• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

INFJ, Ni-Ti loop and heavy P

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
Tomorrow 4:47 AM
-->
Just confirming my ideas. The INFJ can come off as a P easily if in an Ni-Ti loop because the Je is ignored??? Recently discovered that I may be INFJ, which kinda frustrates me because I don't wanna be no feeler, but as long as I keep in this genius loop I'll be good.
The thing is, are we constantly using functions?

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
What, you don't wanna admit that your primary method of reasoning is social rather than mechanical?

Ni seems to be associated with "genius", probably because Ni types value intelligence the most (or do they?), just like any type is the most X where X is what the type values the most.

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
By abduction, INFJ is the most accurate in how it fits in with my childhood and lack of Ne usage outside of social interaction. Definitely don't use Fe, may have used it at a younger age, I'm quite capable of socializing, and have an awareness of other's responses to what I am saying. May I ask what led you to think you were INFJ Artsu?

I have no doubt that my method of reasoning is mechanical, but still have a ways to go in my research.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
By abduction, INFJ is the most accurate in how it fits in with my childhood and lack of Ne usage outside of social interaction. Definitely don't use Fe, may have used it at a younger age, I'm quite capable of socializing, and have an awareness of other's responses to what I am saying. May I ask what led you to think you were INFJ Artsu?

I have no doubt that my method of reasoning is mechanical, but still have a ways to go in my research.

Originally: I could tell that I was an introvert, dominant T or N, and Ti/Fe user, and as I read more about Ni I related to it more and more, and could begin to see that I had auxiliary Fe use, but that it was suppressed by my environment, or rather, the way I had come to interact with my environment. I am still like that - my Fe is underused/underdeveloped, or at least, there is some significant barrier there.

For a while I questioned my type, going one way to the next to see if I had missed something, but eventually I came back to INFJ because the evidence suggested it. Now, I can actually see the way my functions manifest, at least when I look for it I can, and so there is no significant doubt that I am an INFJ.

What do you assume Fe consists of?

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
I imagine it as an emotional judgment concerning how others feel, emotional because of the need for emotions to assist in empathy.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
I imagine it as an emotional judgment concerning how others feel, emotional because of the need for emotions to assist in empathy.

I don't think it's necessarily emotion or empathy based?

I see it as a focus on other people, whether they are physically present or not, or not even real people. It is fundamentally social, and when I engage in Fe on my own, I am basically engaging in a conversation in my head as though it were with another person. I am adjusting what I say to an imagined audience.

Around other people, it involves how one composes oneself, so that one navigates the social environment and acts so as to try and elicit the response one desires. For myself, I overdo it in a quietened down direction, basically not wanting to upset the balance of how things are progressing, so it can seem as if I am not using Fe, but I really am, and that is how I remain likable... but is it really that I want to be likable? It sort of is, but it's more like there's this force all around me, heightened considerably by other people being around, which forces my actions along a particular line. What I would need is a higher force which transcends such manners* for me to adapt my behaviour in accordance with.

*this was meant to say "matters", but I thought the typo was too fitting to get rid of

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
My Fe is still pretty much nonexistent, but obviously there is some need to elicit a favorable response in the people around me. I would not say that I focus on other people.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 12:47 PM
-->
What do you guys think about ENFJ's?

If you two are in the Ni - Ti loop then I now realize I am in the Fe - Se loop.

I am sorry I could not see how you partition thing in you text analysis of type Artsu Tharaz.

This whole time I failed to see how type worked for 7 years because when I tried to explain it using Ti I confused myself. I emotionally damaged myself trying to use Ti. I just cannot use logic. It hurts. I thought I could work it out that way but I can't. Michael Pierce is INFJ. You three all seem the same to me. I can tell just by listening, I don't need partitioning. Now that I am back to Fe - Se I feel lots better.

Read my words in your head as if I were Barbra Streisand.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
-->
I can tell just by listening, I don't need partitioning.

It is probably better to do things in a different way rather than partitioning, but I just wish to show people that such a method exists. And if you can see the mode, then it can allow for a way of looking at which function the person is using at the forefront at the time.

However, I have only had limited luck with applying it for people, it is a hard method to use, but it is there. We cycle from the dominant to the inferior, and then it seems we go back again, but I am less sure on that point.

For example, I might try to apply my method to your above post by saying that you first referenced us, then referenced your own journey. I try to limit how much I apply this method to others, and usually when I apply it I am applying it to my own posts, to see how my functions manifest. I am looking for clues as to how I can engage my Fe better, and I see that I am something of a teacher when I use it, but it's easier to use it in my own mind by imagining conversations with others.

Whatever your type is, I know that I like the sort of things you bring to the forum, and technically that is as much of an analysis as I need, but I am trying to prove, firstly to myself, that this method* of analysing people does apply to a real phenomena, and not just to a theory that has been dreamt up in the mind but does not really apply. I already have seen enough that I can commit to it, but the real results are lacking.

* typology in general I mean, not specifically my own ideas regarding it

What do you guys think about ENFJ's?

I will internally reference the ENFJs I know in real life... now I am not quite sure where I stand regarding them, but what I can say is that they make me aware of the social environment and my place in it in a way that I find very uncomfortable, as if there were a strong pressure on me to perform correctly. This is because I have social anxiety, and so I am very anxious regarding the social environment. I wish I were not, and I believe my greatest failings in life stem from my lack of - perhaps not innate, but learned - ability in this regard. They should technically have the ability to help me to become more socially successful, but this is not something that has quite become a reality... I am still withdrawn. Female ENFJs are more pleasant to me than the males, but still there is a kind of overwhelmingness regarding their presence. It is my own relation to my Fe which prevents me from forming a more favourable view, they make me painfully aware.

Top Bottom