck at at controlling groups, in a comfort zone, or making people feel basically well come. ISFP may have a little difficulty with applied empathy. Maybe 'immature' INFP will be inclined to troll or passively aggress but all in all Fi is used to, perhaps inadvertently, understand others.

What is interesting is that theory of misunderstood Jungian values - that for example INTP is actually Ni-Ti. Wouldn't this mean ENFP is actually Ne-Fe?

Pizzabeak

*Guardians of the Galaxy*
Nevermind, I redact this whole hypothesis perhaps tentatively for fear of mistyping i.e. bad data. With more though I should be able to clear things up.

Architect

Professional INTP
There's a series of old books available which correlate body types to MBTI types, dig around Amazon and you'll find it. As you'd expect thinkers and intuitives tend towards thin (ecto I think) and extraversion and sensation towards pear and rotund (meso IIRC). Anyhow the series gets fairly detailed.

Shieru

rational romantic
I think there may be a correlation between psychological type and body type. Recently, I've been studying the Enneagram, which basically seems to describe different instinctual/emotional forms one may take based on their reaction to early experiences. It seems that one's psychological type plays a significant role in the way they will tend to express instincts and handle emotions, and so both INFPs and INTPs tend to type in Enneagram as predominantly type 4 and 5. INFPs seem to have a leaning to type 4 - an independent, sensitive, self-expressive character, while INTPs have a leaning to type 5 - a disassociative, rationalizing character.

I spoke with a friend who knows quite a bit more about Enneagram than I do, and they referred me to a very interesting article which makes a lot of sense to me: http://energeticsinstitute.com.au/psychotherapy-counselling/characterology/

What they explained is that type 5s tend to have the 'schizoid' body type, while type 4s have an 'oral' body type. Comparing the people I know to be INFP and INTP to these descriptions, there does seem to be a strong correlation. It's interesting to note that female INTPs will tend to express more 4 traits than males, and may resemble INFPs in some ways, including their corresponding body type. In myself particularly (INTP 549) I see a pretty obvious combo of both body types. This, of course, doesn't represent the reality of everyone, as temperament is determined by many factors, and nurture varies widely between different people of the same type. I've met overweight and well-built people of both types as well.

Top Bottom